+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

dp25688

Mar 16, 2015
Hello guys, I have some serious situation here, My parents got visa on 10th March,2020. Visa valid till 4th Oct, now in india currently lockdown whole country and almost no flights to canada or inter state travel ban and I feel it is not safe untill situation under control to travel. The question is if situation not normal till October, then what? can we request to IRCC for more time and extention of immigration visa? or any other suggetions you have please share friends. I'm sure there are others with same situation.
Thank you.

anu_grewal

Star Member
Nov 4, 2018
Anyone else whose file stuck in process for 5 months now !! Mine is stuck since Oct 15. They have BC and AB social check on file now but still no progress. Also is it normal that my eligiblity is still in process where as some people getting their eligibility passed before back ground check . I have asked my MP to do follow up as well but its all coming same everytime. @robertp @YULIA-2016
Hi
My file is stuck in process since Nov. 8 & my lawyer said me to just wait.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello guys, I have some serious situation here, My parents got visa on 10th March,2020. Visa valid till 4th Oct, now in india currently lockdown whole country and almost no flights to canada or inter state travel ban and I feel it is not safe untill situation under control to travel. The question is if situation not normal till October, then what? can we request to IRCC for more time and extention of immigration visa? or any other suggetions you have please share friends. I'm sure there are others with same situation.
Thank you.
Yes if there is no travel into Canada or out of India by October you can ask for an extension.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Make sure that your parents got COPR on or before 18 March 2020 because only those who got PR approval in that period are exempt and can travel to Canada. I would print out the link and ENF 4 - Port of entry examinations manual - below and show it to airline if they ask. Section 13.18 (page 73) says "If a valid visa inside an expired document is presented at the POE (port of entry) along with a valid passport or travel document, the visa is considered valid". Second link is the info for travel exemption.

Port of Entry Examinations - 2019
https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/resources/manuals/enf/enf04-eng.pdf

Travel Exemption to approved PR applicants (up to 18 March 2020)
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html#approved-before
Given that the parents are in India the parents can’t leave for a while. Many countries and airlines have stopped their international travel to Canada.

geol

Dec 18, 2014
Thank you.
I think your parents passed medical on 4th October 2019. If this is the case then if you ask for extension then they have to do the medical again. Because medical is valid for one year only. And the Visa validity is one year from the date of medical passed.

Debby-Ann

Apr 12, 2020
Am new, my question is, can a father who is living in canada for 40yrs, filing for his daughter who is about 38 yrs old now?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Am new, my question is, can a father who is living in canada for 40yrs, filing for his daughter who is about 38 yrs old now?
Only if all of the following are true:

- He has no spouse / common law partner
- He has no children who are Canadian
- Both of his parents are deceased
- He has no other family members in Canada (e.g. aunt, uncle, etc.)

curious205

Mar 20, 2018
Generally speaking, you can only sponsor child who is UNDER 22 years of age. Since your daughter is quite a bit above the cut off age, you cannot sponsor her. However, there are exceptions. If she has depended on you financially since 22 years of age AND she has physical or mental disability, then you can sponsor her even though she is over 22 years old now.

This is not the right thread for this type of question. There are a lot of other threads that have already answered your questions and questions you have not even thought of yet.

The following link is a good place for information.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5289-sponsor-your-spouse-common-law-partner-conjugal-partner-dependent-child-complete-guide.html#who

curious205

Mar 20, 2018
Given that the parents are in India the parents can’t leave for a while. Many countries and airlines have stopped their international travel to Canada.
That's true. But, that is outside of whether one can travel using valid visa on expired passport and related Canadian regulations.

amanpreet.kaur01

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
Edmonton,Ab
App. Filed.......
June17,2019
AOR Received.
13-04-2020
Is CPC-M is working I have not heard anything other than the AOR on march 12 for june 17ès submission and seem like people have got decision made

ilovecanada11

Star Member
Sep 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is CPC-M is working I have not heard anything other than the AOR on march 12 for june 17ès submission and seem like people have got decision made

Things appear to be very slow , or even standstill. Haven't seen posts with new requests from them recently