+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Verooney

Star Member
Aug 11, 2015
@robertp @laxsun @bdidol @serious_cheese

Hello everyone,

I am a June 12 applicant still awaiting SA after I submitted BC back in Feb this year. My parents passports have expired and they are going to renew? Should I submit the new passports to IRCC? If yes, what is the best way? Webform?

Thanks in advance

Reactions: gen_z

curious205

Mar 20, 2018
FYI, My friend who is permanent resident and living in Canada, his parents tried to board a flight from Mumbai to Toronto (On visitor Visa) were refused to board the plan. They were refused by security at the airport saying "Flight rules only allow Canadian citizens or Workers".

So make sure you guys check with airlines (Flight rules) before booking their ticket. They were coming on Visitor Visa
Your friend might want to check with CIC and CBSA on "Family Reunification" and send them this link with the inquiry.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/travel-restrictions.html#family-reunification

According to the information on that link, it is possible for the "immediate family members" of Canadian PR or citizen to be reunited. So, I'd inquire about that first. If CIC says that they could be exempt from the travel restrictions, I would use that email and send it to the airlines. That will resolve the issues.

Last edited:
Reactions: yaros

afged

Star Member
Jun 25, 2012
They asked for forms that we think were part of original submission but we submitted again. They asked PCC from other countries that she has stayed in for over 6 months which was Newzealand in our case. The email was from cic.gc.ca but the request letter has London Visa Office address in the footer and asks to submit any changes on the application since submission to london office email address. Now they are asking to submit passport and pictures to local visa office or high commission for stamping. PR visa will expire when medical expires which is 27 Feb in our case.
thanks , one more questions..... is interview required ?

TYCanada

Jul 24, 2020
That's over simplifying the situation a bit. Federal departments and agencies have to follow both federal and provincial guidelines on reopening office spaces. This means reduced capacity in offices and allowing some to work from home etc. Let's say for the sake of argument that the government offices are fully reopened and COVID does spread among federal departments and agencies, the shutdown would be even longer and interruption to services Canadians rely on will have a significant impact. From the business continuation point of view, it's critical to have a functioning government during crises and federal employees are the essential part of it. That's the reason why federal departments are operating on a cautious approach. It's difficult to make everyone happy and that's just part of running the government, I guess.
Well said

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nothing updated on my case started processing in March. June 21 submission, anyone on the same boat?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi All,
I have a question about the travel from India to Canada.
My mother was issued her CoPR on July 07,2020 and is valid till Oct 11, 2020.
Is she allowed to travel on current special flights by Air india?
I saw a directive tht says the application has to be approved before march 18 for travel. Does it still apply?
Your mother may not qualify to book one of the special repatriation flight. You’ll need to check.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Haha, I'd have to disagree and say that Mexico is the absolute slowest! My mom's file has been there for 9 months now with no movement since transferred there. It's going to be a long wait.
Unfortunately now that covid cases have exploded in Mexico would expect the processing to remain slow. On a positive you are still one of the lucky ones who are sponsoring their parents.