+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
@robertp @YULIA-2016 Help to update Line#129 (Jaindba) : My parents landed successfully on 13 July 2020, immigration was done at Vancouver and final destination was Calgary. Also help to update column , I was never asked for any additional documents except additional medical tests for my mother due to her Heart Condition.
Hi @jaindba , congratulations!

Can I ask how it went for your parents in terms of the ARRIVE CAN app and the Self Isolation Plan form?

Did your parents have to complete one for BC when they arrived at Vancouver and then another one for Alberta when they arrived in Calgary? The BC one is submitted online? While the Alberta one is a print out form?

Did the immigration people in Vancouver ask about their self isolation plan? Were they asked this at Calgary?

My parents are doing their landing sometime in the next 2 weeks. Same route. They will land in Vancouver and final destination Calgary.

Thanks

Smileforu

Jan 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
April 2010
File Transfer...
April 2010 ! March 2012 6-12 months wait letter
I did Biometrics in March and shows Biometric number but MYCIC account application status, it says we have not received your Biometrics. I am bit confused, when it shows Biometric number on MYCIC account. Anyone with similar experience ?

joe9kah

Dec 20, 2015
1-Everyone in Canada (including visitors) is covered for Covid. So from the day they land, they will be covered.
2- Three months waiting period for OHIP has been waived off. The day you submit application at Service Ontario, OHIP coverage will start. When they land here, they will already have their passports and COPRs. They will need a third document as address proof. The easiest is mailed bank statement which takes approximately one month. So yes, you will need insurance coverage for approximately 45 days. Compare quotes with Destination Canada also.
thanks a lot , I didnt knew that OHIP coverage will start as soon as they land.

To get the mailed bank statement, they ll have to go to a bank to open the bank account, correct? (maybe I can do this online if any bank allows)

I am ready to buy insurance, I dont mind. As long as the insurance wont refuse if they need to be treated (this is the only thing I am worried about)

joe9kah

Dec 20, 2015
Hello everyone,

My parents are planning to travel in few weeks to Toronto Pearson airport with their COPRs. Can anyone tell me if they need to install any app on their phones before they land at the Pearson airport OR fill out any forms in particular? If anyone can share their recent landing experience, it ll be great.

I have heard about having a credible "Quarantine Plan" for 14 days on IRCC website and their twitter handle. Is this something we need to write on a paper and present it to the immigration officer?

Thanks.

Zaamil

Star Member
Nov 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan-2012
File Transfer...
Mar-2012
Med's Request
+RePCC+ReForms Aug-2013
Med's Done....
Aug-2013 RePCC+ReForms submit Oct 2013
Passport Req..
PPR 1 13th Jun 2014 and PPR 2 25 Jun 2014
VISA ISSUED...
You Wish!
LANDED..........
La La Land!
Hello everyone,

My parents are planning to travel in few weeks to Toronto Pearson airport with their COPRs. Can anyone tell me if they need to install any app on their phones before they land at the Pearson airport OR fill out any forms in particular? If anyone can share their recent landing experience, it ll be great.

I have heard about having a credible "Quarantine Plan" for 14 days on IRCC website and their twitter handle. Is this something we need to write on a paper and present it to the immigration officer?

Thanks.
Ok let me type in everything i know and did in relation to their travel. They recently arrived on their Visit Visa from the US.

1) Documents to prove that they are my parents. Birth Certificate or any other relevant document should do
2) Documents to prove my Citizenship/PR. Passport or PR card should do
3) Have my dad install ArriveCAN app on his phone and enter the travel/quarantine questionnaire 3 days prior to the travel. They were suppose to receive a token at the airport when they land in Canada. The token is required to submit the information. I believe if you don't do this, they make you fill an isolation/quarantine questionnaire at the airport itself. Since my dad and mom aren't too technical enough to be able to connect to airport wifi , I made them have a print out ready (with big fonts :) ) saying "Quarantine related information has been entered in the ArriveCan app. Please provide technical assistance with connecting the phone to airport wifi, entering the token and submitting the information. For any further questions related to quarantine, feel free to call <myself> (son) at 647xxxxxx"

Now according to my dad, nobody gave them the token or anything, neither did they ask them to fill the quarantine form. Maybe they just got lucky or I am not sure how can this requirement be inconsistent as its clearly mentioned both on Pearson and CIC website. But I would still suggest to do you part the best you can.

4) Quarantine requirements/information:
a) The travelers must head straight home from the airport without stopping anywhere on the way and must have their masks on all the way through their travel until they reach home in Canada.
b) The travelers and everyone who lives at the address where the travelers would be residing must quarantine for 14 days and not step out of the house neither can anyone come to your house.
c) The travelers should have their independent room in the house with ensuite/attach washroom
d) Must have all the necessary medication for at least 14 days
e) Must be monitored frequently for any symptoms.
f) If the travelers are not wearing a mask inside the house, they must maintain 6 feet distance with everyone else in the house
g) House windows must be kept open for 14 days
h) Any call from 855 is usually from government to check or update on the quarantine status so make sure not to miss those calls.

