+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
London, ON
Thanks for the replay
We do not have VAC in my country, he needs to travel by plane to a nearby country where there is VAC, we do not have mail services where we can send the passport by mail.
Send a webform to IRCC or email Paris Embassy explaining them your situation and asking for more time to submit the passport. They will definitely give you extension.

Rosharah

Nov 3, 2019
Hi all, my dad was asked to resubmit IMM5669. .We have submit this form before and I am not sure why they are asking this again. Does ayone else had the same request here? Also does anyone know if he needs to sign this form manually? Or just typing his name is enough?!

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
Hi all, my dad was asked to resubmit IMM5669. .We have submit this form before and I am not sure why they are asking this again. Does ayone else had the same request here? Also does anyone know if he needs to sign this form manually? Or just typing his name is enough?!
Please resubmit, sign required.

Please tag @YULIA-2016 @robertp @laxsun @jayeshaminnew @serious_cheese to add / update your info in tracker

Line # in tracker:if applicable
Sponsored People:
Parents Country of Citizenship:
Sponsor Province:
Invitations Receive Date:
Application received in Ottawa Date:
AoR Received (DATE):
Ecas Status for Sponsorship Application:
Appl. receivedIn ProcessDecision made
Date:Date:Date:
Ecas Status for permanent resident Application:
Local Visa Office Name:
Biometric request :
MyCIC update:
IME (Medical )
IME RequestIME Passed
Date:Date:
PCC request:
Additional document / travel history request date :
PR decision made date :
PPR date :
Comment / additional information :

PGP-2019 : Timeline | CSQ / Undertaking (kit B): Timeline

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
Hi every one
I have a question and hope someone will able to help me.
Thye have requested the passport of my father in law in order to issue the permanent visa. The problem we do not have VAC in our country and he needs to travel to in order to submit the passport and now the airport is closed because of COVID19.
on the other hand, he has a valid super visa till April 20222, can I send a copy of his passport and his super visa to the Paris office? or they still need his original passport.

Thank you so much

Application received: 27 May 2018
Biometric letter request 19 Oct and they requested again on Feb 8
Police Certificate Request: Feb 8
Medical Request Feb 8 , passed March 4th
Please tag @YULIA-2016 @robertp @laxsun @jayeshaminnew @serious_cheese to add / update your info in tracker

Line # in tracker:if applicable
Sponsored People:
Parents Country of Citizenship:
Sponsor Province:
Invitations Receive Date:
Application received in Ottawa Date:
AoR Received (DATE):
Ecas Status for Sponsorship Application:
Ecas Status for permanent resident Application:
Local Visa Office Name:
Biometric request :
MyCIC update:
IME (Medical )
IME RequestIME Passed
Date:Date:
PCC request:
Additional document / travel history request date :
PR decision made date :
PPR date :
Comment / additional information :

PGP-2019 : Timeline | CSQ / Undertaking (kit B): Timeline

K0c4nbi3t

Sep 5, 2015
He NEEDS to sign by an inked pen which is showing physically on the form. If you did not sign before, you were lucky they did not return even asked you to do medical and pcc.

Rosharah

Nov 3, 2019
He NEEDS to sign by an inked pen which is showing physically on the form. If you did not sign before, you were lucky they did not return even asked you to do medical and pcc.
Thanks for the reply. Is there anywhere in the instruction saying that? The way form is set is confusing. I can't find it.

K0c4nbi3t

Sep 5, 2015
Thanks for the reply. Is there anywhere in the instruction saying that? The way form is set is confusing. I can't find it.
 The Schedule A- Background/Declaration (IMM 5669) available on IRCC’s website should be completed electronically, validated and printed and signed. Please ensure that the signature on the form is done by hand once it has been printed
- from the invitation letter
. Once again if u have never signed on this form but got approved and passed medical. The officer who handles your file was so nice with u.
This is the form I hope IRCC will give more instruction on the form when they update it next time.

