+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

acalinao

Star Member
Sep 19, 2019
I am going to interject myself into this thread. First of all, I thank you for your insight into healthcare specifically on TB. My dad had TB and I too was anxious to find out whether he'd be allowed into Canada. But, after reading more on it from Health Canada and other government agencies including CIC, I was quite relief to find out that testing positive with TB won't prevent him from immigration to Canada. Anyhow, I read the original thread with your reply. While it is true that you did not explicitly mentioned people with active TB are being allowed into Canada, it was hard to read what you really meant without the added explanation you made above. That leads to people reading your reply, perhaps out of context, but from the context of the whole conversation- not just from what you did or did not mention. Phrases like "learn to read" certainly do not help. We are lucky to have people from all walks of lives trying to help each other out. Thanks again for your help in this forum.
Thanks for your insight. You are right, those kind of comments aren't helpful. However given that, it is frustrating for people who do not work in healthcare, nor do they have experience in this specific area to so quickly write off a response from someone who has training in the topic. If anything read unclear they should ask for clarification. They did, I tried to re-explain, only to get a snarky response with bolded letters saying they have never heard of it. This particular individual has previously been noted to be untrustworthy, trying to solicit money through private messages to people on this forum.

luvanuj

Jul 14, 2011
Toronto
@YULIA-2016
Please update on PGP 2019 tracker:
Username: luvanuj
Sponsorship DM: April 9, 2020
File moved to: CPC-Mississauga
Request for following documents came along with Sponsorship DM: Passport, Biometrics, PCC, IMM 5562, IMM 5546, Resume

Reactions: serious_cheese

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Again, this is untrue. We saw several visitors in the clinic and did not ask for any insurance. All of the medication and any related bloodwork was provided onsite. We would monitor the medication on each visit. For people requiring inpatient treatment, the hospital liaised with the clinics. Rounds were held between health authorities on a monthly basis.
They had likely filled out paperwork indicating they didn’t have insurance first. The Canadian healthcare system isn’t trying to treat any FN for anything without repayment especially for an extended period of time. There are always discussions of asking people to go home to get treatment or whether they have health insurance. Most do not and do not want to return home especially if they know they can get treatment for free. They could infect so many more people in Canada if Canada tried to remove them for being a danger to others for medical reasons. The removal process is very slow, with options to appeal and it is expensive. The calculation to pay for the treatment, in some provinces, is cheaper but there will be attempts to bill their insurance if they have any. Would also point out that the free treatment isn’t in every province.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am going to interject myself into this thread. First of all, I thank you for your insight into healthcare specifically on TB. My dad had TB and I too was anxious to find out whether he'd be allowed into Canada. But, after reading more on it from Health Canada and other government agencies including CIC, I was quite relief to find out that testing positive with TB won't prevent him from immigration to Canada. Anyhow, I read the original thread with your reply. While it is true that you did not explicitly mentioned people with active TB are being allowed into Canada, it was hard to read what you really meant without the added explanation you made above. That leads to people reading your reply, perhaps out of context, but from the context of the whole conversation- not just from what you did or did not mention. Phrases like "learn to read" certainly do not help. We are lucky to have people from all walks of lives trying to help each other out. Thanks again for your help in this forum.
Would add that it is the same for all communicable diseases. Things like Hep B are also screened for and if positive you will be asked to seek treatment. Your application will be placed on hold until you complete treatment.

Hamied

Feb 20, 2016
Need some advise as i am also thinking of applying for extension for my parents on Super Visa. When applying online i think they ask for the copy of the "passport page where officer stamped on entry to Canada". Basically, online documentation for extension of visa says they can only stay in Canada until the stamp date on entry. My parents don't have any stamp date on entry and officer basically verbally told them they can stay for 2 years. So i am not sure how to prove they could legally stay for 2 years here. Or do i need to prove that or say anything about it in extension application?
@Hamied Does your Mom have a stamp date on passport or not? If not are you submitting any other documentation to prove that she could leagally stay for 2 years?

