+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

fjle

Star Member
Jan 15, 2019
Just curious if anyone has a similar experience. My parents based in the UK are just waiting on the DM for PR. They are coming to Canada for Christmas and probably an extended visit as they can stay up to 6 months without a visa. If I as the representative receive notification to submit their passport copies as part of the PPR, does this have to go back to the UK or does it get sent to Mississauga. The CPC is currently in Mississauga. Thanks in advance
Hi Rob
Did you submit your parents residential address as the UK or Canada? If it's the UK the request could come from London.
Our address was shown as within Canada on all the forms we sent so our request came from Mississauga.
Not sure if you'll get the option to submit to Ottawa if the request comes from London, our PPR only gave the options for Canada or USA, but if you do that's the best option.
We were here last summer (2018) whilst our supervisa app was in process and the PPR came for that, it required the passports to be sent to London.
We had our passports couriered to family in the UK who submitted them for us then couriered them back to us in Canada. After that we flagpoles to activate them.

Last edited:

luckymystery

Champion Member
Aug 5, 2011
Saskatchewan
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-07-2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
AOR Received.
AOR on 05-10-11. PER Received on 25-10-11
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
LVO started processing on my file on 04-01-2012
Med's Request
05-1-12 & Recvd on 11-1-12
Med's Done....
20-1-12, received by VO on 09-2-12 & on ecas on 18-02-12
Interview........
Waived :-)
Passport Req..
Step-1 on 05-03-12. Ecas Decision Made on 05-3-12, Step-2 02-5-12
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-12
LANDED..........
July - 12
Please update tracker @YULIA-2016 @robertp @laxsun @jayeshaminnew
Bio-metric letter received via principal applicants email on 12th december 2019
Still sponsorship approval letter not received but bio-metric instruction letter received? does any one had same experience?
furthermore, my parents super-visa bio-metrics still valid and mentioned on Mycic, what to do? should they again submit bio-metrics or request waiver (country Pakistan)
It's mentioned in guide that every time u apply for PR, biometric is required even if ur previous biometric is still valid.
So you need to do it again.

prominjj

Star Member
Jan 24, 2019
hi folks, anyone knows how long I should expect the SA letter to be delivered to me? I saw cic sent it on DEC 9 and I am in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
I would appreciate if anyone knows a rough timeframe. thanks.

robreeves

Jun 24, 2014
Hi Rob
Did you submit your parents residential address as the UK or Canada? If it's the UK the request could come from London.
Our address was shown as within Canada on all the forms we sent so our request came from Mississauga.
Not sure if you'll get the option to submit to Ottawa if the request comes from London, our PPR only gave the options for Canada or USA, but if you do that's the best option.
We were here last summer (2018) whilst our supervisa app was in process and the PPR came for that, it required the passports to be sent to London.
We had our passports couriered to family in the UK who submitted them for us then couriered them back to us in Canada. After that we flagpoles to activate them.
I submitted the application from Canada but i was a representative for them so all the correspondence has come to me here. Right now, their correspondence address is still in London but i could change that through a webform whilst they are staying with me in Canada. Currently, the application is in Mississauga and i've been told by a couple of others that because they are UK citizens, they would only need to submit photocopies of their passports and not the passports themselves. I did also apply for a supervisa but it seems like the london office is taking a LONG time processing anything. My parents have completed their biometrics on both the super visa and the PGP 2019 and they gave completed their medicals and submitted their metropolitan police checks and CV's so it can't be much more to do now.

Feb2004

Feb 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa (OPNP)
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-8-2014
Nomination.....
11-8-2014
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
1-12-2014
Interview........
PCC & RPRF 21-5-2015 (in process);PCC reached 4th June, RPRF paid 5th June.
Passport Req..
DM & PPR 13 Aug
VISA ISSUED...
20 Aug 2015. PP & COPR recd 26-8-2015
LANDED..........
6 Sept 2015
@robertp
Dec 13th Medical Exam passed.

Reactions: robertp

amop

Feb 28, 2014
Medicals - depends on the Doctor's office. Some upload next day or after 10 days
About 30 days - Based on what I read here, 30 days is applicable to all the documents, although we can request for extra time in the email.
I am also in the same boat. Waiting for PCC. It should come in next 5 days, otherwise, i will mention that its under process while sending rest of the docs.
Thanks for the reply.
Medicals were done in Canada so I'm just worried why is it taking such a long time to upload for them ?
And if a retest is to be ordered does it come thru CIC ?
Once they update in IRCC medicals where does it reflect passed ?

