Here is my recent updates

Medical request - June 9, 2020
Medical pass on June 25, 2020
Invitation pre arrival letter - July 1, 2020
Passport request letter - July 1, 2020
Passport sent on July 1, 2020
Passport returned on July 20, 2020
still waiting for COPR
Is you parent(s) in Canada? Did you send passport to Ottawa?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I emailed 2 days ago to Warsaw office and advised that she is in Canada and will stay in Canada at least for a year, and wrote that what I can expect, they advised that I'll receive PPR with instructions. Now where should I email for future instructions?
You wait. Inland lands are virtual so she will get sent an email with COPR congratulating her that she is a PR.

Reactions: newandold

respect2019

Jan 29, 2019
Anybody parents recently arrived in Canada as COPR..
No, it’s not true. I have cancelled Emirates ticket for 13th Aug. Yesterday I enquired with Etihad and they said probably after 15th Aug but not sure. Once you cancel the ticket refund takes more than 60 days.
I did talk to agent name as Adil and he gave me all these info … But still at the end .. no dates yet for international flights.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Vague policies have been the cause for the spread of covid 19.

As we speak the number of cases all across Canada continues to climb.

Common sense is no longer applicable in today's world where we see people making protests and vandalism in the name of their "common sense". I am loathe to rely on "common sense" these days. In fact I would say common sense is generally bad. Too many people are more concerned with their personal benefits and gains and can't be bothered about other people. The world has changed.

In any case it does look like there is a bit of disagreement from the "common sense" side of things as to whether taking a taxi is appropriate and safe for asymptomatic travelers arriving in Canada.

I would prefer that travelers not take taxis because a taxi driver is going to be taking several different people as passengers throughout the day and week. This means that the potential for spread is going to be there if the driver caught covid-19.

Private vehicles would be the best way. Again choosing who drives the private vehicle would be important as well. preferably someone who is not likely to be in contact with many people in the next 14 days.

So I am not going to be using taxis for my parents. The safest is still to have them drive themselves to the site for isolation.
Unfortunately some people don't have options. Obviously being able to drive yourself to quarantine is preferable but many don't have an option. I hope those picking up family wear a N95 and keep the windows down at a minimum.

kwgcda

Star Member
Jan 28, 2019
Unfortunately some people don't have options. Obviously being able to drive yourself to quarantine is preferable but many don't have an option. I hope those picking up family wear a N95 and keep the windows down at a minimum.
My mum will be coming from a country where they drive on the left side of the road. There's no way she could drive here without practice. I will quarantine with her, even though her country has no covid cases outside of managed quarantine (NZ).

Reactions: nayr69sg

PkPreeti

Apr 11, 2020
I need to order GCMS notes
Should I order only sponsorship side or both
As both SA and PA side in-process from long time

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I said exposed to covid. Taxi and Uber drivers will only accept you as a passenger if you are wearing a mask and you don’t sit up front of behind them. It is very hard to test people in transit. Getting a test result a few days before means the test is essentially obsolete by the time you fly. Stripping once you enter your quarantine location is to keep the germs out of your quarantine environment. Most hospital workers do the same.
We are exposed to covid everyday unless you don't go out - it's a matter of luck whether you got it or not. How would taxi or uber driver won't accept anyone who sit upfront or behind him? If you are a family of 4 (2 couples with 2 toddlers), are you going split hire 2 to 4 cars? Like I said before, some countries require people to undergo the test upon arrival and within 72 hours before departure outside Canada. Stripping is not needed. You can strip yourself after grocery shopping or work or delivering pizza if you want.

Last edited:

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Better yet, to have the test upon arrival to make sure they are covid-negative at least for the day.