+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

kulb

Feb 11, 2018
Hello All,
Like many others, waiting patiently since medicals passed and biometrics, PCC, etc done in January/February 2020.
I am beginning to wonder if there is a glitch in our processing, because while MyCIC shows biometrics number and enrollment date, under "details" it has been saying "We have not received your fingerprints. Check your biometrics request message below for details."
Visa office is Mississauga. We are US citizens and did our biometrics in the USA. Do I need to contact CIC or is this normal?
Same here....BM, PCC, medicals all done for my mom. Assigned VO is CPC-M from whom last communication was in January 2020.

For your BM situation, it could be a system glitch as the file shows BM number and date. You could just send a webform inquiry to them for this just to be sure.

zskhan

Oct 3, 2013
Hello all,
I received PPR today for mils application.
Application was received on May 5th
AOR received from London Visa Office on October 18th
Additional documents, PCC was requested Feb 10
Medical was passed February 27
PPR received on Aug 13

Our address on the file was Canada as she was with us when we submitted her application but the paper asks to submit passports to High Commission Islamabad in case applicant is not in Canada anymore.

Hope it helps :)

misterbmw

Star Member
Apr 6, 2013
Hello all,
PPR received on Aug 13

Our address on the file was Canada as she was with us when we submitted her application but the paper asks to submit passports to High Commission Islamabad in case applicant is not in Canada anymore.

Congratulations! I believe it`s a first PPR from London LVO this year!

Zaamil

Star Member
Nov 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan-2012
File Transfer...
Mar-2012
Med's Request
+RePCC+ReForms Aug-2013
Med's Done....
Aug-2013 RePCC+ReForms submit Oct 2013
Passport Req..
PPR 1 13th Jun 2014 and PPR 2 25 Jun 2014
VISA ISSUED...
You Wish!
LANDED..........
La La Land!
Hello all,
PPR received on Aug 13

Finally London office woke up!!!! many congrats. Did you receive passport request via email or myCIC? Is your ecas status already updated to Decision Made?

yaros

Star Member
Jan 19, 2016
FYI, My friend who is permanent resident and living in Canada, his parents tried to board a flight from Mumbai to Toronto (On visitor Visa) were refused to board the plan. They were refused by security at the airport saying "Flight rules only allow Canadian citizens or Workers".

So make sure you guys check with airlines (Flight rules) before booking their ticket. They were coming on Visitor Visa

afged

Star Member
Jun 25, 2012
hello everyone!! could you please let me know what the next step might be or what the time line is based on current conditions. what additional documents they might ask for or is there an interview???

I received an email from cic back in January to do Bio metrics two days after that i got an email that I meet the sponsorship requirements and my file is transfer to London since than no further communication when i check online today it shows me this

On-Line Services
FAQ | Security
Permanent Residence
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on June 6, 2019.
  2. We started processing your application on August 02, 2020. ( i received email from London with file number today August 14 six month ealier my file was tranfer to london
  3. We sent you a letter on January 15, 2020. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Last edited:

galaxyman

Oct 10, 2019
Same here....BM, PCC, medicals all done for my mom. Assigned VO is CPC-M from whom last communication was in January 2020.

For your BM situation, it could be a system glitch as the file shows BM number and date. You could just send a webform inquiry to them for this just to be sure.
Thanks for your suggestion, I sent them a webform inquiry just now, I hope to get a response ....

TYCanada

Jul 24, 2020
That means the government employees are more "vulnerable" than kids... ... Ridiculous!
Children not attending school has potentially a life-long negative impact. Government employees being slow (even if they are - we do not really know what is going on) for PGP processing has only temporary impact, if any. PGP is a privilege. It is not a right.

zskhan

Oct 3, 2013
Mubark !!!! what additional documents they asked for ?
They asked for forms that we think were part of original submission but we submitted again. They asked PCC from other countries that she has stayed in for over 6 months which was Newzealand in our case. The email was from cic.gc.ca but the request letter has London Visa Office address in the footer and asks to submit any changes on the application since submission to london office email address. Now they are asking to submit passport and pictures to local visa office or high commission for stamping. PR visa will expire when medical expires which is 27 Feb in our case.

curious205

Mar 20, 2018
So we are sending our kids in Sept in a full-sized, cramped classroom and yet CIC employee cannot work on the PR files because of the "safety" reasons!
That's over simplifying the situation a bit. Federal departments and agencies have to follow both federal and provincial guidelines on reopening office spaces. This means reduced capacity in offices and allowing some to work from home etc. Let's say for the sake of argument that the government offices are fully reopened and COVID does spread among federal departments and agencies, the shutdown would be even longer and interruption to services Canadians rely on will have a significant impact. From the business continuation point of view, it's critical to have a functioning government during crises and federal employees are the essential part of it. That's the reason why federal departments are operating on a cautious approach. It's difficult to make everyone happy and that's just part of running the government, I guess.

RAY2112

Jul 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Haha, I'd have to disagree and say that Mexico is the absolute slowest! My mom's file has been there for 9 months now with no movement since transferred there. It's going to be a long wait.
My parents files 1 year without any movement, that's too much.