+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

pegmog

Star Member
May 29, 2019
I am excatly in the same boat. My parents did their biometric first week of Feb and no update after that. Their case is in Ankara office so I am not even if they have opened yet...
:( Exactly my parents case is in Ankara office too... I hope they start processing :(((

pegmog

Star Member
May 29, 2019
Ankara is open but prioritizing process of specific applications and PGP is not one of them. I emailed them last week to add a doc to my file and that was the response i received.
plus, i have a friend in CIC and she was saying background checks are very slow as it is done through a 3rd party agency. This also impacts immigration applications.
Thank you for the information... I hope after a while they don't say that these PGP applications are all canceled/ suspended because much time passed :(

hinavin

Dec 2, 2010
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, Ontario Canada
Same question :/
Delhi NDVO is only partially working - for only high priority / emergency cases. They have not described what constitutes priority. Other Visa offices, such as Chandigarh etc, in India are still closed.

neochanges1

Aug 27, 2013
Visa Office......
Manila
Hello, my father-in-law was requested for biometrics for his PR application which we did almost immediately end of January 2020. We made sure we brought CIC's letter as per instruction and they took his biometrics so everything was fine. The problem is, he has a pending Supervisa extension application and I think this is where his biometrics for PR got uploaded. How do we go about checking this? Should we just call CIC and ask? Has anyone come across this problem before?

Edit: I'm looking at his Biometrics request letter from his PR application and the UCI number tied to it has his SuperVisa application UCI and not the PR application UCI although the Application number was right. The letter that he got though on his Supervisa application account just now though has the Supervisa UCI and Application number claiming that his biometrics is valid for any TR application 10 years from May 2020.

Please help.

Last edited:

wxhzk

Star Member
Aug 13, 2015
I think it can happen if you are submitting the form on behalf of your principal applicant. The applicant would be your parent and you are the sponsor. It happened once with me when I was inquiring about my parent's sponsorship application. I sent them clarification that I am the sponsor/representative and gave the details of PA. They then confirmed it to be correct. They are not responding these days, so good to hear that you atleast have reached their radar. Best
Yes. I contacted IRCC by web form twice. The first time was in Feb 2020, to infom CIC that my baby's birth. Because I'm the sponsor, so I contacted CIC under the sponsor's UCI. The second time was in this month. My parents moved to Canada to visit me on visitor visa, so I informed CIC about my parents' address change. They responded pretty quickly, usually within 2-3 days.

wxhzk

Star Member
Aug 13, 2015
Hi Everyone, I hope someone can help me with a question. My mom(dependent)'s passport expires and have not apply for a new passport as yet since the pandemic lockdown in my country. my mom is planning to renew her passport next month. my question is do i need to submit the new passport info via webform as i cant seem to link my or my dad application, or should i wait until they ask for the new passport for stamping then? hopefully someonw might be able to answer. thanks
Hi Everyone, this question reminds me that my wife's passport is also expired. She hasn't applied for a new one due to covid-19. She's the co-signer. Do I also need to inform CIC about the passport's issue? Or the co-signer's passport doesn't matter?

Tangguoer

Star Member
Jun 10, 2020
Hi Everyone, this question reminds me that my wife's passport is also expired. She hasn't applied for a new one due to covid-19. She's the co-signer. Do I also need to inform CIC about the passport's issue? Or the co-signer's passport doesn't matter?
It’s doesn’t matter

Reactions: wxhzk

Tangguoer

Star Member
Jun 10, 2020
Hello, my father-in-law was requested for biometrics for his PR application which we did almost immediately end of January 2020. We made sure we brought CIC's letter as per instruction and they took his biometrics so everything was fine. The problem is, he has a pending Supervisa extension application and I think this is where his biometrics for PR got uploaded. How do we go about checking this? Should we just call CIC and ask? Has anyone come across this problem before?

Edit: I'm looking at his Biometrics request letter from his PR application and the UCI number tied to it has his SuperVisa application UCI and not the PR application UCI although the Application number was right. The letter that he got though on his Supervisa application account just now though has the Supervisa UCI and Application number claiming that his biometrics is valid for any TR application 10 years from May 2020.

Please help.
Usually, one person only has one uci number

Julfox

Star Member
Dec 21, 2018
If anyone file is under Singapore LVO, applications seem to have some movements lately. As I continue to hv lots of correspondence for the last few days. Chin up, everyone and hopefully we all get to reunite with our family soon. Keep safe.

Reactions: bamboo3210

Hamied

Feb 20, 2016
Hi Everyone! Need your experience with GCMS notes! In my last notes I see that criminality for my parents in progress. So they are open my file? But I didn't receive even AOR yet. Ecas status not available. What does it mean? And I also didn't find a note about about my newborn.
Hi, some applicants haven't received their AORs. AoR acknowledges that your file is under process, so it is good that your file is under process as they are processing it although you didn't receive the AOR.

vg2010

Jun 6, 2019
Hi! I received my AOR in October, documents were requested in February and submitted by mid-March and haven't heard anything since. Is IRCC processing sponsorships right now?

Reactions: pegmog

RAY2112

Jul 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys, what's the fastest way to get proof of residence in Ontario?

I'm trying to get OHIP health card for my parents and OHIP is asking for proof of residence. We can open a bank account but probably have to wait for a week or 2 for bank letters to arrive.

Anyone knows any faster alternative?

Thanks!
Your House Lease Contract