JITB

Star Member
Sep 13, 2019
Status changed for PA to application received since the file moved to NDVO from CPC/M, before it was in process. Any one with same status?

Leonora7

Star Member
May 4, 2019
hi folks, anyone knows how long I should expect the SA letter to be delivered to me? I saw cic sent it on DEC 9 and I am in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
I would appreciate if anyone knows a rough timeframe. thanks.
Hi, we are in the same situation as you - awaiting sponsor approved letter but the sponsor will be leaving Canada for a fortnight in the UK over the holiday season. Is the SA letter a hard copy then? In which case no-one will see it until next year!

nimar_023

Star Member
Aug 8, 2014
We were talking about uploading docs to myCIC and she just rushed into giving (unsolicited) advice on the instruction to submit physical copies to Singapore office. Per request letter, we need to send all docs in one envelope to the office. But for the option to upload to myCIC, there are separate upload sections for each applicant, I wouldn't understand why one would merge all files into 1, and upload to which section? Under PA's name? Dep's name?
You are right. Since I couldn't find upload sections for each separate applicants, I sent an email with all the PCCs to Singapore office. They said they received all of them. I can also see "We have received additional documents" notification in Mycic. I think that's okay for now.

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
Hi, we are in the same situation as you - awaiting sponsor approved letter but the sponsor will be leaving Canada for a fortnight in the UK over the holiday season. Is the SA letter a hard copy then? In which case no-one will see it until next year!
Many people have confusions about email/mail issue. Not sure if people put an e-mail address in the below two forms and if it is the same e-mail address and if that e-mail address matched with the REP forms (if one provided).

The SA approval will come to the e-mail address provided in IMM1344.
The BIO, IME etc will go the e-mail address provided in IMM008.

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
Status changed for PA to application received since the file moved to NDVO from CPC/M, before it was in process. Any one with same status?
Ours seem to be almost similar case. I ordered GCMS notes yesterday to know the reasons for file transfer to NDVO during final background check stage.
My file still shows In Process. I got email on 29 Nov that my file would be transferred to NDVO. My Ottawa receiving date is 10 May.
1-What is your Ottawa receiving date?
2-When was your file transferred to NDVO?
3- Do see any new line in e-cas and myCIC? If yes, what is it?

Last edited:

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
just got update today in my CIC account.
Decision made.

My mother visitor visa expire in 10 days and still I didn't renew. but as today it says Decision made so should i renew it or it should be okay because soon will be receive PPR.

Please let me know if anyone has idea.

Thank you
What is your In process date? check Ecas
What is your Medical passed date? check myCIC

Last edited:

carribean

Feb 7, 2013
Hi Everyone, see below... I found this on canadavisa.com regarding the financial requirements for Canada Family Class Sponsorship (which I believe also applies to sponsoring parents and grandparents)... Do you believe this information is possibly outdated?

My understanding was that only the following would be deducted, namely: any provincial allowance received by the sponsor for a program of instruction or training; any social assistance received by the sponsor from a province; any financial assistance received by the sponsor from the Government of Canada under a resettlement assistance program; any amounts paid to the sponsor under the Employment Insurance Act, other than special benefits; any monthly guaranteed income supplement paid to the sponsor under the Old Age Security Act; any Canada child benefit paid to the sponsor under the Income Tax Act.

I am especially concerned with the Workmen's compensation board payments being deducted from the total family income... Could workmen's compensation board payments actually fall within the definition of "social assistance"?

Financial Ability
Family Class Sponsorship for those Residing in Canada (Excluding Quebec)
The Financial requirements for Canada Family Class Sponsorship for those residing in Canada (excluding Quebec) are as follows:

A sponsor must demonstrate a level of income that meets the minimum necessary income or low-income cut-off (LICO) for a given family size, as established by Statistics Canada. The sponsor is freed from this requirement if:

• The individual requiring sponsorship is the spouse, common-law partner, or conjugal partner of the Canadian sponsor; or
  • The individual requiring sponsorship is the dependent child of the Canadian sponsor.
To determine if the sponsor's total income is sufficient, one must deduct the following from the total family income:

• Workmen's compensation board payments, except for permanent disabilities;
  • Payments from provincial or municipal sources for welfare assistance;
  • Payments from federal, provincial, or municipal sources for employment training, or for any social or welfare benefits which are not of a fixed and continuing nature; and
  • All debts.
If the Sponsor is unable to demonstrate a financial ability to provide for the essential needs of the immigrant, his or her spouse, common-law partner, or conjugal partner may act as a co-signer, if:

• Their combined income meets the minimum necessary income; and
  • The co-signer meets all the other sponsorship requirements of a valid sponsor.