+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
Hello Everyone, I am pretty new to this platform. The application was received on June 25, 2019. Would anyone be able to provide details pertaining to the processing time? Also, can I have access to the tracker to update the details, please?

Thank you
PGP2019 tracker

Please tag @YULIA-2016 and @robertp to add / update your info in tracker
  • Line # in tracker: if applicable
  • Sponsored People:
  • Parents Country of Citizenship:
  • Sponsor Province:
  • Invitations Receive Date:
  • Application received in Ottawa Date:
  • AoR Received (DATE):
  • Ecas Status for Sponsorship appl. and PR appl.:
  • Sponsorship In process Date:
  • Sponsor ship Decision Made Date:
  • Biometric request date :
  • MyCIC update:
  • IME / PCC / travel history request date :
  • Comment :

Reactions: idefix

idefix

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2014
Hi @robertp! I realized there is a typo on my info, it says I received document request on September 4th but I didn't receive any document request.

Line: 191

I saw that last year Mexico LVO took up to 6 months to request IME after decision made for sponsor :( not sure if last year's correlates with this year's processing times, but I hope they will be quicker this year. My application status on Ecas is still showing "Application Receive" for applicant.

Thank you!

Reactions: robertp

krisbalar

Feb 14, 2019
Please update @YULIA-2016 and @robertp
Line # in tracker: 184
Sponsored People: Parents
Parents Country of Citizenship: Albania
Sponsor Province: Ontario
Invitations Receive Date: April 25th
Application received in Ottawa Date: May 10th
AoR Received (DATE): September 9th
Ecas Status for Sponsorship appl. and PR appl.:
Sponsorship In process Date:
Sponsor ship Decision Made Date:
Biometric request date : Biometric fees letter on September 16th
MyCIC update:
IME / PCC / travel history request date :
Comment :

Thank you!

Reactions: robertp

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
London, ON
Hi guys!
I'm May 9 applicant and my application became in process since July 26 and no progress afterwards.
I was on the phone with CIC today and the agent confirmed that as shown on my CIC account, my background check is still in process.

I wonder if other applicants who are stuck in process like me (longer than other applicants) see the same status on their myCIC account?

Does CIC check background for both the sponsor as well as parents+dep at this stage? This is what the call center agent told me but doesn't make sense!

Thank you!
I am also stuck since Aug 08. (May 10th)
And I don’t have anything in mycic except “we are processing your background check”
But wasn’t this just a standard message, as at this point I don’t think they will be checking PA/dependent’s background. And the mycic account should only have updates about the sponsored persons and not us the sponsors.

I also called cic last week and was told that its a 20-24 months process, at this moment nothing is required from me and just asked me to check the status online etc, whenever they need something they will send correspondence.

God knows whats happening with our file, i would not bother if I would not need my parents to come here soon, that’s why i am getting anxious and waiting for the biometrics request so that they can finish bio and come here.

Lets hope and pray that we get some update this week :)

padillag.tati

Star Member
Jul 12, 2019
Once ecas says application received, is that means is it complete??? Tia
From what I was told today, yes. This is in terms of the general forms and documents everyone needs to submit. If after an agent starts reviewing your application they decide they need more documents (e.g. divorce certificate, military history) those can still be requested while the application is being processed.

Reactions: WaterFamily

Roya-FSW

Aug 7, 2013
I am also stuck since Aug 08. (May 10th)
And I don’t have anything in mycic except “we are processing your background check”
But wasn’t this just a standard message, as at this point I don’t think they will be checking PA/dependent’s background. And the mycic account should only have updates about the sponsored persons and not us the sponsors.

I also called cic last week and was told that its a 20-24 months process, at this moment nothing is required from me and just asked me to check the status online etc, whenever they need something they will send correspondence.

God knows whats happening with our file, i would not bother if I would not need my parents to come here soon, that’s why i am getting anxious and waiting for the biometrics request so that they can finish bio and come here.

Lets hope and pray that we get some update this week :)
That's what exactly they told me when I called last week.
Today the lady said they do BG check for both sponsor and PR applicants at this stage...

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
Oh ok.
Did she give you any idea how long it might take?
The background check (criminal & security) is done by processing application where your education and experience credentials are from - this task verifies your claims and authenticity of documents.

The security check is done by Canadian intelligence and security agencies, with or without the cooperation of proper authorities in countries you lived/stayed in, and it is done completely independently from IRCC - IRCC only gets the result, which will be positive or negative, without any explanation (as it is classified). This task looks deep into your life(LinkedIn Facebook), activities and associations to find out if you are/were involved or are/were associated in any way with anyone who is/was involved in espionage, terrorism, organized crime, radical movements, crimes against humanity, war crimes, etc..

The criminal check looks into your police certificates and verifies with relevant countries to see if you have a criminal record that may make you inadmissible to Canada.