+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Quinn331

Feb 11, 2020
You means ecas show both DM but no change in myCIC . It’s normal
I get so confused with cic and ecas because I don’t get to see it since I have hired An Immigration agent. So my cic is the detailed one ? Ecas is the online service login one?

Familyguy2020

Feb 20, 2020
Hello All
Could anyone please tell me
1) If you don't make enough can you apply for only one parent (like just mom or dad only ) or do we HAVE to apply for Both Parents together
2) If anyone reassess the NOA for 1 or 2 years would CIC point this out or not, or do they not care for small amount assessments?
Kindly reply

GameChanger

Aug 30, 2019
Hi All:
My mom has also been sponsored by my brother for a US Green Card. She got approved last year, made her US entry in May 2019. Subsequently she also got her Canadian immigration sponsorship under PGP 2019 (which I am sponsoring) approved, we are at PPR stage for that.

My brother in the US says that if the US immigration authorities see she has also applied for Canadian PR they may likely cancel her green card. Basically it shows intent to immigrate to another country, and that is one of the grounds mentioned for cancellation of the green card.

Question --> Has any one on this forum also sponsored their parents (through another sibling) for US immigration? If so, and if both were approved (US & Canada sponsorships), were there any problem on the US side? Or any problems anticipated (since it may be too early to test this)?
Reason for asking is that my mom will have to go back and forth from US to Canada as she fulfils her residency requirements (3 out of 5 years to get citizenship in both countries). In one of these border crossings, if US immigration flags the Canadian immigration as a problem, then they may cancel her green card....
Hi My mom is also green card holder since 9 years. As soon as she get Canada PR she will surrender her green card. If she passes citizenship test for US then she can have both Canadian PR and US greencard at same time.
But you can't keep two countries residency at same time. At US border they will ask your mom to take decision which country she wants to reside permanently. For maintaining Greencard, one of the requirement is you can't leave US more than six months in single year. If you do so, then you have to fill out form I-131 re-entry permit. But re-entry permit also doesn't guarantee anything and it depends on the sole discretion of the immigration officer.
You got 2 options.
1. Either your mom visit back and forth to maintain green card and Canadian PR. 6 months in US and 6 Months in Canada. This will take 10 years to be eligible to apply for US citizenship. (Have green card for atleast 5 years)
2. Get Canadian PR card, surrender green card and apply for 10 year US Visitor visa.

K0c4nbi3t

Sep 5, 2015
Hello All
Could anyone please tell me
1) If you don't make enough can you apply for only one parent (like just mom or dad only ) or do we HAVE to apply for Both Parents together
2) If anyone reassess the NOA for 1 or 2 years would CIC point this out or not, or do they not care for small amount assessments?
Kindly reply
1. Must apply both unless divorced
2. CRA will care not CIC

Yycguy

Jan 29, 2020
@ Robert, laxum

I have got my sponsorship approval letter since january 10th, and my file is sent to NDVO since then I have not heard anything. No bio, no PC or medical.

2) I have been trying to link my application through Gc key, its giving me a message that no application was found, i have few time with the right credentials. Does anyone know what's going on
Thanks

Last edited:

Irshad67

Feb 1, 2020
@robertp @laxsun @serious_cheese
My application Line # in tracker : 708.
Application Ecas status : Received both Sponsorship and PR
I have created account on My CIC and try to link but don't see any"Link App to this Account button. " it is only showing on side option change password, recovery question.
I have also read the fill procedure on web site https://sites.google.com/view/pgp2019/quick-links
I am doing something wrong?
Appreciate help

Reactions: serious_cheese