+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

bamboo3210

Oct 31, 2019
If anyone file is under Singapore LVO, applications seem to have some movements lately. As I continue to hv lots of correspondence for the last few days. Chin up, everyone and hopefully we all get to reunite with our family soon. Keep safe.
Can you share a bit more details of what you kind of correspondence you received recently? I am waiting for PPR and it has been not moving for a few months. Thanks!

jaindba

Star Member
Feb 7, 2017
Hi @jaindba , congratulations!

Can I ask how it went for your parents in terms of the ARRIVE CAN app and the Self Isolation Plan form?

Did your parents have to complete one for BC when they arrived at Vancouver and then another one for Alberta when they arrived in Calgary? The BC one is submitted online? While the Alberta one is a print out form?

Did the immigration people in Vancouver ask about their self isolation plan? Were they asked this at Calgary?

My parents are doing their landing sometime in the next 2 weeks. Same route. They will land in Vancouver and final destination Calgary.

Thanks
They did not install the ArriveCan app, they got paper form in plane and filled that up. Submitted at immigration and replied to their questions about final destination which was Calgary, Plan to isolate in Calgary, how much cash or Gold etc carrying. All went smooth

They stayed with in airport as next flight to Calgary was after 4 hours so they were asked to isolate at final destination.

Here in Calgary we have booked a hotel room for them and they are isolating in Hotel room.

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
They did not install the ArriveCan app, they got paper form in plane and filled that up. Submitted at immigration and replied to their questions about final destination which was Calgary, Plan to isolate in Calgary, how much cash or Gold etc carrying. All went smooth

They stayed with in airport as next flight to Calgary was after 4 hours so they were asked to isolate at final destination.

Here in Calgary we have booked a hotel room for them and they are isolating in Hotel room.
Thanks!

So they didn't ask your parents to submit the BC self isolation Plan form?

What about Alberta?

Did they ask in detail about what the isolation plan in Calgary was going to be?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks!

So they didn't ask your parents to submit the BC self isolation Plan form?

What about Alberta?

Did they ask in detail about what the isolation plan in Calgary was going to be?
They can quarantine in Alberta as long as they can provide a plan. If they can’t they get stuck quarantining in BC.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I guess so.
I don't have a walk out basement, but I do have a completely separate entrance (which is isolated from upstairs). When I write a quarantine plan on a paper, do I mention "basement" with the address just so if anyone raids the house, they know to raid the basement ?
Yes because in some provinces the police come to check that you are at home. No raids just a knock at the door. People receive phone calls usually.

Irynaken

Star Member
Jul 17, 2019
This is exactly my situation. My owners live upstairs ( I have separate entrance to basement, completely isolated from people living upstairs) and I rent a basement. I and my parents will definitely quarantine and I will provide them with separate room but my owners living upstairs, they wont quarantine.
We live in Alberta. My mom returned back from the States. I inquired with our provincial government a few days before her arrival and was told that household members of international travelers are not required to self isolate but monitor for symptoms. Now, I am not sure what the rule is is Ontario or any other province but I would recommend to get this information confirmed from your provincial authorities. In addition of course a traveler would have to maintain physical distance at home or wear a mask. My mom wore a mask at all times when she was leaving her room. Good luck!

Reactions: nayr69sg

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
We live in Alberta. My mom returned back from the States. I inquired with our provincial government a few days before her arrival and was told that household members of international travelers are not required to self isolate but monitor for symptoms. Now, I am not sure what the rule is is Ontario or any other province but I would recommend to get this information confirmed from your provincial authorities. In addition of course a traveler would have to maintain physical distance at home or wear a mask. My mom wore a mask at all times when she was leaving her room. Good luck!
Thank you. That information helps. :)

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
They have to take taxis, nobody can pick them up.
Taxis have a shield between the passengers and taxi drivers and mask.
Hmm I found this on the canada gov website on covid

Do not leave home unless it’s to seek medical care. f Do not use public transportation (e.g. buses, taxis). f Arrange to have groceries and supplies dropped off at your door to minimize contact. f Stay in a separate room and use a separate bathroom from others in your home, if possible. f If you have to be in contact with others, practise physical distancing and keep at least 2 metres between yourself and the other person. f Avoid contact with individuals with chronic conditions, compromised immune systems and older adults.

https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/phac-aspc/documents/services/diseases-maladies/covid-19-how-to-isolate-at-home/covid-19-how-to-isolate-at-home-eng.pdf

So can people who need to go into isolation use taxis? Maybe the screen shields are not meant for people who need to isolate? Are taxis considered public or private transport? I think they are public.

Julfox

Star Member
Dec 21, 2018
Can you share a bit more details of what you kind of correspondence you received recently? I am waiting for PPR and it has been not moving for a few months. Thanks!
Recently, I hv received medical, PCC, biometric requests. At the same time, pre-arrival letter. My application was received since May 8th, DM status under sponsorship Oct 3, 2019 & PR application status in process on Nov 19,2019. Nothing was heard until last week my file started to move on.

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hmm I found this on the canada gov website on covid

Do not leave home unless it’s to seek medical care. f Do not use public transportation (e.g. buses, taxis). f Arrange to have groceries and supplies dropped off at your door to minimize contact. f Stay in a separate room and use a separate bathroom from others in your home, if possible. f If you have to be in contact with others, practise physical distancing and keep at least 2 metres between yourself and the other person. f Avoid contact with individuals with chronic conditions, compromised immune systems and older adults.

https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/phac-aspc/documents/services/diseases-maladies/covid-19-how-to-isolate-at-home/covid-19-how-to-isolate-at-home-eng.pdf

So can people who need to go into isolation use taxis? Maybe the screen shields are not meant for people who need to isolate? Are taxis considered public or private transport? I think they are public.
when is your dad coming? already done? wow congrats!

pegmog

Star Member
May 29, 2019
I see. Ok I guess that makes it easier.

I was thinking of leaving a car at the airport for my dad to drive back home himself. But he might be too tired to drive after the long flights.
yes true. I also afraid of planes now as they are coming full capacity...