+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Irynaken

Star Member
Jul 17, 2019
@robertp @bdidol
Please update the tracker DM for PA today on ECAS. Medicals were only passed yesterday after 4 months of waiting. Background check started on Feb 26.
Can that be so fast?
Is it a good sign?
No changes on MyCic though. Should I be concerned?

Reactions: serious_cheese

CoolTF

Apr 13, 2016
Hi all, my sponsorship application is 'In Process' from Jan 20. My husband and I are co-signers and I initiated the sponsorship from Alberta. I am too worried as nothing has happened for the past two months. Can any of you give me any pointers on why is this happening. Expecting your kind replies..

Reactions: montu5742

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
@robertp @bdidol
Please update the tracker DM for PA today on ECAS. Medicals were only passed yesterday after 4 months of waiting. Background check started on Feb 26.
Can that be so fast?
Is it a good sign?
No changes on MyCic though. Should I be concerned?
Your medical is passed already, why you are need to be concerned?

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
Hi all, my sponsorship application is 'In Process' from Jan 20. My husband and I are co-signers and I initiated the sponsorship from Alberta. I am too worried as nothing has happened for the past two months. Can any of you give me any pointers on why is this happening. Expecting your kind replies..
For AB applicants, where there are previous sponsorship history, IRCC doing a social assistance check with AB province and many applicants are in a limbo because of it. @calgary17 started a thread about it, you can check it.

Reactions: Lhay

Chikki24

Aug 11, 2018
For AB applicants, where there are previous sponsorship history, IRCC doing a social assistance check with AB province and many applicants are in a limbo because of it. @calgary17 started a thread about it, you can check it.

I'm from AB . . It takes 1 year before i got my sponsor approval since application received .

• Wow
Reactions: K0c4nbi3t

montu5742

Star Member
May 12, 2014
Same timeline here. My SA file is "In Process" since Jan 20th. They have received my file on June 13th. 'In Process' since last two months and nothing is happening.

Alex2028

Feb 21, 2017
So like a few others, I also got the SA (email) from CPC-M yesterday. File transferred to London. However:

1. No PCC, IME or BIO request.
2. ECAS and Mycic show no change. ECAS still has the first two lines under Sponsor and Received under PR sections. MyCic just says we are processing.
3. Should I start the process to get PCC to send them before getting the request as it might take some time for me to get it.

Any feedback on this please? And please update. Thanks @robertp @serious_cheese @bdidol
Hi Hamied,
How did you linked MyCic with the application? I am sponsoring my parents, but when I try to link to the application, I got "not found" all the time. In the Applicant field, do you input your passport info or your parents' passport info?

Thanks!

Smileforu

Jan 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
April 2010
File Transfer...
April 2010 ! March 2012 6-12 months wait letter
@calgary17 I am from AB and My SA file is in progress since Jan 20th. Its been almost 2 months and nothing is happening. User @bdidol pointed out that there is a thread about this. Would you mind pointing me to that thread?
cc: @CoolTF
It was same for me, I am also from AB and took almost 3 months before DM status. Not sure why AB takes so long but probably due to market conditions either they are short staffed & processing lot of claims/queries.

montu5742

Star Member
May 12, 2014
@Smileforu Oh ok. I know they did lot of cuts in their budget and that might be impacting this approval rates. I know other AB friends who got the SA approval before 2020 just as normal process. I think after 2020 its getting delayed more than usual

K0c4nbi3t

Sep 5, 2015
I'm from AB . . It takes 1 year before i got my sponsor approval since application received .
U would be the most patient member. I could not imagine what happed if i got delayed likes this. I am ok with PA processing even 2 yrs but at least got approved as sponsor.