+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I know this is ideal. But is it really a requirement that the entire household has to be quarantined together for 14 days?

What if the parents stay in the basement and do not come upstairs? Physical distancing. Is that acceptable?
it would work like that if....you don't pick them up at the airport, don't sit with them in the same car, no hugs...:) Don't think it is possible.

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
it would work like that if....you don't pick them up at the airport, don't sit with them in the same car, no hugs...:) Don't think it is possible.
is it possible?

We drive two cars there. One car with 2 weeks groceries and supplies. We leave the car at the arrival. They drive that car home while I sit with my wife in the other car home. Parents enter house through the back door in walkout basement.

Would that work?

• Haha
Reactions: nguyentu2001

ZOYAMAN13

Apr 11, 2017
@robertp @YULIA-2016 Help to update Line#129 (Jaindba) : My parents landed successfully on 13 July 2020, immigration was done at Vancouver and final destination was Calgary. Also help to update column , I was never asked for any additional documents except additional medical tests for my mother due to her Heart Condition.

Hey i thought only people who got copr stamped before march 18 can land?

Did i get it wrong?
My parents got thier visa stamped and copr on july 3rd. Can i book thier flights for August?

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
is it possible?

We drive two cars there. One car with 2 weeks groceries and supplies. We leave the car at the arrival. They drive that car home while I sit with my wife in the other car home. Parents enter house through the back door in walkout basement.

Would that work?
sure can. haha

Reactions: nayr69sg

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
They have to take taxis, nobody can pick them up.
Taxis have a shield between the passengers and taxi drivers and mask.
I see. Ok I guess that makes it easier.

I was thinking of leaving a car at the airport for my dad to drive back home himself. But he might be too tired to drive after the long flights.

Reactions: pegmog

joe9kah

Dec 20, 2015
What if one person picks them up at the airport and stays in quarantine in basement with them (offcourse in a separate room in basement) while others live upstairs without any contact with the people in basement??

Reactions: pegmog and nayr69sg

joe9kah

Dec 20, 2015
My house has a walkout basement. My plan is to have my parents live in the basement for 14 days. But we live upstairs on the main and upper floors.

Do we need to quarantine as well? That would be tough. I find the rules given very vague on this.

How to isolate
If you are in mandatory isolation:

• Stay home – do not leave your home or attend work, school, social events or any other public gatherings.
  • Avoid close contact with people in your household, especially seniors and people with chronic conditions or compromised immune systems.
  • You are prohibited from taking public transportation like buses, taxis or ride-sharing.
  • Do not go outside for a walk through your neighbourhood or park. This includes children in mandatory isolation.
  • You can get fresh air in your backyard, if you have one, but you must remain on private property not accessible by others.
  • If you live in an apartment building or highrise, you must stay inside and cannot use the elevators or stairwells to go outside. If your balcony is private and at least 2 metres away from your closest neighbour's, you may go outside on the balcony.
Does it matter if it is a walkout basement or regular basement?

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Does it matter if it is a walkout basement or regular basement?
A walkout basement just has the extra option of entering and exiting the basement from the outside without entering from the main door. If they order food through skip the dishes the delivery person can leave it at the backdoor and they can pick it up. They can also go out to the backyard for fresh air without having to go upstairs and through the main door.

niel_ca

Star Member
Dec 22, 2016
Hello,

Does anyone know who to contact or what the process is if the parents are unable to fly within their PR Visa and COPR date? The last date for my parents PR Visa is till Aug 28th and their flight is scheduled on 18th. I am worried that the flight might cancel.

Thank you in advance.

joe9kah

Dec 20, 2015
A walkout basement just has the extra option of entering and exiting the basement from the outside without entering from the main door. If they order food through skip the dishes the delivery person can leave it at the backdoor and they can pick it up. They can also go out to the backyard for fresh air without having to go upstairs and through the main door.
I don't have a walk out basement, but I do have a completely separate entrance (which is isolated from upstairs). When I write a quarantine plan on a paper, do I mention "basement" with the address just so if anyone raids the house, they know to raid the basement ?

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
I don't have a walk out basement, but I do have a completely separate entrance (which is isolated from upstairs). When I write a quarantine plan on a paper, do I mention "basement" with the address just so if anyone raids the house, they know to raid the basement ?
I guess so.