+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

rawfile

Star Member
May 23, 2013
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Reading @jmjmjmjm post made me think whether I need to update CIC about my mom's US visitor visa which got rejected in August 2019. This happened after I submitted the application for PGP early 2019. So, this was not mentioned in Schedule A ("4 e) been refused admission to, or ordered to leave Canada or any other country" on IMM5669E)

If CIC need to be updated now about US visitor visa rejection, how and where do I need to update CIC? Appreciate any inputs. Thanks!

Last edited:

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
Reading @jmjmjmjm post made me think whether I need to update CIC about my mom's US visitor visa which got rejected in August 2019. This happened after I submitted the application for PGP early 2019. So, this was not mentioned in Schedule A ("4 e) been refused admission to, or ordered to leave Canada or any other country" on IMM5669E)

If CIC need to be updated now about US visitor visa rejection, how and where do I need to update CIC? Appreciate any inputs. Thanks!
No need to update this.

JATT_PUNJABI

Star Member
Dec 1, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
what is your In process date as per Ecas?
DM date?
Bio Date?

Que: what is your Local VO name as per Sponsorship Approval letter? it was CPC-M?

as per my understanding your PR file transfer from CPC-M to NDVO. 27 Sept you got PCC from CPC-M as a batch request. many other got on same date.
ones NDVO start processing your application 1. 2 Feb 20 2020 they sent you again PCC request.
check your PR ecas you will get new In process date. that is different then Sponsorship Application In process date
LVO was Mississauga but now it’s NDVO.
New IP 31 Jan, 2020

Reactions: serious_cheese

AntonPeach

Sep 2, 2014

It happened after the submission so you don't need to update, we only update pertinent information e.g. change address

caninfoseeker

Aug 25, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney
Can someone please help what am i supposed to upload there? It says replacement needed for pcc
If pcc covers whole country then one is enough. if person has lived in more than one city and pcc covers only last city residing then pcc would be required for each city. also read pcc required for last ten years or since the age of 18..provide full coverage of pcc

AntonPeach

Sep 2, 2014
hi,

i didn't receive any acknowledgement email from CIC, every time after i sent request documents by email to them, i called them after 10 business days for confirming. I remember the first time i called them, the agent told me they sometimes send acknowledgement email, sometime they don't.....So it's better to call i guess....:)
Per experience you will only receive the automated response but won't be personally responding to you on your email that they have the document on hand.

trivchintan

Star Member
Nov 5, 2019
You need to clarify with strong reasoning why this info was not added. You should check with a lawyer to prepare this response.

I think i forgot to declare as well, my application has just been received at NDVO, should i send a explanation letter ASAP? or contact a lawyer?

Canadian1316ir

Dec 3, 2019
Hi, I am still in shock and not sure how to proceed.

I applied to sponsor my mom and dad under PGP 2019. They already completed biometrics and submitted police clearance, no medical request yet.

My mom received a procedural fairness letter stating my mom may not meet the requirements because they found out she applied for US B1/B2 Tourist visa back in 1997 and it was not declared on Schedule A.

My mom was refused for a Canadian tourist visa in the past, 3 times, and also got refused a working visa in US in 1997. All of this were declared on the PR application, except the B1/B2. My mom said she couldn't remember applying for a US tourist visa which appearto have happened to be around the same time she applied for a working visa, that was back in 1997. Her old passport has stamps of H1B1 applications with dates but nothing with B1/B2.

Side note, my mom applied for a tourist visa to Canada 4x, on her 4th application, she was issued with a supervisa. On that application, we declared as well the 3 refusals to TRV and a US work visa refusal but, nothing was mentioned about B1/B2.

———Your application and all of the documents you submitted in support of it have been reviewed and it appears that you may not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.
Subsection 11(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) provides that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or any other document required by the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations. The visa or document may be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of the Act.
I have concerns that you have not fulfilled the requirement put upon you by subsection 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act which states:
16(1) A person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonable requires.
Specifically, I have concerns that you did not answer all questions truthfully. You disclosed previous visitor visas (Canada) refusals and a US visa refusal, which were considered. However, it appears you were refused a B1/B2 (Visitor for Business and Pleasure) visa at the U.S. Embassy in Manila, Philippines, on 5 December 1997, under the Immigration and Nationality Act, section 212(a)(6)(E)(i) – Smugglers.
According to the information stated above, your answer to question 4d) of the Background / declaration (Schedule A) is incomplete.
Please note that if it is found that you have engaged in misrepresentation in submitting your application for a permanent residence, you may be found to be inadmissible under section 40(1)(a) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. A finding of such inadmissibility would render you inadmissible to Canada for a period of five (5) years according to section 40(2)(a):

-2-
40(1) A permanent resident or a foreign national is inadmissible for misrepresentation
(a) for directly or indirectly misrepresenting or withholding material facts relating to a relevant matter that induces or could induce an error in the administration of this Act
40(2) (a) specifies that the permanent resident or the foreign national continues to be inadmissible for misrepresentation for a period of five years following, in the case of a determination outside Canada, a final determination of inadmissibility under subsection (1). Subsection 40(3) specifies that a foreign national who is inadmissible under this section may not apply for permanent resident status during the period referred to in paragraph (2)(a).
I would like to provide you with the opportunity to respond to this information. Any evidence or submissions which you or your sponsor may wish to submit to this office for consideration in response to the concerns identified above must be received at our office within 30 days of the date of this letter. If you do not respond to this request within the period indicated, your application will be assessed based on the information currently on file and may result in the refusal of your application.———-
My interpretation of "Schedule A question 4, part E" has always been as "refused entry at a border". I had no idea that it includes "visa refusals". I am going to send an email now and include visa refusals to my parents applications.

Reactions: serious_cheese

JITB

Star Member
Sep 13, 2019
No need to update this.
Not an expert but, i found in @jmjmjmjm post that the officer has mentioned "under the Immigration and Nationality Act, section 212(a)(6)(E)(i) – Smugglers. " which states "According to INA section 212(a)(6)(E), alien smuggling is when a person knowingly “encouraged, induced, assisted, abetted or aided” another person “to enter or try to enter the United States” in violation of law. "
Again, not an expert but it could be the reason of refusal. What you guys say?

Mike0661

Dec 11, 2019
@YULIA-2016 @robertp @laxsun @jayeshaminnew @serious_cheese
  • Sponsored People: Parents
  • Parents Country of Citizenship: Iran
  • Sponsor Province: AB
  • Invitations Receive Date: Apr 2019
  • Application received in Ottawa Date: May 28, 2019
  • AoR Received (DATE): Oct 19
  • Ecas Status for Sponsorship Application: DM
  • Ecas Status for PR Application. In Process
  • Sponsorship In process Date: