+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Progress update:

Sent application around first week of May.

Finished Biometrics and just passed medicals!

Currently waiting for police clearance certificate request from IRCC. Should we start preparing those police certificates or is IRCC letter required to get a police certificate?
no. wait for the letter from IRCC

Reactions: member1793562

b_ava

Jan 24, 2019
Progress update:

Currently waiting for police clearance certificate request from IRCC. Should we start preparing those police certificates or is IRCC letter required to get a police certificate?
Did they ask for the bio-metric and medical at the same time? I have just received the request for biometric

kwinkal

Star Member
Nov 23, 2012
Progress update:

You dont need IRCC letter to get PCC but it gets expired after 6 months so better to wait.

Reactions: member1793562

robreeves

Jun 24, 2014
I agree with you... how come the BG check takes around a week for most applicants and about 2 months for us? I really feel the problem is the officer who has our application!

this has happened once to me about 6 years ago when I applied for my mom visa for the first time. It was under BG check for over 6 months and when I emailed them and complained about it she received PPR the day after my request...
It happened to me when i was applying for my passport. It was just stuck in processing for my security check and took an extra couple of months but it came through eventually.

Reactions: calgary17

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
London, ON
I agree with you... how come the BG check takes around a week for most applicants and about 2 months for us? I really feel the problem is the officer who has our application!

this has happened once to me about 6 years ago when I applied for my mom visa for the first time. It was under BG check for over 6 months and when I emailed them and complained about it she received PPR the day after my request...
Even i think the same, a user @hallieliu was stuck in process for 3 months since June 12th.
S/he Ordered gcms also and in that it said eligibility met, pending final review.
So in that case it was the CO who just left the file for a final review for 2-3 months.

Reactions: ZOYAMAN13

Roya-FSW

Aug 7, 2013
Even i think the same, a user @hallieliu was stuck in process for 3 months since June 12th.
S/he Ordered gcms also and in that it said eligibility met, pending final review.
So in that case it was the CO who just left the file for a final review for 2-3 months.
The call center lady today told me that my eligibility review has not even been started due to pending BG check! but myCIC says eligibility review is in process

Reactions: calgary17

member1793562

Star Member
Jan 23, 2019
I have no idea... Neither me nor my parents have any flagging thing on our employment history even my dad has no military service.

I guess BG check for parents should be done after collecting biometrics...

I just hope we get the approval before the election!

Don't WORRY about the election! They cannot change decisions that were made previously. They can only change rules moving forward. Anyone who got approval letters from IRCC are safe!

qjzhou

May 4, 2016
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have no idea... Neither me nor my parents have any flagging thing on our employment history even my dad has no military service.

I guess BG check for parents should be done after collecting biometrics...

I just hope we get the approval before the election!
My parents' case was stuck in IP since July 30, the application was received in Apr 30. The BG check showed in progress when I was able to link to MyCIC. I think that is the system standard. It does not make sense to do BG check for the sponsors. Believe or not, do not even call CIC because the agent does not know much more than you. They only tell you what you are able to see on your system, ECAS and MyCIC. I'll just try my best to keep patient, nothing else we can do unfortunately.