+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

chaalubaba

Apr 30, 2019
Dec 6 is date in SA letter.
Mississauga office
No bar code, it say :please note that the following documentation is required for your sponsored family members. If not already included in your application, please obtain and submit as soon as possible: "
Passport/Travel Document:
Biometrics (if applicable)
Police Certificate:
Your Travels (IMM 5562)
CV/Resume

Those are things mentioned, so medical....that's what worry me as if it's a glitch OR its normal..

When is your decision made date in SA letter?
Where is your LVO?
Did you receive bar coded biometrics requisition letter?
Any other additional documents requested?

Reactions: laxsun

IN_true_north

Dec 4, 2019
please use template

Please tag @YULIA-2016 @robertp @laxsun @jayeshaminnew to add / update your info in tracker
  • Line # in tracker: NA
  • Sponsored People: 2
  • Parents Country of Citizenship: India
  • Sponsor Province: BC
  • Invitations Receive Date: Apr 26
  • Application received in Ottawa Date: June 25
  • AoR Received (DATE): Dec 9
  • Ecas Status for Sponsorship Application: Application Received
  • Ecas Status for PR Application: Application Received
  • Sponsorship In process Date:
  • Sponsorship Decision Made Date:
  • Local Visa Office :
  • Biometric request :
  • MyCIC update:
  • IME request :
  • PCC request:
  • Additional document / travel history request date :
  • Comment / additional information :

Reactions: robertp

idefix

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2014
Hi,

Were you able to track your mom's passport
Did they notify you when sent the passport back
Hello! They did not notify us. However, when you send the passport you have to send an empty return envelope with it. So, we wrote down the tracking code of the returning envelope and then everyday I checked Canada Posts' website to see if they had posted it back. Once they posted it, then I subscribed for notifications in Canada Post website and they sent me an email when the parcel was out for delivery :)

respect2019

Jan 29, 2019
Hi Folks
I need you help. I received a request from CIC about asking cv/resume.

I got to know that in Scheduled background form ; employment history …………
it was mentioned in instruction to enter info since 18 years or last 10 year.. whichever is recent,

I put
1986- present as lab manger for my parents

but in resume they asked for since 18 years.

actual position for my parents is
1986 to 2010 - lab technician
2010 to present - lab manager

Now i am confuse ..what to do?

Julyapplicant

Sep 14, 2013
Hi,
I am sponsoring my parents who currently live in India. I received a letter from CIC that my sponsorship has been accepted. In the letter they wanted me to check out the country specific requirements and for India birth certificate is a requirement. My parents do not have their birth certificates. Is this a requirement or is there any other alternative that I could produce?

Feb2004

Feb 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa (OPNP)
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-8-2014
Nomination.....
11-8-2014
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
1-12-2014
Interview........
PCC & RPRF 21-5-2015 (in process);PCC reached 4th June, RPRF paid 5th June.
Passport Req..
DM & PPR 13 Aug
VISA ISSUED...
20 Aug 2015. PP & COPR recd 26-8-2015
LANDED..........
6 Sept 2015
In the generic letter, they have asked for details of military service of the applicant. The applicant had a short service military record and later on longer service in Railway Protection Force, which is a type of police service under the govt. of India. Should we fill two separate forms to send the details for both service types?

chaalubaba

Apr 30, 2019
Hello All,
Seems like I rushed to book appointment for my parents Biometrics based on SA letter. They just went to do biometric but officer told them they would need separate letter requesting Biometric from CIC.Se seems like although SA letter mentioned about additional documents but they will send separate letter for Biometrics.
I will appreciate if experts on this forum can tell me if I am correct Or wrong.
Many Thanks!

gerjit2019

Jan 30, 2019
Hi,

When dependents are under 22 year of age and are involved in the sponsorship (half-siblings), is financial obligation for 20 years until they reach 22 years or 25 years.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1355&top=14.

Clarification is much appreciated.
Does the 20 years below refer to the co-signer or for all individuals included in the sponsorship i.e. dependent child ?

Undertaking length for parents and grandparents sponsorship
Your obligations as a sponsor and as a co-signer, if applicable, begin when your family members included in the sponsorship undertaking become permanent residents of Canada.

When you sponsor a parent or a grandparent, the undertaking is valid for 20 years, and for all persons included in the sponsorship undertaking.

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
Hello All,
Seems like I rushed to book appointment for my parents Biometrics based on SA letter. They just went to do biometric but officer told them they would need separate letter requesting Biometric from CIC.Se seems like although SA letter mentioned about additional documents but they will send separate letter for Biometrics.
I will appreciate if experts on this forum can tell me if I am correct Or wrong.
Many Thanks!
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/parents-and-grandparents-sponsorship-2019.611761/page-1560#post-8198912