+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

nimar_023

Star Member
Aug 8, 2014
Hello, don't know if this question has been asked - when you sponsor both parents and got an update in myCIC that you have passed medical, does it refer to only PA or all sponsored?
I see the same thing. Did you get any reply regarding the dependent's medical status?

GBH

Jul 25, 2014
@GBH what did u end up doing? I am in a very similar situation.
Sorry I saw this now, which country PCC you are waiting for?
We are pursuing the police to get fingerprints done and then will submit application for PCC to Iran embassy, this has already taken up more than 2 months

robreeves

Jun 24, 2014
Just curious if anyone has a similar experience. My parents based in the UK are just waiting on the DM for PR. They are coming to Canada for Christmas and probably an extended visit as they can stay up to 6 months without a visa. If I as the representative receive notification to submit their passport copies as part of the PPR, does this have to go back to the UK or does it get sent to Mississauga. The CPC is currently in Mississauga. Thanks in advance

Irynaken

Star Member
Jul 17, 2019
Medical completed on 12th Nov, ask for few more test thats done on 21st Nov, but still show status

Review of medical resultsHelp - Review of medical results
  • We have requested a medical exam. We will send you a letter or email with details.

any one has idea or any comment ?
exactly the same here

gayfish

Star Member
Jun 17, 2019
Do you have a link to CIC instruction for it?
We were talking about uploading docs to myCIC and she just rushed into giving (unsolicited) advice on the instruction to submit physical copies to Singapore office. Per request letter, we need to send all docs in one envelope to the office. But for the option to upload to myCIC, there are separate upload sections for each applicant, I wouldn't understand why one would merge all files into 1, and upload to which section? Under PA's name? Dep's name?

Empirical-Scientist

Jun 4, 2012
@Empirical-Scientist, just wondering: are your parents in Canada now? I am trying to understand what happens when decision is made in Missisauga, but parents are overseas, and how long it takes.
My parents are in Canada. The passport request letter gives you a buffer of one month. If your parents are traveling, they should obviously come back and send the passports to a CPC in Canada (likely Ottawa) based on the Canadian address provided in their application. If they cannot make it, then they have one month to send their passports to the Canadian consulate or high commission that represents their country of nationality.

Reactions: kisunja and ramko

abpcan

Oct 8, 2019
A few things that i would like to clarify here..
"unless they(parents) are on diff status"

What do you mean by diff status?

can I go on their behalf and apply for pcc?
Status other then Visitor, like student etc where authority may have issued ID.

In order to get PCC - I called BLS and got a list of documents and once I have made documents ready called again to BLS and verified the list. agent offered and I opted for courier service, made a payment for courier. Agent had generated label and picked by purolator later. Note that you need to send fees draft with document.