+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Canada_Super

Star Member
Jan 24, 2015
Congrats
Did you submit birth certificates of parents when

Congrats. Did you submit parents birth certificate as part of additional documents request or only cv,pcc and travel history ?
No . Initially with the application i had sent 10th ,12th & graduation certificates which were notarised .

jay01

Star Member
May 24, 2013
I am wondering that if you pass medical do you get any extra line on ECAS? I do not have access to my CIC account. How long does it take to show update regarding medical on ECAS?

st.alix

Apr 29, 2019
Hi,

I just received my Sponsorship Approval letter. Where do I send the required documentation they requested? Do I send it via email as instructed or do you upload/send it through myCIC?

Docs to send:
* travel history
* resume
* full passport
* police certificate

Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

pgp_ns

Jul 10, 2019
@robertp @YULIA-2016

Please update line no : 50 . Passport with stamped visa and COPR received today. Below are further details.

PPR: Nov 18th
Passport Delivered to Ottawa: Nov 21st
Application approved in CIC : Dec 06th
Passport and COPR received : Dec 12th

Thanks to this forum for providing all necessary information. It helped lot. All the very best to everyone !!

MTLasalle

Star Member
Jun 10, 2019
@Here my Application status changed to "We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you." in on my online account. Also, earlier I use to see a kind of bar line with the expected date to finish processing of the application and now its not there.
What does this mean?
@robertp Your valuable suggestion in this one please?

fortgirl

Jun 22, 2019
I am also May 28 applicant and my file is in process since Oct 15. I am very concerned. I know my husband’s and my income is more than enough to sponser my parents. My husband sponsored me back in 2013 not sure if i am still under financial responsibility or no. Also we moved to 3 different provinces in last 4 years so may be thats taking long time . But i am going to order Gcms notes tomorrow.
Similar boat, May 1st applicant, been in process since Aug 9th....... :(

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Hi,

I just received my Sponsorship Approval letter. Where do I send the required documentation they requested? Do I send it via email as instructed or do you upload/send it through myCIC?

Docs to send:
* travel history
* resume
* full passport
* police certificate

Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
What us the date in the SA letter? Is there LVO stated?
Did you notice your ecas change to In Process? When?
Please tag @YULIA-2016 @robertp @laxsun @jayeshaminnew to update your info in tracker.
It really helps to keep the tracker up to date and also makes the statistics more realistic.

If the documents can be uploaded, you can upload and also send by email.

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
@Here my Application status changed to "We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you." in on my online account. Also, earlier I use to see a kind of bar line with the expected date to finish processing of the application and now its not there.
What does this mean?
@robertp Your valuable suggestion in this one please?
Same message for all applicant.
progress bar removed>> for all (may be system update)

Empirical-Scientist

Jun 4, 2012
The system updates appear to be behind email communications. For instance, application profile shows Decision Made (for two weeks now), with the latest update making no sense ("You passed medical exams in August" -- which was already there, but got a new update date). Yet, we received the passport request via email five days after the DM update (and the disappearance of the progress bar). So, check your emails first!

kisunja

Star Member
Nov 2, 2008
Yet, we received the passport request via email five days after the DM update (and the disappearance of the progress bar). So, check your emails first!
@Empirical-Scientist, just wondering: are your parents in Canada now? I am trying to understand what happens when decision is made in Missisauga, but parents are overseas, and how long it takes.

@YULIA-2016, in your case, was it the Warsaw office that issued the passport request? If your parents lived in Russia at that time, did they submit passports to Warsaw?
(I expected our LO to be Moscow, so its confusing...)
Thanks for any ideas :)