26-03-12
LANDED..........
July - 12
Update on my parent's file;
Medical passed August 12.
Not sure what's my line # in tracker.

shivibrar

Jun 9, 2015
Hey which flight are you going to book for them?

My parents got copr approved july 2nd. I am thinking to book for sept Lufthansa Mumbai to Frankfurt and Frankfurt to Torontoi
I asked the same question on twitter to IRCC. The reply i got was - if the CoPR was approved after March 18 and coming outside of US, travel restrictions apply to them.
Now my dilemma is - if [parents come as immediate family members which visa would be considered ?visitor visa or the immigrant visa?
Will Canada accept them as PR or just visitors?
i personally am planning to wait another month to see if these rules change.

afged

Star Member
Jun 25, 2012
Yes, you will recieve AOR from london office and normally they start processing application after around 5 months.
London office is responsible for 17 countries and I found it the slowest.
CIC also transfer my parents file to London like six months ago , since than i have no corespondent from them, which country are parents living ?

ZOYAMAN13

Apr 11, 2017
I asked the same question on twitter to IRCC. The reply i got was - if the CoPR was approved after March 18 and coming outside of US, travel restrictions apply to them.
Now my dilemma is - if [parents come as immediate family members which visa would be considered ?visitor visa or the immigrant visa?
Will Canada accept them as PR or just visitors?
i personally am planning to wait another month to see if these rules change.

That is exactly my concern.

And my parents don't even have a visit Visa.

They only have copr

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Hello Guys,

My application for my Parents was received in Ottawa in June 27, 2019. Additional documents were requested on Nov 7, 2019 and submitted via email on the same day as well. I haven't received any updated from CIC about the application at all. I haven't received the application number as well to check the status.
Can anyone guide me if I shoud contact CIC or leave it as it is taking long time for everybody's application.
Keep checking ecas with your UCI :
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do?lang=en
Not many applicants of your time have got anything yet.

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Hello everyone,

Out of curiosity for parents landing in Alberta - what other benefits do they qualify for aside from health benefits?

Do they qualify for prescription insurance/drug plan too?

Thanks
Do you remember getting prescription insurance/drug as a PR?

afged

Star Member
Jun 25, 2012
Hello folks, Any updates from London, UK office? did they start working on applications yet? Been waiting for updates since Jan. 2020. Is there an email address or phone no. to follow up ? Thank you
i got an email from CIC That they tranfer my files to UK like six months ago so for nothing ... which country your parents are in ?

qjzhou

May 4, 2016
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So we are sending our kids in Sept in a full-sized, cramped classroom and yet CIC employee cannot work on the PR files because of the "safety" reasons!
That means the government employees are more "vulnerable" than kids... ... Ridiculous!

galaxyman

Oct 10, 2019
Hello All,
Like many others, waiting patiently since medicals passed and biometrics, PCC, etc done in January/February 2020.
I am beginning to wonder if there is a glitch in our processing, because while MyCIC shows biometrics number and enrollment date, under "details" it has been saying "We have not received your fingerprints. Check your biometrics request message below for details."
Visa office is Mississauga. We are US citizens and did our biometrics in the USA. Do I need to contact CIC or is this normal?