+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

geol

Dec 18, 2014
I am in the same boat. My parents landing VISA expires in September and i dont think they can land due to COVID. Their passports are expiring in Feb so even extension on the passport will not be possible. Let me know what should i do apply for new passport and they extension?
Yes of course you should apply for renewal and wait & watch till July. If you feel travel is not possible even in September then you can ask for extension. Anyway passport renewal is important. Even if travel happen by September, you have to apply for renewal in Canada which is even more expensive.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am in the same boat. My parents landing VISA expires in September and i dont think they can land due to COVID. Their passports are expiring in Feb so even extension on the passport will not be possible. Let me know what should i do apply for new passport and they extension?
September is so far from now. You need to wait and see what the situation is closer to September before asking for an extension.

Rhill

Star Member
Feb 17, 2020
Hii. Is there anyone here who's supposed to do a medical or additional medical at St Lukes Med clinic in Manila? My dad wasn't able to go this April 8th due to lockdown? What's my next move? Whom to contact about this situation? Thanks in advance to those who will answer.
I believe everything has extended to 90 days, not 30. Hopefully would be possible to reschedule to a letter date

Rhill

Star Member
Feb 17, 2020
Good Morning guys,

just curious to know if CIC mississauga are working on applications now or they are now on hold due to covid??
They are. Since my parents did medical on Nov 8th and still my CIC shows the status “ we have requested a medical exam....” I sent a webform asking to review the file and provide an update. The response arrived in 4 days stating they cannot provide the info cause cannot locate Use a representative form in the file.

montu5742

Star Member
May 12, 2014
Anyone else whose file stuck in process for 5 months now !! Mine is stuck since Oct 15. They have BC and AB social check on file now but still no progress. Also is it normal that my eligiblity is still in process where as some people getting their eligibility passed before back ground check . I have asked my MP to do follow up as well but its all coming same everytime. @robertp @YULIA-2016
Hi.
Did you get anything yet ?
My file is in process since Jan 20 , 2020 for sponsor eligibility

husainsd

Star Member
Jan 18, 2017
Yes of course you should apply for renewal and wait & watch till July. If you feel travel is not possible even in September then you can ask for extension. Anyway passport renewal is important. Even if travel happen by September, you have to apply for renewal in Canada which is even more expensive.
Can my parents travel with the new passport with the landing VISA in the old passport along with them? If they are able to travel before September? I could nt find any reference on CIC website mentioning this ?

Rhill

Star Member
Feb 17, 2020
Can my parents travel with the new passport with the landing VISA in the old passport along with them? If they are able to travel before September? I could nt find any reference on CIC website mentioning this ?
Yes, they can, make sure they have COPR and expired passport with visa with them

husainsd

Star Member
Jan 18, 2017
Yes, they can, make sure they have COPR and expired passport with visa with them
Thanks is this mention somewhere on CIC website just because the airline many times are not aware of such policies and they create nuisance. If we can have this in writing somewhere we can show them

iliveinbanff

Star Member
May 3, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
25-04-2019
AOR Received.
15-11-2019
Med's Request
19-12-2019
Hii. Is there anyone here who's supposed to do a medical or additional medical at St Lukes Med clinic in Manila? My dad wasn't able to go this April 8th due to lockdown? What's my next move? Whom to contact about this situation? Thanks in advance to those who will answer.
Hi. You can email them capanel@slec.ph and let them know your situation. Hope that helps.

geol

Dec 18, 2014
Visas never get cancelled with cancellation of passport. You can always travel with new passport and use your visa in old passport.

curious205

Mar 20, 2018
Thanks is this mention somewhere on CIC website just because the airline many times are not aware of such policies and they create nuisance. If we can have this in writing somewhere we can show them
Make sure that your parents got COPR on or before 18 March 2020 because only those who got PR approval in that period are exempt and can travel to Canada. I would print out the link and ENF 4 - Port of entry examinations manual - below and show it to airline if they ask. Section 13.18 (page 73) says "If a valid visa inside an expired document is presented at the POE (port of entry) along with a valid passport or travel document, the visa is considered valid". Second link is the info for travel exemption.

Port of Entry Examinations - 2019
https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/resources/manuals/enf/enf04-eng.pdf

Travel Exemption to approved PR applicants (up to 18 March 2020)
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html#approved-before

Reactions: mostafa2008

husainsd

Star Member
Jan 18, 2017
Make sure that your parents got COPR on or before 18 March 2020 because only those who got PR approval in that period are exempt and can travel to Canada. I would print out the link and ENF 4 - Port of entry examinations manual - below and show it to airline if they ask. Section 13.18 (page 73) says "If a valid visa inside an expired document is presented at the POE (port of entry) along with a valid passport or travel document, the visa is considered valid". Second link is the info for travel exemption.

Port of Entry Examinations - 2019
https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/resources/manuals/enf/enf04-eng.pdf

Travel Exemption to approved PR applicants (up to 18 March 2020)
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html#approved-before
Thanks.