+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
What do I have to do when my parents divorce while application is in progress?
you have to inform CIC with Divorce certificate, and CIC will guide you what to do next.
(if you want to sponsor both parents after divorce you have to submit 2 separate application for each one. )

SN226655

Star Member
Aug 3, 2018
you have to inform CIC with Divorce certificate, and CIC will guide you what to do next.
(if you want to sponsor both parents after divorce you have to submit 2 separate application for each one. )
Does that mean that I have to withdraw the current one?

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
I want to submit PCC proactively as my parents already have these. Can someone guide, how to do it? E-mail to Mississauga, thru webform or upload thru myCIC?

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
Does that mean that I have to withdraw the current one?
Your file is still not in process so first wait for your file #.

as i mention on previous reply, ask CIC what to do next if you want to sponsor BOTH parents OR if you want to sponsor only 1 , how to process.
in your case there is 1 dep. also. so make sure you ask CIC and they will reply you.

I don't think I can comment on this as this is not routine process. better ask to CIC with your next plan.
You will decide to sponsor All 3 ( both parents + 1 Dep ) , or only 1 or 2 person. and CIC guide you as per your request.

Nav2132

Sep 14, 2013
Brampton ON
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-06-2014
Nomination.....
04-10-2014
Med's Request
21-11-2014
Med's Done....
29-11-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-02-2015
LANDED..........
10-02-2015
wait for Sponsorship Approval letter to know your LVO. let us know.
I updated comment in your line # 259
hi
I Got my SA letter Yesterday.
it says processing will be at CPC-M.

thanks

Reactions: robertp

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
Hey everyone please advise! My parents are in China, but I am their representative and I live in Canada. For the application, I put their Chinese address as their residential address and my address as the mailing address so that I can get all the relevant mail. I just got the sponsorship approval letter in the email yesterday and their file has been transferred to Mississauga instead of Hong Kong. Will this affect their application in any way (other than processing time, I read in our forum that Mississauga is slow but I am ok with that)? I just don't want to receive a email months later saying oops your file went to the wrong place we're gunna transfer it again and delay everything.:( Thanks guys!
No, there won't be any negative impact on your parents application process. If they picked Mississauga then it will remain the processing office till your parents get their PR confirmation. Good Luck!

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
I want to submit PCC proactively as my parents already have these. Can someone guide, how to do it? E-mail to Mississauga, thru webform or upload thru myCIC?
I don't think that will be a good idea! Even if you provide it proactively, the IRCC officer can still ask for it when its needed.

serg777

Jun 4, 2019
Hi all,

I have a question about the AOR letter. My father's name is the only one listed in the letter. I both sponsored my father and mother.
Is this okay? Maybe because my father is the principal applicant and my mother as the dependent?

Thanks