+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

K0c4nbi3t

Sep 5, 2015
would ministry letter help for Ontario residents as well ? our case is stuck @ SA "in process" since December 2019.
Called IRCC 3 times and they said its in process no other info, thanks.
Still in normal processing time (2 yrs processing) this would be the answer when you contact them or even ask someone to contact them on behalf. Specially if you sponsored someone previously, it will take time to verify sponsored persons. anyway a few guys got stuck for 5 months just released.

Rhill

Star Member
Feb 17, 2020
Hello everyone

Regarding to covid-19 if my parents are in Canada and don’t have medical insurance. Would they get accepted to the hospital in case they got infected?
they won’t be refused, but it will be costly for you, I suggest to obtain medical insurance ASAP

Reactions: iliveinbanff

Mississauga-Applicant

Jun 17, 2019
they won’t be refused, but it will be costly for you, I suggest to obtain medical insurance ASAP
Going to emergency room will cost you a fortune. I once paid for my mom $700+ for emergency room visit - 6 hours of wait and under 5 mins consultation. Luckily she had a travel insurance so the amount was reimbursed later. However when she went there they won’t accept direct payment from the insurance. I had to pay on the spot.

Mississauga-Applicant

Jun 17, 2019
Hello everyone

Regarding to covid-19 if my parents are in Canada and don’t have medical insurance. Would they get accepted to the hospital in case they got infected?
Going to emergency room will cost you a fortune. I once paid for my mom $700+ for emergency room visit - 6 hours of wait and under 5 mins consultation. Luckily she had a travel insurance so the amount was reimbursed later. However when she went there they won’t accept direct payment from the insurance. I had to pay on the spot.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello everyone

You would have to pay for any hospital stay and treatment. It is honestly likely too late to get covid 19 coverage.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello all,

My parents have received letter to submit their passports for their visas. We re expecting to receive passport back in a week or two. Its a great news. However, with the COVID-19 concerns/restrictions, we re very concerned for my parents who are near their 70s.

I would like to ask for suggestions from experts here. My parents medical was done in November, so most likely they ll have 6 months to land in Canada. They re living in India. Should I book my parents tickets in first week of April or should we wait for couple of months and see?

Please suggest.
Wait until the summer or fall especially when going to province where they won’t have health coverage for months. New travel medical insurance may notcover covid 19.

Mesad

Feb 8, 2015

That is it, I am checking all the insurance companies now and it looks like no health insurance is available for 55+ year olds. My mom is over 60.
Sad

Avii297

Jul 26, 2019
Hello Friends, Does anybody know about Country Specific Requirements for Spouses?

"as these documents are applicable to parents and grandparents"

labibfares

May 5, 2019
Hi every one
I have a question and hope someone will able to help me.
Thye have requested the passport of my father in law in order to issue the permanent visa. The problem we do not have VAC in our country and he needs to travel to in order to submit the passport and now the airport is closed because of COVID19.
on the other hand, he has a valid super visa till April 20222, can I send a copy of his passport and his super visa to the Paris office? or they still need his original passport.

Thank you so much

Application received: 27 May 2018
Biometric letter request 19 Oct and they requested again on Feb 8
Police Certificate Request: Feb 8
Medical Request Feb 8 , passed March 4th

Reactions: serious_cheese

K0c4nbi3t

Sep 5, 2015
Hi every one
I have a question and hope someone will able to help me.
Thye have requested the passport of my father in law in order to issue the permanent visa. The problem we do not have VAC in our country and he needs to travel to in order to submit the passport and now the airport is closed because of COVID19.
on the other hand, he has a valid super visa till April 20222, can I send a copy of his passport and his super visa to the Paris office? or they still need his original passport.

Thank you so much

Application received: 27 May 2018
Biometric letter request 19 Oct and they requested again on Feb 8
Police Certificate Request: Feb 8
Medical Request Feb 8 , passed March 4th
Can u explain more information?? As I know U can not submit your passport in person. It should be submitted via VAC
Yes you have to submit original passport.
Or U can go to Canada and submit it to Ottawa.
How is your mom?? Is she included as well??

Last edited:

labibfares

May 5, 2019
Can u explain more information?? As I know U can not submit your passport in person. It should be submitted via VAC
Yes you have to submit an original passport.
Or U can go to Canada and submit it to Ottawa.
Thanks for the replay
We do not have VAC in my country, he needs to travel by plane to a nearby country where there is VAC, we do not have mail services where we can send the passport by mail.

K0c4nbi3t

Sep 5, 2015
Thanks for the replay
We do not have VAC in my country, he needs to travel by plane to a nearby country where there is VAC, we do not have mail services where we can send the passport by mail.
u mentioned he has supervisa, why dont he come here then submit passport to ottawa by canada post?? u previously asked about medical inadmissible of ur mom, how is it now?