Now I understand some of these requirements are very strict but I know in some cases their have been raids at the house to check upon whether the quarantine is being followed or not. Try the best you can to follow these and leave the rest to luck :) Thankfully we didn't face a raid however I did receive a call from 855 and they wanted to speak with my dad but he was sleeping so they said they will call later but thankfully they never called after.

Reactions: Irynaken

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Ok let me type in everything i know and did in relation to their travel. They recently arrived on their Visit Visa from the US.

1) Documents to prove that they are my parents. Birth Certificate or any other relevant document should do
3) Have my dad install ArriveCAN app on his phone and enter the travel/quarantine questionnaire 3 days prior to the travel. They were suppose to receive a token at the airport when they land in Canada. The token is required to submit the information. I believe if you don't do this, they make you fill an isolation/quarantine questionnaire at the airport itself. Since my dad and mom aren't too technical enough to be able to connect to airport wifi , I made them have a print out ready (with big fonts :) ) saying "Quarantine related information has been entered in the ArriveCan app. Please provide technical assistance with connecting the phone to airport wifi, entering the token and submitting the information. For any further questions related to quarantine, feel free to call <myself> (son) at 647xxxxxx"

Now according to my dad, nobody gave them the token or anything, neither did they ask them to fill the quarantine form. Maybe they just got lucky or I am not sure how can this requirement be inconsistent as its clearly mentioned both on Pearson and CIC website. But I would still suggest to do you part the best you can.

a) The travelers must head straight home from the airport without stopping anywhere on the way and must have their masks on all the way through their travel until they reach home in Canada.
b) The travelers and everyone who lives at the address where the travelers would be residing must quarantine for 14 days and not step out of the house neither can anyone come to your house.
c) The travelers should have their independent room in the house with ensuite/attach washroom
f) If the travelers are not wearing a mask inside the house, they must maintain 6 feet distance with everyone else in the house
h) Any call from 855 is usually from government to check or update on the quarantine status so make sure not to miss those calls.

Now I understand some of these requirements are very strict but I know in some cases their have been raids at the house to check upon whether the quarantine is being followed or not. Try the best you can to follow these and leave the rest to luck :) Thankfully we didn't face a raid however I did receive a call from 855 and they wanted to speak with my dad but he was sleeping so they said they will call later but thankfully they never called after.
I know this is ideal. But is it really a requirement that the entire household has to be quarantined together for 14 days?

What if the parents stay in the basement and do not come upstairs? Physical distancing. Is that acceptable?

Reactions: joe9kah

joe9kah

Dec 20, 2015

Does this "Quarantine Plan" need to be written on a paper? My parents dont speak much English and wont be able to use ArriveCAN app as well.

Reactions: pegmog

joe9kah

Dec 20, 2015
I know this is ideal. But is it really a requirement that the entire household has to be quarantined together for 14 days?

What if the parents stay in the basement and do not come upstairs? Physical distancing. Is that acceptable?
This is exactly my situation. My owners live upstairs ( I have separate entrance to basement, completely isolated from people living upstairs) and I rent a basement. I and my parents will definitely quarantine and I will provide them with separate room but my owners living upstairs, they wont quarantine.

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
This is exactly my situation. My owners live upstairs ( I have separate entrance to basement, completely isolated from people living upstairs) and I rent a basement. I and my parents will definitely quarantine and I will provide them with separate room but my owners living upstairs, they wont quarantine.
My house has a walkout basement. My plan is to have my parents live in the basement for 14 days. But we live upstairs on the main and upper floors.

Do we need to quarantine as well? That would be tough. I find the rules given very vague on this.

How to isolate
If you are in mandatory isolation:

• Stay home – do not leave your home or attend work, school, social events or any other public gatherings.
  • Avoid close contact with people in your household, especially seniors and people with chronic conditions or compromised immune systems.
  • You are prohibited from taking public transportation like buses, taxis or ride-sharing.
  • Do not go outside for a walk through your neighbourhood or park. This includes children in mandatory isolation.
  • You can get fresh air in your backyard, if you have one, but you must remain on private property not accessible by others.
  • If you live in an apartment building or highrise, you must stay inside and cannot use the elevators or stairwells to go outside. If your balcony is private and at least 2 metres away from your closest neighbour's, you may go outside on the balcony.

PBB2020

Feb 27, 2020
Quick question : are parents who are here as sponsored PR, eligible to apply for GST/HST credit? My understanding is that they are eligible as it doesn't count as social welfare?

abcxyz

Star Member
Jan 2, 2009
@robertp @YULIA-2016 Help to update Line#129 (Jaindba) : My parents landed successfully on 13 July 2020, immigration was done at Vancouver and final destination was Calgary. Also help to update column , I was never asked for any additional documents except additional medical tests for my mother due to her Heart Condition.
Congrats!!! It is so good to hear and provides hope to all of us waiting, enjoy the time with your parents and please continue to wish us good luck!!

Reactions: jaindba