+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Anyone whose parents have landed here has bought/considering to buy private medical insurance to cover dental, eyecare, prescription drugs and others that provincial health care doesn't cover?
Usually doesn't provide much coverage. You end up paying all or the majority yourself.

Reactions: gigab

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,
Can someone advice,PGP is approved for primary & dependent(Spouse) and has Visa stamped & COPR, if primary applicant is expired. Can we change dependent(Spouse) as primary applicant?
If so,please advice the process....
Contact CIC via webform and include death certificate.

rockwidme

Oct 6, 2016
god knows when they'll the start processing files received after April 20th. Its disappointing to see file still stuck at 'Application received' for over a year now :(

caninfoseeker

Aug 25, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney
Please update my info:

Line # in tracker:if applicable
Sponsored People:Parents
Parents Country of Citizenship:India
Sponsor Province:BC
Invitations Receive Date:
25-Apr-19​
Application received in Ottawa Date:
19-Jun-19​
AoR Received (DATE):
27-Nov-19​
Ecas Status for Sponsorship Application:Appl. receivedIn ProcessDecision made
Date: June 19, 2019Date:Date:
Ecas Status for permanent resident Application:Appl. receivedIn ProcessDecision made
Date:Date:Date:
Local Visa Office Name:
Biometric request :
MyCIC update:
IME (Medical )IME RequestIME Passed
Date:Date:
PCC request:
Additional document / travel history request date :
04-Mar-20​
PR decision made date :
PPR date :
Comment / additional information :
congratulation. what is local visa office

albertaorbust

Feb 8, 2009
I am asking question on behalf of my friend .
She has study visa for canada and travel agent told her that she can buy ticket and go to canada.
But on the other side she should have solid reason to go to canada. As study is on line so what can she say as a solid proof . Anybody has idea about it pls share.
As she will study online, here is an idea. Don't come to Canada. Not even a iota of doubt to ask such questions.

CA2510

Star Member
Jul 24, 2014
Hi all,

Please help.

This for my mother application under PGP 2019 program. She is in Canada currently but earlier she was here in 2017 ( and went back to India SEP 2019).
she also went to USA and was back in canada Dec 2019

Received an email from CIC Ott asking for. Your first and last day of entry.

Is entry from usa by road to be considered as Last day of entry ???

Thanks in adv.

Tangguoer

Star Member
Jun 10, 2020
Hi all,

Please help.

This for my mother application under PGP 2019 program. She is in Canada currently but earlier she was here in 2017 ( and went back to India SEP 2019).
she also went to USA and was back in canada Dec 2019

Received an email from CIC Ott asking for. Your first and last day of entry.

Is entry from usa by road to be considered as Last day of entry ???

Thanks in adv.
Yes

inaratay

May 9, 2019
Ontario
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
27-05-2019
I have noticed my parent's file is either being moved from one VO to another. Originally it was in CPC-M, then transferred to NDVO, again transferred to CPC-M and now it is in CPC-O. I am guessing the moves based on the emails i receive through the process.

Just want to know if anyone here has noticed this or went thru similar situation for their file? any input will help.

To my recent webform enquiry about the additional medical details, i have received this email.

We can provide you with the following details about the status of your application to sponsor your parents.
  • The application was received at the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga (CPC-M), Ontario, on May 27, 2019.
  • The eligibility requirements assessment for you, as a sponsor, has been finalized on December 6, 2020, and your file has been transferred to the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa, Ontario (CPC-O). A letter was sent to you by email on that day,
    • if more than 5 days have passed since this date and you have not yet received it, please advise us via our IRCC Web form so that it may be resent.
  • The responsible office is currently reviewing the application and documents submitted to determine if your parents meet the permanent residence requirements,
    • the assessment is still in process at the CPC-O.
  • The background verifications are in process.
  • Your parents medical examination results are currently in process,

Tangguoer

Star Member
Jun 10, 2020
I have noticed my parent's file is either being moved from one VO to another. Originally it was in CPC-M, then transferred to NDVO, again transferred to CPC-M and now it is in CPC-O. I am guessing the moves based on the emails i receive through the process.

Just want to know if anyone here has noticed this or went thru similar situation for their file? any input will help.

To my recent webform enquiry about the additional medical details, i have received this email.

We can provide you with the following details about the status of your application to sponsor your parents.
  • The application was received at the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga (CPC-M), Ontario, on May 27, 2019.
  • The eligibility requirements assessment for you, as a sponsor, has been finalized on December 6, 2020, and your file has been transferred to the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa, Ontario (CPC-O). A letter was sent to you by email on that day,
    • if more than 5 days have passed since this date and you have not yet received it, please advise us via our IRCC Web form so that it may be resent.
  • The responsible office is currently reviewing the application and documents submitted to determine if your parents meet the permanent residence requirements,
sponsorship processed in cpc-m, then your application is in cpc-o

abhi292000

Feb 24, 2010
Canada
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
20.June.2022
Doc's Request.
not yet
Morning All,

I want to apply for my parents sponsorship to Canada .Please i need experts inputs.
Both My Parents are in early 70's - Mom had done bypass surgery in 2006 and is diabetic and My dad has left vision damaged.
They both are alone in India and want to come and stay with me.
  1. Now what are the chances they will get PR approved ? My last three years income is above the Minimum requirement level?
  2. Will there medical conditions matter ?
  3. Any recommendations for any lawyers in Ontario (GTA Area) ?
  4. what is the total process cost for both of them ?
  5. If PR application gets rejected on medical grounds can we appeal?
Please help
Thanks
Abhi

S-u-r-r-e-y

Feb 13, 2019
@robertp @YULIA-2016 Help to update Line#129 (Jaindba) : My parents landed successfully on 13 July 2020, immigration was done at Vancouver and final destination was Calgary. Also help to update column , I was never asked for any additional documents except additional medical tests for my mother due to her Heart Condition.

Did they arrive from India? Are international flights running?

kulb

Feb 11, 2018

After reading your post, I can say there are some similarities to my case.

My mother is in Delhi. File received on May 29, 2019, followed by SA in January 2020 (delayed due to provincial SA check), then transferred to CPC-M followed by quick one after the other request for BM, medical and PCC from CPC-M. BM done in Jan 2020, PCC sent in Feb 2020, then process got delayed due to medical as NDVO sent furtherance, after which medical passed in June 2020. I don't have any further updates after this. I don't even know if the file is with CPC-M or NDVO.