+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
Can anyone confirm if Parents that arrive to Canada under this program are able to apply for Child Care Benefits?

I am under the impression they can't get welfare since the Sponsor is responsible for that piece however not exactly sure what they get if anything?
CCB is not welfare and it is determined by CRA automatically based on your income. The same goes to GST/HST credits. Parents have to submit income tax returns to be eligible for this.

Welfare is when they apply for social assistance or subsidized housing etc.

Reactions: takinghits16

Irynaken

Star Member
Jul 17, 2019
Anyone know how long it takes to see update on my cic after the medical is completed . It has been almost 2 weeks since medical completed but no update
Same here. Some people see them update their file a week later. For some this process goes all the way to 4-5 weeks.

Reactions: Rav.d

Pearl1

Mar 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CCB is not welfare and it is determined by CRA automatically based on your income. The same goes to GST/HST credits. Parents have to submit income tax returns to be eligible for this.

Welfare is when they apply for social assistance or subsidized housing etc.
does student assistance count as social assistance ?

i am sponsoring my parents but want to apply for OSAP ( Ontario Student Assistance Program )

if i apply for osap and take loan and grant, will it impact my sponsorship application ? I can make sense for loan but not about the grants.

kkim604

Apr 27, 2010
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Korea
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
looks like they started on June 19th arrivals...
took them like 2 weeks to finish June 18th(first entry to tracker was on Nov 5th)? omg....

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Hello,

Please help me with this: With SA letter i received request to submit passport copy. it says like this:

Passport/Travel Document: Your relative must submit a copy of their passport. If your relative's passport has expired or will expire within the next 12 months, please have them apply for and submit a copy of their new passport with a validity of 12 months or more. Please ensure to include all pages of the passport.

1. question is, I have to submit all pages including empty ones? or only the ones with stamps?
2. I know most of you already submitted this. Can you please help me with this? Have you submitted pdf's with separate pages or as 1 file?

Thank you
Didn't the instruction (you quoted above) say all pages.
Better to send one pdf file of multiple pages.

Daisy2018

Star Member
Mar 20, 2018
My additional documents uploaded October 24th, and I’m still waiting for any updates, LVO is Mississauga, anyone? This office normally takes way less time to process, almost a month now, idk what to think....

Reactions: chandra415