@robertp @canuck78 Can you guys recommend something in my situation?
Hi, my mom's passport was stamped on arrival, so I'm including that page. If you don't have one, state in a cover letter what date you arrived. As supporting evidence, you can provide insurance documents if you have them. Or, if there is an exit stamp from the home country, include that page of the passport. If you still have boarding cards, you could use them. I think they would have the record anyways, as data is collected electronically.

acalinao

Star Member
Sep 19, 2019
They had likely filled out paperwork indicating they didn’t have insurance first. The Canadian healthcare system isn’t trying to treat any FN for anything without repayment especially for an extended period of time. There are always discussions of asking people to go home to get treatment or whether they have health insurance. Most do not and do not want to return home especially if they know they can get treatment for free. They could infect so many more people in Canada if Canada tried to remove them for being a danger to others for medical reasons. The removal process is very slow, with options to appeal and it is expensive. The calculation to pay for the treatment, in some provinces, is cheaper but there will be attempts to bill their insurance if they have any. Would also point out that the free treatment isn’t in every province.
Ok you’re right. I guess you’ve worked in a TB clinic before.

Laplaguita

Star Member
Feb 20, 2019
Will I be ineligible as sponsor if I apply for CERB?
That depends on when you are applying? Have you applied on 2019? In my opinion they are only taking into account up to 2019 tax returns.
If you are applying in the future, depends on how long you are on CERB and your total income on line 150. IRCC doesn’t consider EI as part of your income, probably for CERB will be the same.

Reactions: robertp

amusingfirefly

Star Member
Sep 14, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
09-04-2016
Passport Req..
04-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-10-2016
LANDED..........
24-11-2016
Hi all,
Hope everyone is keeping safe in this time of craziness of COVID-19.
Just curious, are we seeing applications still being processed in this time? I am waiting for a response after submitting all documents etc. The next step is DM for PR and I haven't seen any dates in April/Late May in the spreadsheet so far.

PBB2020

Feb 27, 2020
Hi, my mom's passport was stamped on arrival, so I'm including that page. If you don't have one, state in a cover letter what date you arrived. As supporting evidence, you can provide insurance documents if you have them. Or, if there is an exit stamp from the home country, include that page of the passport. If you still have boarding cards, you could use them. I think they would have the record anyways, as data is collected electronically.
Thanks a lot for your reply. So what happened was my parents had requested the officer to stamp their passports and the officer basically just replied "its understood that supervisa stay is for 2 years". I guess i will include a letter of explanation explaining my situation with all the documents.
@Hamied And do you have an idea how much funds are sufficient(in bank statement) as proof when applying for extension?

Hamied

Feb 20, 2016
Thanks a lot for your reply. So what happened was my parents had requested the officer to stamp their passports and the officer basically just replied "its understood that supervisa stay is for 2 years". I guess i will include a letter of explanation explaining my situation with all the documents.
@Hamied And do you have an idea how much funds are sufficient(in bank statement) as proof when applying for extension?
@PBB2020 I am not sure about the funds, but I feel around $6k-$7k should be okay. I am also getting next year insurance upfront to be included in the application. I am not sure why some of the people have been asked for upfront medical. Any idea on that

rax7187

Aug 21, 2014
@YULIA-2016 @robertp

Line Number 447 in tracker | Username: rax7187#1

Submitted following documents proactively to NDVO via Email as I haven't heard back them for my parents application which was reached on 28th May 2019. Only update from them I received back in January 10, 2020 that we started processing your application. For Medical Result update I have to request CPC-M to update IME status on IRCC as well as on eCAS.

- Police Clearance Certificate
- Country Specific Document (Aadhar Card, Voter ID, School Leaving Certificate)
- Travel Document - Passport - All Pages
- Supplementary Travel Information - IMM5562E
- CV/Resume

Still waiting for passport request for my in laws application which was in Decision Made State since 4rd March 2020 (Line Number 442 in tracker | Username: rax7187#2)

Reactions: robertp