+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Anyone applied for OHIP after PR approval in Ontario? Please advise ? Did you have to wait 3 months ? also what are the documents. Iknow the PR approval letter (COPR) - Passport and the third is residency in ontario. What can I show for that ? They dont have anything such on their name.
You can have them sign a tenant lease agreement with you as the landlord. That agreement can be used as proof of residency.

Do remember to declare the rental as income for your taxes.

Other ways would be to transfer the utilities bill in their name. Have them take learners driver test and get a drivers licence.

Bank account with statements that have address

Do note that it does take about a month or so to get the next bill or statement. With a rental agreement you can do it right away.

rehank

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Actually on my tenancy I can only put two people since its one bedroom and if i put them then I have to pay for additional people every month.

Im trying to change the utilities bill on their name. May be if that works.
I thought our statements I mean sponsors bank of statement should work. Since they dont have any account in Canada.

PkPreeti

Apr 11, 2020
Possibly stuck at Social Assistance check
I don’t know what’s happening, I call them in October 2019 and then January 2020 agent said they sent a letter to my province and later when I call them in feb or March agent said they don’t see anything related to social assistance in my file so I don’t know what’s happening with my application
I contacted my local MP but no update amid COVID-19

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Actually on my tenancy I can only put two people since its one bedroom and if i put them then I have to pay for additional people every month.

Im trying to change the utilities bill on their name. May be if that works.
I thought our statements I mean sponsors bank of statement should work. Since they dont have any account in Canada.
Oh sorry what I meant was if you owned your home you create a tenancy agreement with your parents to rent the basement or a room.

But if you are renting then that doesnt work.

I think they need some bill or statement with their names and the Canadian address. That would work as well.

farshid55

Jul 4, 2019
According to my last contact with CIC back in February, My application deemed complete in December and I need to wait to receive the AOR. Yet, I have not received the AOR and my file is not in the system. I called them 2 weeks a go they told me we have reduced capacity now and we can not give you any kind of new information.
Any body knows anything more?

shine1429

Apr 4, 2019
Anyone applied for OHIP after PR approval in Ontario? Please advise ? Did you have to wait 3 months ? also what are the documents. Iknow the PR approval letter (COPR) - Passport and the third is residency in ontario. What can I show for that ? They dont have anything such on their name.
hey I applied for my parents OHIP after 1 month of landing. you can open a bank account on their name and the monthly mailed statement is accepted as residence proof for OHIP.

pegmog

Star Member
May 29, 2019
Hmm I found this on the canada gov website on covid

Do not leave home unless it’s to seek medical care. f Do not use public transportation (e.g. buses, taxis). f Arrange to have groceries and supplies dropped off at your door to minimize contact. f Stay in a separate room and use a separate bathroom from others in your home, if possible. f If you have to be in contact with others, practise physical distancing and keep at least 2 metres between yourself and the other person. f Avoid contact with individuals with chronic conditions, compromised immune systems and older adults.

https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/phac-aspc/documents/services/diseases-maladies/covid-19-how-to-isolate-at-home/covid-19-how-to-isolate-at-home-eng.pdf

So can people who need to go into isolation use taxis? Maybe the screen shields are not meant for people who need to isolate? Are taxis considered public or private transport? I think they are public.
We plan to book Air B and B for my parents for 2 weeks for sure... But about Taxis I am not 100% sure yet... I will let you know. But I think Taxis are ok, not Buses or Metros for sure and if you go to pick them up you have to isolate your self for 2 weeks too which I can not so I do not go to pick them up, unfortunately...
Yes, you need to provide them groceries... I will go to stores and provide groceries and leave them by the door...There is 75,000 fine for not doing these...one of our friends got the fine recently in Vancouver

pegmog

Star Member
May 29, 2019
What if one person picks them up at the airport and stays in quarantine in basement with them (offcourse in a separate room in basement) while others live upstairs without any contact with the people in basement??
I think this is ok...but still you have to self isolate too (not going to work or outside....)

Reactions: joe9kah

kkim604

Apr 27, 2010
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Korea
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
According to my last contact with CIC back in February, My application deemed complete in December and I need to wait to receive the AOR. Yet, I have not received the AOR and my file is not in the system. I called them 2 weeks a go they told me we have reduced capacity now and we can not give you any kind of new information.
Any body knows anything more?
no, seems like they are only working on files already in process before covid
any applications that they did not start before covid, are completely being ignored.
Those of us who sent the files near deadline, have zero info.

pegmog

Star Member
May 29, 2019
no, seems like they are only working on files already in process before covid
any applications that they did not start, are completely being ignored.
Those of us who sent the files near deadline, have zero info.
Can I ask when did you send your parent's file?