+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Hi, can anyone please answer these question for me:

1. How many years of history do I need to provide in the travel history form?
2. Are all the applicants asked to submit a resume?
3. Are all the applicants asked to submit copies of the passports?

Any reply will be greatly appreciated. Thank you
If you have received generic letter from CPC-M, the following post may help:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/parents-and-grandparents-sponsorship-2019.611761/page-1560#post-8198912

Reactions: bdidol

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
Hi, can anyone please answer these question for me:

1. How many years of history do I need to provide in the travel history form?
2. Are all the applicants asked to submit a resume?
3. Are all the applicants asked to submit copies of the passports?

Any reply will be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Chk the link in the above comment..also the form mentioned how many yrs of history you need

Reactions: laxsun

Mandriva

Jun 19, 2014
@robertp @YULIA-2016 @laxsun
Please update my record. Ecas status changed to "Medical results have been received."

I am still collecting all the extra documents which were requested in the sponsorship approval letter. Hopefully in a week or so it will be all ready.
Do people usually email them all at once or in batches for the applicant and dependents or as documents become available?
Thanks.

Reactions: robertp

Sparkling

Star Member
May 13, 2015
Does the PPR ask you to send your mom's original passport to Ottawa?
If yes, why don't you ask your mom to courier her passport to your address or Ottawa?
I was thinking if you ask CIC to change the address to Manila, there may be delay in stamping her passport.
This is what I am thinking but I have not been to that stage. If I were you, I will send her passport from my address to Ottawa with Canadian return address.
May be @rhonaleen17 can advise better on this.
Yes, it says on the letter to send it to Ottawa.
It also says to include a return envelope with a Canadian return address, so it's not possible for her to send it directly to Ottawa.
I am contemplating between my mom sending her passport to me here in Canada or send a webform inquiry and wait for the instruction letter to send it to LVO-Manila.

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Yes, it says on the letter to send it to Ottawa.
It also says to include a return envelope with a Canadian return address, so it's not possible for her to send it directly to Ottawa.
I am contemplating between my mom sending her passport to me here in Canada or send a webform inquiry and wait for the instruction letter to send it to LVO-Manila.
If you are not in rush, you can ask CIC to change the address to Manila.
Otherwise it will be faster if your mom send her passport to you or Ottawa with the
Canadian return address. It will cost little bit more but it will be faster.

Reactions: Sparkling

Sparkling

Star Member
May 13, 2015
If you are not in rush, you can ask CIC to change the address to Manila.
Otherwise it will be faster if your mom send her passport to you or Ottawa with the
Canadian return address. It will cost little bit more but it will be faster.
Thank you!
Need to think through this :)

hssandhu19

May 2, 2019
Hey Guys - Quick Questions. Do we get the Biometric request first or the medical request. I did receive the Biometric request for my parents but have not received the medicals request

fjle

Star Member
Jan 15, 2019
Hi Folks,

For those who got PPR and got it stamped... How long did it take to get the Passport back from the VO after the submission?.

@robertp - I tried to look for the stats on PPR to Passport Back in Hand, but couldn't find it. Maybe you can guide me where I can find that info.?

Thanks guys.
It took 15 days from sending our passports to receiving them back.

nesds6969

Sep 11, 2019
hello folks! Not sure if it was answered earlier, but here's what I hope to clarify with your help:
- sponsoring both parents
- last week, just my mother has received the medical exam invitation (she's the main sponsored person)

Is this normal that the father didn't receive any letter? Should we just proceed with my mom's exam or is there any way to inquire about my father's exam too? Or is it all OK since he's not the main sponsored person?

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
hello folks! Not sure if it was answered earlier, but here's what I hope to clarify with your help:
- sponsoring both parents
- last week, just my mother has received the medical exam invitation (she's the main sponsored person)

Is this normal that the father didn't receive any letter? Should we just proceed with my mom's exam or is there any way to inquire about my father's exam too? Or is it all OK since he's not the main sponsored person?
call CIC
CIC Phone # 1888-242-2100. Option 1 for EN & 2-1-3-0.

Reactions: nesds6969

nesds6969

Sep 11, 2019
call CIC
CIC Phone # 1888-242-2100. Option 1 for EN & 2-1-3-0.
Thanks, will do!

Forgive my ignorance, but should the dependant be receiving any email correspondence at all from CIC or should it go solely to the primary applicant (and also the sponsor)? I'm just trying to understand where to expect the medical exam invitation for the dependant (father). Thanks!