+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

prat7734

Nov 14, 2014
Hello Folks,
I got a request to submit "
Country Specific Requirements: Please refer to the country specific requirements listed for
spouses, as these documents are applicable to parents and grandparents."
Do you know which documents to submit. My parents are from India and reside in India itself. Thanks

Last edited:

curious205

Mar 20, 2018
No change in online account Ecas account shows decision made . Is it normal ?
It's hard to define "normal" because each LVO does things slightly differently. My case was a bit in reverse as I got an email notification that there's a correspondence waiting in MyCiC. It was PPR. But, DM status did not show up until the next morning. So, just sit back and relax. "Decision Made" means exactly that - "a final decision has been made". You will get PPR soon.

curious205

Mar 20, 2018
Has anyone done that, because PPR letter issued says, you all must be in Canada,
Secondly does VFS have a provision to accept an explanatory letter (stating that Dependent in Canada) with PA's passport
PA can fill out VFS Global consent form and send all the passports in one envelope. Here is the link to consent form directly from VFS https://www.vfsglobal.ca/Canada/india/pdf/Consent-Form.pdf

Reactions: ramko

curious205

Mar 20, 2018
Hello Folks,
I got a request to submit "
Country Specific Requirements: Please refer to the country specific requirements listed for
spouses, as these documents are applicable to parents and grandparents."
Do you know which documents to submit. My parents are from India and reside in India itself. Thanks
I suggest you send IRCC an inquiry to clarify which form they are referring to. There are so many forms under spousal sponsorship. So, it's hard to know which one they want. IRCC usually specify the form or document they want. It's odd that they just send you a generic message.

curious205

Mar 20, 2018
Thats some amazing progress for lots of you!

My application was received in May 22/23 but it seems that I still have not heard any updates. While I see many others who submitted around the same time has been updated, my e-case is still showing in process. I am quite sure my income has reached the required amount for the past three years and clean record. Does anyone have any idea why it may be delayed?

Also, anyone is familiar with "progress review" process as i heard it may be useful in evaluating where an application is sitting at.

As always, much appreciated!
There are a multitude of possibilities why an application may be delayed. No one can tell you what that might be unless you got a hold of the officer that is processing your application. Send an inquiry into the delay via IRCC webform and see what they say. You could try "progress review". But, if application processing time is still within 20 to 24 months, then it won't do any good. Other applicants who applied around the same time got further in processing than you does not have any bearing on legal argument. That being said, you could also engage your MP and ask him/her to send an inquiry on your behalf as well.I would start with IRCC webform first, and approach MP if there's no reply from IRCC or does not get satisfactory answer.

prat7734

Nov 14, 2014
Hello Folks,
In the application CIC is asking to submit CV/Resume for the principal applicant. Has anyone else got this request to submit? Is this mandatory to submit? Any information would be great. Thanks

rrbz

Jun 13, 2019
Did anyone have troubles with the form IMM 5669?

I got an email from CIC twice telling me to do a handwritten signature. I did that already and just last month, I received another email to do a hand written signature.

ripper360

Star Member
Feb 26, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All,

I haven't been following this thread for long but looks like a lot of movement on application that got me a bit concerned. My app was received in Jun 2019 and I got communication for clarification of co-signer on Sep 26 which I clarified on Sep 27 and I still can't see anything in ECAS. Now should I use my UCI for ECAS or the principal applicants?

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
Thats some amazing progress for lots of you!

My application was received in May 22/23 but it seems that I still have not heard any updates. While I see many others who submitted around the same time has been updated, my e-case is still showing in process. I am quite sure my income has reached the required amount for the past three years and clean record. Does anyone have any idea why it may be delayed?

Also, anyone is familiar with "progress review" process as i heard it may be useful in evaluating where an application is sitting at.

As always, much appreciated!
Since when your app is in process? Your tracker info is not updated.

Did you sponsor anyone before this? If that sponsorship is still valid, there is a possibility the processing time would be longer