+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

IheartCanada

Jun 4, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am sorry, I misunderstood. I applied for Ontario Photo identity card (and not OHIP). I understand that Ontario Identity card is considered as an address proof and visitors can apply for it.
Now make more sense: can you please let me the process for getting Ontario photo ID. I didn't know that visitors are able to get that. Did you apply recently? I was wondering if any restrictions for covid is in place at this time.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Ontario photo ID is not meant for visitors. People should be using their home passport. It is really for Ontarians that don’t have a drivers license So they have a second form of photo ID.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You just require a passport and need to visit the Service Ontario office with your parent. I applied for the OHIP card for my mother (she is a visitor)
There has been an error. Someone must not have realized she is a visitor. She shouldn’t have been given on Ontario ID when she isn’t legally allowed to reside in Ontario she is a visitor. Did she not have to provide PR card?

Parminder Gill

Star Member
Dec 6, 2019
I am asking question on behalf of my friend .
She has study visa for canada and travel agent told her that she can buy ticket and go to canada.
But on the other side she should have solid reason to go to canada. As study is on line so what can she say as a solid proof . Anybody has idea about it pls share.

Newb

Oct 5, 2017
Hi,
Can someone advice,PGP is approved for primary & dependent(Spouse) and has Visa stamped & COPR, if primary applicant is expired. Can we change dependent(Spouse) as primary applicant?
If so,please advice the process....

arz_rch

Nov 23, 2019
I am on the same boat! My application was received on June 24th. Still waiting for ECAS and AOR.
Hello,
Did you receive the AOR? I received it on Dec. 2019, and I'm still waiting for the SA letter. I'm wondering when I can apply CSQ from MIFI.
Thank you.

smjafri

Star Member
Nov 3, 2008
Hi all,

I am last week of May applicant. Application process starts in the 1st week of November. Additional documents including NOA of 2018 were asked in the same week. I have submitted all the required papers and forms. Both applications are in progress and no update. I have applied for GCMS notes in and found that they have received the documents. However no progress yet. Anyone can please guide me what to do? Shall I keep waiting? I have contacted via webform and they said keep waiting :) Thanks in advance

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
Anyone whose parents have landed here has bought/considering to buy private medical insurance to cover dental, eyecare, prescription drugs and others that provincial health care doesn't cover?

kwgcda

Star Member
Jan 28, 2019
Hi all,

I am last week of May applicant. Application process starts in the 1st week of November. Additional documents including NOA of 2018 were asked in the same week. I have submitted all the required papers and forms. Both applications are in progress and no update. I have applied for GCMS notes in and found that they have received the documents. However no progress yet. Anyone can please guide me what to do? Shall I keep waiting? I have contacted via webform and they said keep waiting :) Thanks in advance
Sit tight, we're all waiting. We are still in a pandemic and they're not working at full capacity.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am asking question on behalf of my friend .
She has study visa for canada and travel agent told her that she can buy ticket and go to canada.
But on the other side she should have solid reason to go to canada. As study is on line so what can she say as a solid proof . Anybody has idea about it pls share.
Post on the proper section.