+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
Hello all,

My parents have received letter to submit their passports for their visas. We re expecting to receive passport back in a week or two. Its a great news. However, with the COVID-19 concerns/restrictions, we re very concerned for my parents who are near their 70s.

I would like to ask for suggestions from experts here. My parents medical was done in November, so most likely they ll have 6 months to land in Canada. They re living in India. Should I book my parents tickets in first week of April or should we wait for couple of months and see?

Please suggest.
Wait till Summer

canadian99

Sep 6, 2018
Hello everyone, I received a request from New Delhi to provide PCC's and travel form and passport size photos.
But the guide which is IMM3029 (travel form is in there) says originals unless noted while the request letter says nothing but you can send the docs via email to the email which is in the footer.

So my question is do we have to have the original pcc's and original photos etc mailed into to New Delhi or can we submit copies to the email address. They also did not allow in the my cic any docs to be uploaded. So please advise if I can submit to the email address and also then to be sure send via weform to New Delhi the docs.

Here is what was written on the request letter.

Failure to submit them within that time period could result in the refusal of your application. Please quote our complete file number on your correspondence and send to the High Commission at the e-mail address or mailing address indicated below. Unless specifically requested, original documents are not required. You may submit scanned copies by e-mail.

PLEASE RETURN THIS FORM WITH THE REQUESTED DOCUMENTS.

Sincerely,
Immigration Section

In the footer

Immigration Section - Service de l’Immigration
7/8 Shantipath, Chanakyapuri PO Box 5209 New Delhi 110021 India
Email: delhiimmigration@international.gc.ca Website: www.india.gc.ca

So can I submit scanned copies by email to them. The passport photos a copy is an interesting request. Shouldn't that be an original sent to the, And why are they wanting a photo again when I sent in one at the time of the application which was like 2 weeks old. makes no sense to me.

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
Hello everyone, I received a request from New Delhi to provide PCC's and travel form and passport size photos.
But the guide which is IMM3029 (travel form is in there) says originals unless noted while the request letter says nothing but you can send the docs via email to the email which is in the footer.

So my question is do we have to have the original pcc's and original photos etc mailed into to New Delhi or can we submit copies to the email address. They also did not allow in the my cic any docs to be uploaded. So please advise if I can submit to the email address and also then to be sure send via weform to New Delhi the docs.
submit scan copy via Email

Please tag @YULIA-2016 @robertp @laxsun @jayeshaminnew @serious_cheese to add / update your info in tracker

Line # in tracker:if applicable
Sponsored People:
Parents Country of Citizenship:
Sponsor Province:
Invitations Receive Date:
Application received in Ottawa Date:
AoR Received (DATE):
Ecas Status for Sponsorship Application:
Appl. receivedIn ProcessDecision made
Date:Date:Date:
Ecas Status for permanent resident Application:
Local Visa Office Name:
Biometric request :
MyCIC update:
IME (Medical )
IME RequestIME Passed
Date:Date:
PCC request:
Additional document / travel history request date :
PR decision made date :
PPR date :
Comment / additional information :

PGP-2019 : Timeline | CSQ / Undertaking (kit B): Timeline

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
Ok how close do you think this application is to completion?
Local VO timeline

Please tag @YULIA-2016 @robertp @laxsun @jayeshaminnew @serious_cheese to add / update your info in tracker

Line # in tracker:if applicable
Sponsored People:
Parents Country of Citizenship:
Sponsor Province:
Invitations Receive Date:
Application received in Ottawa Date:
AoR Received (DATE):
Ecas Status for Sponsorship Application:
Ecas Status for permanent resident Application:
Local Visa Office Name:
Biometric request :
MyCIC update:
IME (Medical )
IME RequestIME Passed
Date:Date:
PCC request:
Additional document / travel history request date :
PR decision made date :
PPR date :
Comment / additional information :

PGP-2019 : Timeline | CSQ / Undertaking (kit B): Timeline

Last edited:

Ojeola

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2012
you mean myCIC said we processing your application!!!!!!
Yes that correct, Sorry i just edited my previous post. Below is the line i got from Mycic.

Review of eligibility
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.

Reactions: robertp

Mesad

Feb 8, 2015
Hello everyone

Regarding to covid-19 if my parents are in Canada and don’t have medical insurance. Would they get accepted to the hospital in case they got infected?

DoubleS

Nov 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 5, 2014
Doc's Request.
CCC Jan 8, 2015
LANDED..........
Currently in Canada
@robertp
Kindly update the spreadsheet, Kingston CPC sent the request for my mom's police record and medical report on March 12, 2020. Line 727

Reactions: robertp