+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
What if one person picks them up at the airport and stays in quarantine in basement with them (offcourse in a separate room in basement) while others live upstairs without any contact with the people in basement??
Really depends on the ventilation system
Hmm I found this on the canada gov website on covid

Do not leave home unless it’s to seek medical care. f Do not use public transportation (e.g. buses, taxis). f Arrange to have groceries and supplies dropped off at your door to minimize contact. f Stay in a separate room and use a separate bathroom from others in your home, if possible. f If you have to be in contact with others, practise physical distancing and keep at least 2 metres between yourself and the other person. f Avoid contact with individuals with chronic conditions, compromised immune systems and older adults.

https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/phac-aspc/documents/services/diseases-maladies/covid-19-how-to-isolate-at-home/covid-19-how-to-isolate-at-home-eng.pdf

So can people who need to go into isolation use taxis? Maybe the screen shields are not meant for people who need to isolate? Are taxis considered public or private transport? I think they are public.
Taxis aren’t preferred but you do have to get home somehow so either a family member or a taxi/Uber needs to get you home. The instructions are to sit on the opposite end of the car as the drive. Drive with the windows open so there is good airflow. Probably the best option to protect taxi drivers is to pick up family while wearing PPE. Your level of PPE is up to you but should be at least an N95 mask. If lifting up suitcases you should have gloves. Some wear a full suit as well but changing and cleaning your clothes and showering as soon as you get home would be fine. You would then need to clean your car inside and the handles.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
We live in Alberta. My mom returned back from the States. I inquired with our provincial government a few days before her arrival and was told that household members of international travelers are not required to self isolate but monitor for symptoms. Now, I am not sure what the rule is is Ontario or any other province but I would recommend to get this information confirmed from your provincial authorities. In addition of course a traveler would have to maintain physical distance at home or wear a mask. My mom wore a mask at all times when she was leaving her room. Good luck!
You got incorrect information or maybe there was a miscommunication. Rules for quarantine are federal. Family members shouldn’t be seeing familiy members if they are in quarantine even with a mask on. The rest of the family doesn’t need to quarantine if there is no contact with the people quarantining. Families should be remaining in a separate suite like a basement with their own kitchen and bathroom. Food can be left at their door and the door can be opened once the person dropping of food leaves. There seems to be an option to stay in a separate bedroom with an en-suite but most bedrooms don’t have perfect seals and often share ventilation with adjacent rooms. If people have to come out to use a bathroom that creates extra risks of transmission and isn’t actually really quarantining.

rang_canada

Star Member
Jun 7, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
App. Filed.......
2019-04-29
File Transfer...
2019-07-08
Med's Request
2019-07-08
Med's Done....
2019-07-17
Anyone here experience with Humanitarian and Compassion office? My file has been transferred to Niagara Falls for admissibility. Any help or insights are greatly appreciated.

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks. My parents got their COPR on 12 Feb 2020.

They will be doing their landing sometime in the next 3 weeks.

How about your parents?
No update on my parent case since Started processing in March. Covid19 hit and I think it will take a while now.

Reactions: nayr69sg

Irynaken

Star Member
Jul 17, 2019
You got incorrect information or maybe there was a miscommunication. Rules for quarantine are federal. Family members shouldn’t be seeing familiy members if they are in quarantine even with a mask on. The rest of the family doesn’t need to quarantine if there is no contact with the people quarantining. Families should be remaining in a separate suite like a basement with their own kitchen and bathroom. Food can be left at their door and the door can be opened once the person dropping of food leaves. There seems to be an option to stay in a separate bedroom with an en-suite but most bedrooms don’t have perfect seals and often share ventilation with adjacent rooms. If people have to come out to use a bathroom that creates extra risks of transmission and isn’t actually really quarantining.
Thank you for your reply. I would like to agree with you and clarify that my mom did have her own basement with her own bedroom and bathroom, she also had her own dishes and utensils. You are absolutely right that rules are federal however I reached out to our provincial government for clarification and got a prompt response within 5 minutes. Bottom line is that the household members of international travelers are not required to self isolate at this time. Could you please post a link with with the following guidelines: Families should be remaining in a separate suite like a basement with their own kitchen and bathroom. Food can be left at their door and the door can be opened once the person dropping of food leaves. There seems to be an option to stay in a separate bedroom with an en-suite but most bedrooms don’t have perfect seals and often share ventilation with adjacent rooms. If people have to come out to use a bathroom that creates extra risks of transmission and isn’t actually really quarantining.?
On the other note, Inter provincial travelling has various restrictions and variation in terms of self isolation etc.
Everyone's health including your family members, co-workers and yourself should be of the utmost importance so self-isolation should be treated very carefully and it should be everybody's responsibility to protect each other.

jaindba

Star Member
Feb 7, 2017
Thanks!

So they didn't ask your parents to submit the BC self isolation Plan form?

What about Alberta?

Did they ask in detail about what the isolation plan in Calgary was going to be?
No there was only one form to be filled and submitted, nothing specific for BC or Alberta
Arrival in Calgary was like local arrival no check, no questions, no forms, they just landed at airport and came out directly as we do normally for local travel.

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
No there was only one form to be filled and submitted, nothing specific for BC or Alberta
Arrival in Calgary was like local arrival no check, no questions, no forms, they just landed at airport and came out directly as we do normally for local travel.
Hi @jaindba

my sister was saying that she read something about travelers not being allowed to stay in the transit area? So people cannot have connecting flights?

was there such a problem? Obviously there wasn't for your parents, but I thought I'd ask you

naticom

Jul 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2016
Doc's Request.
27-07-2016 RCMP
AOR Received.
AOR1 26-04-2016 AOR2 14-06-2016
File Transfer...
06-06-2016

rehank

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Anyone applied for OHIP after PR approval in Ontario? Please advise ? Did you have to wait 3 months ? also what are the documents. Iknow the PR approval letter (COPR) - Passport and the third is residency in ontario. What can I show for that ? They dont have anything such on their name.