salmunsu

Star Member
Apr 17, 2015
Does anyone know how long it takes after ME passes for:
- Background Check
- Eligibility Check
- PPR
to come through?

Just trying to get an idea :). My file is in London VO.

jmjmjmjm

Star Member
Oct 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 23, 2015
AOR Received.
April 22, 2015
File Transfer...
May 25, 2015
Med's Done....
February 2015
Passport Req..
June 10, 2015 passport sent to CEM Sept. 4, 2015
Hi again everyone,

not sure if anyone remember but I posted a few weeks ago about a procedural fairness letter (PFL) I received regarding my mom (re: not declaring a refusal to a US tourist visa application on the background declaration). Thank you to all who responded on me, that was a nerve wracking week..so to keep you guys updated, I responded to PFL on March 9, 2020. On March 10, 2020, my linked account showed an update We have received the additional documents you provided. Then today, March 12, 2020, we received medical request along with linked account update Review of medical results * We have requested a medical exam. Check your messages below for details and ECAS update line 4. We sent you medical instructions on March 12, 2020. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. I am not sure if this is a good thing now that there is a medical request after they have received the response for PFL? Will they still be requesting for medical exams if they deemed the applicants ineligible?
By the way if anyone wants to know how I responded and dealt with PFL you are free to DM me. : )

By the way here's my updated timeline:

Username: jmjmjmjm
Sponsored people: Parents (Mom & Dad)
Parents country of citizenship : Philippines
Province: Ontario
Invitation received: APRIL 24
Application Received in Ottawa date: May 30 (Canada Post confirmation signed by G Martin)
****Updated CIC on Oct 10 regarding additional dependent (birth)
Biometric Instruction letter: Nov 26
AOR Received (Sponsor): Dec 6
NO AOR received for sponsored applicants
Request for Police Clearance: Dec 6
****Requested extension for deadline of both biometrics and police clearance since applicant is currently in canada that time
Provided biometrics: jan 16
Submitted police clearance jan 17
****Received procedural fairness letter feb 13 with deadline response within 30 days
****Responded to PFL March 9
****Update on status (We have received the additional documents you provided) March 10
Medical request: march 12

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
Hi again everyone,

not sure if anyone remember but I posted a few weeks ago about a procedural fairness letter (PFL) I received regarding my mom (re: not declaring a refusal to a US tourist visa application on the background declaration). Thank you to all who responded on me, that was a nerve wracking week..so to keep you guys updated, I responded to PFL on March 9, 2020. On March 10, 2020, my linked account showed an update We have received the additional documents you provided. Then today, March 12, 2020, we received medical request along with linked account update Review of medical results * We have requested a medical exam. Check your messages below for details and ECAS update line 4. We sent you medical instructions on March 12, 2020. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. I am not sure if this is a good thing now that there is a medical request after they have received the response for PFL? Will they still be requesting for medical exams if they deemed the applicants ineligible?
By the way if anyone wants to know how I responded and dealt with PFL you are free to DM me. : )

Application Received in Ottawa date: May 30 (Canada Post confirmation signed by G Martin)
****Requested extension for deadline of both biometrics and police clearance since applicant is currently in canada that time
****Received procedural fairness letter feb 13 with deadline response within 30 days
****Update on status (We have received the additional documents you provided) March 10
They accepted your explanation. Congrats.

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
Hi again everyone,

For your Sponsorship Application what is your In process date ? Decision made date ? >> you can get In process date from Ecas.
which Local Visa Office assign for your PR application?

Reactions: serious_cheese

manishlahori

Star Member
Jan 4, 2014
Hi again everyone,

What is PFL?

Janet2011

Jul 29, 2019
Morning,

My parents file was transferred to HK in Jan. 2020. And now I got an email asking additional documents. I'm wondering if it is a general email to everyone. I actually had emailed additional documents to Mississauga in Nov. 2019. Seems like I have to submit them again by mail. Please advise if anyone got the similar email. Thanks!

