+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
How long does it approximately take for CIC to send an acknowledgement email for the additional documents requested, send by email ?

Requested sponsor birth certificate - Feb 14th, Sent by email on Feb 16th.

Thank you.
They don't

ilovecanada11

Star Member
Sep 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
what is your In process date as per Ecas?

Please tag @YULIA-2016 @robertp @laxsun @jayeshaminnew @serious_cheese to add / update your info in tracker
  • Line # in tracker: if applicable
  • Sponsored People:
  • Parents Country of Citizenship:
  • Sponsor Province:
  • Invitations Receive Date:
  • Application received in Ottawa Date:
  • AoR Received (DATE):
  • Ecas Status for Sponsorship Application:
  • Ecas Status for PR Application.
  • Sponsorship In process Date:
  • Sponsorship Decision Made Date:
  • Local Visa Office :
  • Biometric request :
  • MyCIC update:
  • IME request date :
  • IME Passed date:
  • PCC request:
  • Additional document / travel history request date :
  • PR decision made date :
  • PPR date :
  • Comment / additional information :

Thanks . Jan 13th 2020 from the sponsor part

Reactions: robertp

Risabh_Canada

Star Member
Jan 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2016
Hi
We received a request for )biometric in Nov 2019 and it was done within a few days and it was updated on My CIC for my father in law.
Now we received ( in Feb ) a second request for biometric via email. I replied back and explained that we already did the biometric.

Anyone has a similar experience.

Thanks
Did You get Biometrics complete status on mycic ? where did you do Biometrics (At which VAC location), we have seen these cases with people whose fingerprint have not been clear & cic asks them to redo.

ZOYAMAN13

Apr 11, 2017
Hey guys

This is confusing

Even though i submitted 3 times pcc and travel form without request and along with request. Yesterday i submitted again and this morning there's a message in gckey in the upload document section. It says replacement needed police certificates(multiple) required! And supplementary information -your tarvels required!

Note- This is only requested for pa (my dad) when i scroll down in my mom and bother section it says no docs required.

Note - My dad had never travelled anywhere outside India. And all of the pccs are from January 14 2020.

Reactions: Rushdanalb

Darjeeling_Man

Star Member
Dec 29, 2018
Toronto
Hi My mom is also green card holder since 9 years. As soon as she get Canada PR she will surrender her green card. If she passes citizenship test for US then she can have both Canadian PR and US greencard at same time.
But you can't keep two countries residency at same time. At US border they will ask your mom to take decision which country she wants to reside permanently. For maintaining Greencard, one of the requirement is you can't leave US more than six months in single year. If you do so, then you have to fill out form I-131 re-entry permit. But re-entry permit also doesn't guarantee anything and it depends on the sole discretion of the immigration officer.
You got 2 options.
1. Either your mom visit back and forth to maintain green card and Canadian PR. 6 months in US and 6 Months in Canada. This will take 10 years to be eligible to apply for US citizenship. (Have green card for atleast 5 years)
2. Get Canadian PR card, surrender green card and apply for 10 year US Visitor visa.
Thank you, @GameChanger
How about this option: she gets her Candian PR card/ does a soft landing this year.
Then heads back to the US to fulfill her citizenship requirements (5 year stretch). Gets that after 5 years in 2024.
Then comes to Canada as a US citizenship in 2024 to complete her Canadian 3 years. 2024 to 2027.
Thoughts?
Personal question: Can I ask why your mom didn't take US citizenship earlier? She would have been eligible after 5 years, right?

Darjeeling_Man

Star Member
Dec 29, 2018
Toronto
Thank you, @GameChanger
How about this option: she gets her Candian PR card/ does a soft landing this year.
Then heads back to the US to fulfill her citizenship requirements (5 year stretch). Gets that after 5 years in 2024.
Then comes to Canada as a US citizenship in 2024 to complete her Canadian 3 years. 2024 to 2027.
Thoughts?
Personal question: Can I ask why your mom didn't take US citizenship earlier? She would have been eligible after 5 years, right?
Never mind: I just read that one could lose Canadian PR status if you have not been in Canada for 2 of the past 5 years:
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1468&top=10

reezam

Feb 1, 2019
They don't
Thanks for your reply. Somebody in this thread only said they received acknowledgement email.

If they don't send any acknowledgement, how do we figure out if they have received the documents ? There is no change in CIC account status as well. it says "We need additional documents to process your application."

Please advise.

Thanks

Reactions: munishrattan

douwama

May 8, 2019
Thanks for your reply. Somebody in this thread only said they received acknowledgement email.

If they don't send any acknowledgement, how do we figure out if they have received the documents ? There is no change in CIC account status as well. it says "We need additional documents to process your application."

Please advise.

Thanks
hi,

i didn't receive any acknowledgement email from CIC, every time after i sent request documents by email to them, i called them after 10 business days for confirming. I remember the first time i called them, the agent told me they sometimes send acknowledgement email, sometime they don't.....So it's better to call i guess....:)

Reactions: reezam

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019

Please advise.

Thanks
webform

reezam

Feb 1, 2019
hi,

i didn't receive any acknowledgement email from CIC, every time after i sent request documents by email to them, i called them after 10 business days for confirming. I remember the first time i called them, the agent told me they sometimes send acknowledgement email, sometime they don't.....So it's better to call i guess....:)
Yes, maybe this is the only way out. Thank you :)

munishrattan

Feb 21, 2020
Dear sir
I applied in may 2019
Got email on 17 Oct 2019 for additional documents required
Send documents by post after two days

Since then... No further information... No file no

Please help me... How to track status