+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

member1793562

Star Member
Jan 23, 2019
I dint receive any Appendix A, your parents in canada ?
I got email from CPC-M but asked to submit via VFS because parents in india
My parents are Europeans. Maybe that's why? They don't need visa to enter Canada. For us, we only need to send photocopies of our passports.

chandra415

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney -> Mississauga -> NDVO
App. Filed.......
04-11-2019 (App Received Date)
AOR Received.
23-11-2019
File Transfer...
File Transfer to NDVO: 13-01-2020
Med's Request
06-12-2019
Med's Done....
Medicals passed on 11-12-2019
Passport Req..
Waiting Eagerly
My parents are Europeans. Maybe that's why? They don't need visa to enter Canada. For us, we only need to send photocopies of our passports.
Ok got it. thanks

rsky

Star Member
May 23, 2019
@robertp
Please update row 178.
Finally the journey that started on 10th May 2019 came to end on 3rd Jan 2020 when my parent landed as PR.
The whole process was a breeze and hardly took 15-20 mins.
Happy new year to all of you and gud luck !
Hi,
Those who received Passport back, what is the deadline to land as PR for parents?

member1793562

Star Member
Jan 23, 2019
Hi,
Those who received Passport back, what is the deadline to land as PR for parents?
NOTE: Visa Validity

The issuance of your Permanent Resident document(s) is time sensitive so it is important for you to submit your passport(s) as requested.

Your Permanent Resident document(s) will expire one year after the date of your medical examinations or earlier if your passport or the passports of your spouse or dependant children (if applicable) expire on an earlier date.

You must travel to Canada and present your immigration documents at a Canadian Port of Entry before they expire. The validity of the Permanent Resident documents cannot be extended. If you fail to enter Canada before this date and still wish to immigrate to Canada, you must reapply by submitting a new application and paying new processing fees. All such applications will be assessed according to the immigration laws in force at the time of receipt of the application. There is no guarantee a future application would be successful.

Reactions: bdidol and rsky

member1793562

Star Member
Jan 23, 2019
NOTE: Visa Validity

The issuance of your Permanent Resident document(s) is time sensitive so it is important for you to submit your passport(s) as requested.

Your Permanent Resident document(s) will expire one year after the date of your medical examinations or earlier if your passport or the passports of your spouse or dependant children (if applicable) expire on an earlier date.

You must travel to Canada and present your immigration documents at a Canadian Port of Entry before they expire. The validity of the Permanent Resident documents cannot be extended. If you fail to enter Canada before this date and still wish to immigrate to Canada, you must reapply by submitting a new application and paying new processing fees. All such applications will be assessed according to the immigration laws in force at the time of receipt of the application. There is no guarantee a future application would be successful.

My advise, get them ASAP. Health / political conditions may change. You never know. Better to be safe.

GBH

Jul 25, 2014
I dint receive any Appendix A, your parents in canada ?
I got email from CPC-M but asked to submit via VFS because parents in india
Congrats, Did you provide them with your Parents email?,
I did provide them with my dads email, would I receive PPR on my email?

jayeshaminnew

Apr 25, 2014
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-05-2014
Nomination.....
18-08-2014
Med's Request
06-11-2014
Med's Done....
19-11-2014
Passport Req..
26-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2015
LANDED..........
31-03-2015
Hi everyone!!!

Just received passport request letter for my parents!!

Thanks to all experts here! You answered my questions. With all your help, filling those forms were super easy :)

This is a great helping community & thanks again for all the support.

I wish everyone all the best and hope PGP program continues forever so everyone can be with their loved ones!
Can you share your timeline?

chandra415

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney -> Mississauga -> NDVO
App. Filed.......
04-11-2019 (App Received Date)
AOR Received.
23-11-2019
File Transfer...
File Transfer to NDVO: 13-01-2020
Med's Request
06-12-2019
Med's Done....
Medicals passed on 11-12-2019
Passport Req..
Waiting Eagerly
Hi,
What else is mentioned in your PPR letter besides VFS submission..?
Congrats, Did you provide them with your Parents email?,
I did provide them with my dads email, would I receive PPR on my email?
Thank you

PPR email looks very vague. Dint mentioned anything about dependent (my mother), just asked to submit passport and photos via VFS india, and given option to submit to Ottawa if parents are in Canada, ma parents were never here, and directed email towards PA. Mentioned about some pre-arrival services in the letter.

Im the representative of the file as well, so I received email.

Reactions: rsky and GBH

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
I am bit concerned as my SA status is still in-process for a while now. Everyone on this forum under my timeline as pass medical process step. Seniors please advice what to do in this situation. Who to contact for follow-up? Call center people gives generic answer to wait.

Application Rcvd - 7May
AOR Email Rcvd - 19 July
SA application start date (In-process) - 29 July
SA & PR Status- In-Process

I would really appreciate if anyone here can suggest if this is not normal timeline as they are will working on sponsor application.
Was there any social assistance verification ? Did you ordered GCMS notes?