PART ONE – DOCUMENT REQUEST

In order to prepare your application for further processing, the following documentation must be received by our office within 30 days from the date of this letter:

For the principal applicant and all dependents, whether accompanying you to Canada or not:

Ø If not yet submitted: Copy of Hukou (household register) if you reside in the People’s Republic of China or Taiwan, accompanied by a notarized translation into either English or French. Translation must be part of the notarized booklet.

Ø If not yet submitted: Copy of the bio-data page of your valid passport. DO NOT submit your original passport at this time.

Ø Two (2) recent photos respecting precise specifications that can be found at: www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf

For the principal applicant and all dependents 18 and over, whether accompanying you to Canada or not:

Ø Updated Schedule A Background/Declaration form (IMM 5669): You must declare your personal history and addresses from the age of 18 (not only the past 10 years).

Ø Updated Additional Family Information form (IMM 5406)

Ø Updated Original police certificates from each country in which you have spent 6 months or more since the age of 18. For instructions on how to obtain police certificates for specific countries, click here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how.html. If you are unable to submit police certificate(s) within the 30 day deadline, submit proof of having applied for the certificate with your package.

Ø Copy of divorce certificate or hospital death certificate of your spouse/common-law partner or dependents, if applicable.

For the principal applicant and spouse/common-law partner (if accompanying):

Ø If not yet paid: Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF). To avoid processing delays, we strongly encourage you to pay your fees online and to submit a copy of your receipt to our office. To pay your fees online, click here: https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/welcome.do

For sponsor and all dependent children:

Ø If not yet submitted: Copy of the original hospital birth certificate and any other documents that prove the relationship to the principal applicant or your sponsor/in-Canada family member. Kinship documents are not acceptable. For children born in the People’s Republic of China: You must submit a scanned notarized copy of the original Medical Certificate of Birth issued by the Ministry of Health of the People’s Republic of China (If this is not available, you must submit an explanation as to why this document cannot be submitted).

If you submitted your application on or before July 31, 2014 and you have dependent children 22 and over:

Ø Evidence that (s)he has been continuously enrolled in and attending a post-secondary institution that is accredited by the relevant government authority, and that (s)he is actively pursuing a course of academic, professional or vocational training on a full-time basis. Documentation must include transcripts.
OR

Ø Evidence that (s)he is unable to be financially self-supporting due to a physical or mental condition.

If you submitted your application between August 1, 2014 and October 23, 2017 and you have dependent children 19 and over:

Ø Evidence that (s)he is unable to be financially self-supporting due to a physical or mental condition.

If you submitted your application on or after October 24, 2017 and have dependent children 22 and over::

*Note: To review the definition of a dependent child, please visit: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/age-limit-requirements-dependent-children.html

Please submit all the requested documents with a copy of this letter in a single package. If there are any documents you are unable to submit in your package, please include a detailed explanation.

All documents must be in either English or French. Any documents not in English or French must be accompanied by a certified translation.

The above documents must be received in our office within 30 days from the date of this letter. If you fail to comply with this requirement, a decision concerning your application will be made based upon the information already submitted with this application. This may result in the refusal of your application.

Documents should be submitted by mail or courier to:

Immigration Section
Consulate General of Canada
8/F, Berkshire House, 25 Westlands Road, Quarry Bay
Hong Kong

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
Morning,

My parents file was transferred to HK in Jan. 2020. And now I got an email asking additional documents. I'm wondering if it is a general email to everyone. I actually had emailed additional documents to Mississauga in Nov. 2019. Seems like I have to submit them again by mail. Please advise if anyone got the similar email. Thanks!

PART ONE – DOCUMENT REQUEST

In order to prepare your application for further processing, the following documentation must be received by our office within 30 days from the date of this letter:

For the principal applicant and all dependents, whether accompanying you to Canada or not:

Ø If not yet submitted: Copy of Hukou (household register) if you reside in the People’s Republic of China or Taiwan, accompanied by a notarized translation into either English or French. Translation must be part of the notarized booklet.