Reactions: Rosharah

manishlahori

Star Member
Jan 4, 2014
SECTION A (3) WHAT WE HAVE TO MENTION? CPC-PGP Ottawa
Webform: Add comment that PR file currently processing @ NDVO.
you can email use of representative form via Email to delhiimmigration@international.gc.ca
Hi Robert,

Who will sign here :

Signature of spouse or common -law partner for sponsorship application?

My spouse is a cosigner here so she has to sign it or my Mom has to sign it(My Dad is a principal applicant). I am little confused.

joe9kah

Dec 20, 2015
Wait until the summer or fall especially when going to province where they won’t have health coverage for months. New travel medical insurance may notcover covid 19.
Once they land, aren't they eligible for OHIP? Because technically they ll be permanent residents after landing at the airport.

Any logic behind summers/fall resulting in better situation compared to now?

manishlahori

Star Member
Jan 4, 2014
@robertp @serious_cheese @
bdidol

Hi All,

Who will sign here : USE OF REPRESENTATIVE FORM -IMM5476

Signature of spouse or common -law partner for sponsorship application?

My spouse is a cosigner here so she has to sign it or my Mom has to sign it(My Dad is a principal applicant). I am little confused.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Once they land, aren't they eligible for OHIP? Because technically they ll be permanent residents after landing at the airport.

Any logic behind summers/fall resulting in better situation compared to now?
No PR or returning citizens qualify for OHIP on arrival. They will need to wait for 3 months for coverage to start. Would suggest you spend sometime on the OHIP website. Especially residency requirements to qualify for OHIP.

Lots of things are only partially or not covered for seniors when it comes to seniors. For example you only get part of hearing aids covered and they’re not cheap. For 20 years you are responsible for bed fees if a parent ends up in longterm care. That is usually over 1K/months. Things like wheelchairs and walkers are not or partially covered. Not all medications that are covered by private insurance are covered by ODP.

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
Msg from IRCC

We’re cancelling all in-person permanent resident landing appointments until April 13, 2020. If you had a landing appointment already booked, it will be held by telephone at a new date.

joe9kah

Dec 20, 2015
No PR or returning citizens qualify for OHIP on arrival. They will need to wait for 3 months for coverage to start. Would suggest you spend sometime on the OHIP website. Especially residency requirements to qualify for OHIP.

Lots of things are only partially or not covered for seniors when it comes to seniors. For example you only get part of hearing aids covered and they’re not cheap. For 20 years you are responsible for bed fees if a parent ends up in longterm care. That is usually over 1K/months. Things like wheelchairs and walkers are not or partially covered. Not all medications that are covered by private insurance are covered by ODP.
OHIP website says to qualify you must "live first 153 days out of 183 days immediately when you began living in the province". So, is it 3 months or 153 days? Kinda confused. Also, even if I have to buy private insurance, I will.

I am just concerned about COVID-19 outbreak and request to provide your opinions if travelling is better right now or after 3-4 months? Having a permanent residency visa for parents after all the hard work and yet unable to travel and on top of it if visa expires, it ll be heartbreaking. I am just concerned about that

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
OHIP website says to qualify you must "live first 153 days out of 183 days immediately when you began living in the province". So, is it 3 months or 153 days? Kinda confused. Also, even if I have to buy private insurance, I will.

I am just concerned about COVID-19 outbreak and request to provide your opinions if travelling is better right now or after 3-4 months? Having a permanent residency visa for parents after all the hard work and yet unable to travel and on top of it if visa expires, it ll be heartbreaking. I am just concerned about that
You still have to wait 3 months from your landing date to qualify and then have to follow the residency obligation. Thev3 month waiting period is there to make sure people don’t enter Ontario just because the need medical care. You should by private insurance when you parents arrive for emergency. Current insurance may not cover covid 19.

I can’t tell you whether it would be better to wait until the summer. Could be better or worse. Also depends on your financial position and whether you could pay for a hospitalization in Canada if they did get sick in the first 3 months.