+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

c_cherry

Feb 6, 2015
Hello
i submitted my Parents application on 21st June 2019 and got AOR on 3rd Dec 2019. since then no up date. Not yet received Sponsor DM/Approval letter. anyone else in similar situation ?
i have the exact same situation. application received on 21 June, AOR on 3rd dec and still in Application received. Guess we are worst hit by covid delays. may we see some progress soon.

Kabbdi

Aug 3, 2020
i have the exact same situation. application received on 21 June, AOR on 3rd dec and still in Application received. Guess we are worst hit by covid delays. may we see some progress soon.
Don't worry my friend . At least you you can check application status . In my case I received invitation from IRCC in April 2019. I forward that email to my friend , as he got his immigration consultant license and wanted to handle my case . With first few errors and delays , he told me that he submitted the application vie mail. Now , I believe IRCC is slow due to covid and he don't have any update on it.
I created an account on IRCC and tried to add filled application via using last name / birthdate/passport info/ also tried that B1D****-19 reference number I got in invitation email. That was everything I had and I could't add that filled application under my IRCC account . Please help me here . All I want to add my parents sponsor application under my IRCC account . Ty!

soroush

Star Member
Sep 4, 2014
Don't worry my friend . At least you you can check application status . In my case I received invitation from IRCC in April 2019. I forward that email to my friend , as he got his immigration consultant license and wanted to handle my case . With first few errors and delays , he told me that he submitted the application vie mail. Now , I believe IRCC is slow due to covid and he don't have any update on it.
I created an account on IRCC and tried to add filled application via using last name / birthdate/passport info/ also tried that B1D****-19 reference number I got in invitation email. That was everything I had and I could't add that filled application under my IRCC account . Please help me here . All I want to add my parents sponsor application under my IRCC account . Ty!
Check this out:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/success-linking-application.510384/page-6#post-8273083

paradoxunlimited

Star Member
Feb 20, 2018
********************Pandemic and Visa processing status**************
My Parents medical result will be expired on Dec 10th 2020. No indication of passport request or further document request. I did a CSE , they said they will provide a announcement that due to pandemic they will extend the time of medical expiration bla bla etc. I did not see anything ....Air travel is very limited and very much costly ow.. what is going on overall? In the tracer I dont see anyone got any Decison Made since mid march? or April? Any idea freinds?

Feb2004

Feb 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa (OPNP)
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-8-2014
Nomination.....
11-8-2014
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
1-12-2014
Interview........
PCC & RPRF 21-5-2015 (in process);PCC reached 4th June, RPRF paid 5th June.
Passport Req..
DM & PPR 13 Aug
VISA ISSUED...
20 Aug 2015. PP & COPR recd 26-8-2015
LANDED..........
6 Sept 2015
********************Pandemic and Visa processing status**************
My Parents medical result will be expired on Dec 10th 2020. No indication of passport request or further document request. I did a CSE , they said they will provide a announcement that due to pandemic they will extend the time of medical expiration bla bla etc. I did not see anything ....Air travel is very limited and very much costly ow.. what is going on overall? In the tracer I dont see anyone got any Decison Made since mid march? or April? Any idea freinds?
I have the same timeline as yours, ME expiring on Dec 12th 2020. No movement on the case.

curious205

Mar 20, 2018
Thank you for that information, it’s really helpful. Is the contact traveller information form given out on the aircraft? Thank you
My understanding is that you fill it out when you arrive at the port of entry and it could take a while to fill out depending on how many people are lining up on that particular day. I have a PDF of this form if you want to fill out it before landing. I don't think I can attach it to the thread though.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Everyone, I have few questions and hope some one will able to help.

My father in law has a super visa , his application for PR was approved and request letter to submit his passport was sent in March , but because of COVID all VAC were closed and he could not submit his passport.
Now, we are planning to bring him to Canada on his supervise and then sent his passport to Ottawa to finish the application of PR.

I will buy him an Emergency medical insurance to cover any medical emergency until he gets his PR.

My questions her is about the 14 days quarantine ?

Do I need to rent a hotel / temporary furnished Apt for 14 days , I have a large house and he can stay in master bedroom with its own bathroom, or he can stay in the basement , is this possible ?
I am aware about ArrivCanada Ap and I think we will help him filling the webform ( he is not good with Technology )
I will be the one picking him up from airport wearing a mask ?
I hope his arrive will be smooth with no problems , please share any other recommendations.

Thanks in advance
It depends if:

1) If the basement has no separate entrance and you are willing to quarantine with him during the 14 days; or
2) if the basement has separate entrance, you don't have to quarantine with him during the 14 days

Yes, wear your mask at all times. If he don't know how to use the app, he can fill out the form (given by flight steward in the plane) by hand and submit it at airport.

Reactions: labibfares

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Everyone, I have few questions and hope some one will able to help.

My father in law has a super visa , his application for PR was approved and request letter to submit his passport was sent in March , but because of COVID all VAC were closed and he could not submit his passport.
Now, we are planning to bring him to Canada on his supervise and then sent his passport to Ottawa to finish the application of PR.

I will buy him an Emergency medical insurance to cover any medical emergency until he gets his PR.

My questions her is about the 14 days quarantine ?

Do I need to rent a hotel / temporary furnished Apt for 14 days , I have a large house and he can stay in master bedroom with its own bathroom, or he can stay in the basement , is this possible ?
I am aware about ArrivCanada Ap and I think we will help him filling the webform ( he is not good with Technology )
I will be the one picking him up from airport wearing a mask ?
I hope his arrive will be smooth with no problems , please share any other recommendations.

Thanks in advance
He can stay in the basement if he is the only person who stays down there and there is a door to close off from the other floors. You can then drop off any food at the door In the basement and once you return upstairs he can get the food. Yes you can pick up a relative if you don’t come into close contact with them. I would wear gloves to pick up the luggage and would wear an N95 mask. Passengers should be in the backseat on the opposite side of the driver and you should drive with your windows at least partially open to create good airflow when driving. Your parent should also be wearing a mask. When you arrive home you should clean off any place that could have been touched, especially by hands, in the car. I assume you are not working or have contact with a vulnerable population whether it be the immunocompromiseds, elderly, infants or pregnant women. If you are, another driver would be best.

Edit: Just read that you are a doctor. You shouldn’t be picking up anyone up from the airport when there are other options. Why risk your patient population? In your case you need to be extra cautious about making sure you are not exposed to covid.

Reactions: labibfares