Ø If not yet submitted: Copy of the bio-data page of your valid passport. DO NOT submit your original passport at this time.

Ø Two (2) recent photos respecting precise specifications that can be found at: www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf

For the principal applicant and all dependents 18 and over, whether accompanying you to Canada or not:

Ø Updated Schedule A Background/Declaration form (IMM 5669): You must declare your personal history and addresses from the age of 18 (not only the past 10 years).

Ø Updated Additional Family Information form (IMM 5406)

Ø Updated Original police certificates from each country in which you have spent 6 months or more since the age of 18. For instructions on how to obtain police certificates for specific countries, click here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how.html. If you are unable to submit police certificate(s) within the 30 day deadline, submit proof of having applied for the certificate with your package.

Ø Copy of divorce certificate or hospital death certificate of your spouse/common-law partner or dependents, if applicable.

For the principal applicant and spouse/common-law partner (if accompanying):

Ø If not yet paid: Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF). To avoid processing delays, we strongly encourage you to pay your fees online and to submit a copy of your receipt to our office. To pay your fees online, click here: https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/welcome.do

For sponsor and all dependent children:

Ø If not yet submitted: Copy of the original hospital birth certificate and any other documents that prove the relationship to the principal applicant or your sponsor/in-Canada family member. Kinship documents are not acceptable. For children born in the People’s Republic of China: You must submit a scanned notarized copy of the original Medical Certificate of Birth issued by the Ministry of Health of the People’s Republic of China (If this is not available, you must submit an explanation as to why this document cannot be submitted).

If you submitted your application on or before July 31, 2014 and you have dependent children 22 and over:

Ø Evidence that (s)he has been continuously enrolled in and attending a post-secondary institution that is accredited by the relevant government authority, and that (s)he is actively pursuing a course of academic, professional or vocational training on a full-time basis. Documentation must include transcripts.
OR

If you submitted your application between August 1, 2014 and October 23, 2017 and you have dependent children 19 and over:

If you submitted your application on or after October 24, 2017 and have dependent children 22 and over::

*Note: To review the definition of a dependent child, please visit: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/age-limit-requirements-dependent-children.html

Please submit all the requested documents with a copy of this letter in a single package. If there are any documents you are unable to submit in your package, please include a detailed explanation.

All documents must be in either English or French. Any documents not in English or French must be accompanied by a certified translation.

The above documents must be received in our office within 30 days from the date of this letter. If you fail to comply with this requirement, a decision concerning your application will be made based upon the information already submitted with this application. This may result in the refusal of your application.

Documents should be submitted by mail or courier to:

Immigration Section
Consulate General of Canada
8/F, Berkshire House, 25 Westlands Road, Quarry Bay
Hong Kong
Send them again, mention that you already provided them before.

Hamied

Feb 20, 2016
So like a few others, I also got the SA (email) from CPC-M yesterday. File transferred to London. However:

1. No PCC, IME or BIO request.
2. ECAS and Mycic show no change. ECAS still has the first two lines under Sponsor and Received under PR sections. MyCic just says we are processing.
3. Should I start the process to get PCC to send them before getting the request as it might take some time for me to get it.

Any feedback on this please? And please update. Thanks @robertp @serious_cheese @bdidol

Reactions: robertp

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
So like a few others, I also got the SA (email) from CPC-M yesterday. File transferred to London. However:

1. No PCC, IME or BIO request.
2. ECAS and Mycic show no change. ECAS still has the first two lines under Sponsor and Received under PR sections. MyCic just says we are processing.
3. Should I start the process to get PCC to send them before getting the request as it might take some time for me to get it.

Any feedback on this please? And please update. Thanks @robertp @serious_cheese @bdidol
check here Londo VO timeline.

Reactions: Hamied