+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

rhonaleen17

Star Member
Apr 1, 2010
Ontario
@rhonaleen17

Hello! I just received PPR today. My mom went home to the Philippines last July, and it was stated on her application that she was going home last July. Her address on ECAS shows the Philippines address too.

On the PPR letter, it is indicated to send the passport to CPC-Ottawa address.

How do I submit her passport? Do I need to inform CIC thru webform to provide me the mailing address for LVO-Manila?

Any thoughts will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
Yes you have to send a webform and ask for instruction letter to submit the passport on the location where your mom which is Philippines. It took me almost 2 months before my father got the instruction letter to send to VAC Manila. I already got the 1st PPR last October. Then I sent 5 webforms and called them too and said same thing they forwarded it to the concerned office. So yes just send them the webform and wait.

jay01

Star Member
May 24, 2013
Does anyone know that once you do medical do you get any notification on ECAS status? I am not talking about my CIC. If yes then generally how long does it take to appear medical passed on ECAS

Thank you in advance

Empirical-Scientist

Jun 4, 2012
Update from my side:

1. Application received by CPC-M: 2019.05.09
  2. Biometrics given: 2019.08.21 (in Seattle, WA)
  3. Medicals passed: 2019.08.20 (in Vancouver, BC)
  4. Family relationship proof requested on 2019.10.21 - I resubmitted whatever I had previously submitted -- they accepted the same document (photocopy).
  5. Passport request issued on 2019.12.02 - submitted passports the following day to CPC - Ottawa, since my parents are staying here on a visitor's visa.
Question: When we receive the passports with the COPRs, do we really have to go through the rather idiotic flag-pole process, or are there more sensible ways of, well, landing?

Sparkling

Star Member
May 13, 2015
Yes you have to send a webform and ask for instruction letter to submit the passport on the location where your mom which is Philippines. It took me almost 2 months before my father got the instruction letter to send to VAC Manila. I already got the 1st PPR last October. Then I sent 5 webforms and called them too and said same thing they forwarded it to the concerned office. So yes just send them the webform and wait.
Thank you for your reply!

I will send them a webform. It always takes time for them to reply, but I’m not complaining.
At least we are on the last stage of this journey.

DarKnight

Feb 26, 2011
Hi Folks,

For those who got PPR and got it stamped... How long did it take to get the Passport back from the VO after the submission?.

@robertp - I tried to look for the stats on PPR to Passport Back in Hand, but couldn't find it. Maybe you can guide me where I can find that info.?

Thanks guys.

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
Hi Folks,

For those who got PPR and got it stamped... How long did it take to get the Passport back from the VO after the submission?.

@robertp - I tried to look for the stats on PPR to Passport Back in Hand, but couldn't find it. Maybe you can guide me where I can find that info.?

Thanks guys.
There is no stats in tracker but check comment last column if user inform we added in comments . 2-3 week to get back Passport with CORP.

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
@rhonaleen17

Hello! I just received PPR today. My mom went home to the Philippines last July, and it was stated on her application that she was going home last July. Her address on ECAS shows the Philippines address too.

On the PPR letter, it is indicated to send the passport to CPC-Ottawa address.

How do I submit her passport? Do I need to inform CIC thru webform to provide me the mailing address for LVO-Manila?

Any thoughts will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
Does the PPR ask you to send your mom's original passport to Ottawa?
If yes, why don't you ask your mom to courier her passport to your address or Ottawa?
I was thinking if you ask CIC to change the address to Manila, there may be delay in stamping her passport.
This is what I am thinking but I have not been to that stage. If I were you, I will send her passport from my address to Ottawa with Canadian return address.
May be @rhonaleen17 can advise better on this.

Last edited:

Mississauga-Applicant

Jun 17, 2019
Hi, can anyone please answer these question for me:

1. How many years of history do I need to provide in the travel history form?
2. Are all the applicants asked to submit a resume?
3. Are all the applicants asked to submit copies of the passports?

Any reply will be greatly appreciated. Thank you