+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

acalinao

Star Member
Sep 19, 2019
no, seems like they are only working on files already in process before covid
any applications that they did not start before covid, are completely being ignored.
Those of us who sent the files near deadline, have zero info.
This is not accurate. I hadn’t heard anything before COVID but finally received my AOR in April. So they are still working on files, just slowly.

Reactions: Hamied

albertaorbust

Feb 8, 2009
According to my last contact with CIC back in February, My application deemed complete in December and I need to wait to receive the AOR. Yet, I have not received the AOR and my file is not in the system. I called them 2 weeks a go they told me we have reduced capacity now and we can not give you any kind of new information.
Any body knows anything more?
Chill out. I am April 26 applicant and still waiting.

Reactions: canuck78

rehank

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Hey guys, I need your help. My parents got approved for permanent residency and virtual landing was down. So no request for passport. The letter says they are now permanent resident and now needs to submit the letter and photo to receive the PR card.

But on August 2nd 2020, their stay for 2 years was expiring so I applied for their extension of stay last month. So shall I withdraw the application or wait until the PR card is received ? Not too sure, and if I have to withdraw how do i do it online ? Can anyone advise ?

Its been less than a month I applied and i also paid 200$ fees for their visa extension. Do I get that money back ?

Reactions: serious_cheese

Canadian1316ir

Dec 3, 2019
Thank you. So you just received the medical?
My parents received medical request on January 16th and performed their medical on Feb. 5th. You can find my full status on the Google sheet. Ankara LVO asked for a furtherance medical test on Feb. 17th which we never received and the doctor never contacted us about. The embassy contacted us just last week (July 8th) to follow up on the furtherance request. My parents immediately performed the additional medical testing and we received the approval on medical July 14th.

Reactions: pegmog

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
Hey guys, I need your help. My parents got approved for permanent residency and virtual landing was down. So no request for passport. The letter says they are now permanent resident and now needs to submit the letter and photo to receive the PR card.

But on August 2nd 2020, their stay for 2 years was expiring so I applied for their extension of stay last month. So shall I withdraw the application or wait until the PR card is received ? Not too sure, and if I have to withdraw how do i do it online ? Can anyone advise ?

Its been less than a month I applied and i also paid 200$ fees for their visa extension. Do I get that money back ?
You should withdraw the application and ask for refund, write a nice letter to them explaining everything.

jaindba

Star Member
Feb 7, 2017
Hi @jaindba

my sister was saying that she read something about travelers not being allowed to stay in the transit area? So people cannot have connecting flights?

was there such a problem? Obviously there wasn't for your parents, but I thought I'd ask you
No there was no such guidelines. Only thing is you should maintain social distancing as you travelled from abroad and people may not be aware so it is your duty to stay away from others as much as you can. My parents informed immigration officer that their next flight is after 4 hours to Calgary and they will not be going out of airport but will stay and wait for their connecting flight.

Reactions: nayr69sg

K0c4nbi3t

Sep 5, 2015
If anyone file is under Singapore LVO, applications seem to have some movements lately. As I continue to hv lots of correspondence for the last few days. Chin up, everyone and hopefully we all get to reunite with our family soon. Keep safe.
A SPOUSAL application just got PPR from Singapore yesterday while ECAS still in process but will be changed to DM i guess.

naticom

Jul 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2016
Doc's Request.
27-07-2016 RCMP
AOR Received.
AOR1 26-04-2016 AOR2 14-06-2016
File Transfer...
06-06-2016
Anyone applied GCMS in the past month? Did you get the report? Has your application progressed (if processed by CPC-M)?