+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

b_ava

Jan 24, 2019
Hello everyone. I have a question. I received AOR last night. Now I received another email asking my parents to do bio-metric within next 30 days! Can you tell me when usually they ask for medical? I live in Quebec. i am wondering why they did not ask the medical an bio at the same time. Thanks for your reply

TRT 17

Jun 13, 2012
Hi All ,

This is very helpful platform

i submitted (2019 invitation) application for my parents (Currently in India). it was delivered on 27th June 2019 , received by SCI Martin something ( Last date to submit was 29th June 2019) but i didn't receive anything for my application , no update as no email , no mail .
1. i tried to find online about check status <not found>
2. I tried to call there , no luck , as they need application number which i don,t have

What should i do here ?

Last edited:

joyus

Star Member
Jul 12, 2019
You were lucky to get a spot....don't look at the glass as half empty always.
I completely agree I was lucky to get a spot, but was not just luck, worked really hard to get the application out on Apr 30th and to me I have a pretty straight forward application, but there is always this "each application" is different. Really there is no logical explanation why some go ahead quicker or maybe I ran out of luck!

nonamejustfame

May 10, 2019
Hi All ,

This is very helpful platform

i submitted (2019 invitation) application for my parents (Currently in India). it was delivered on 27th June 2019 , received by SCI Martin something ( Last date to submit was 29th June 2019) but i didn't receive anything for my application , no update as no email , no mail .
1. i tried to find online about check status <not found>
2. I tried to call there , no luck , as they need application number which i don,t have

What should i do here ?
Just wait for a month or two.

TRT 17

Jun 13, 2012
Hi experts,
I called CIC couple times and they are saying that file have been received and provided me temporary file number starting with X but I can’t open ECAS.
File was received on May 31st.

How long should I wage for email notification?

Thanks
hi
What telephone options you use to reach at Operator ?

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
I completely agree I was lucky to get a spot, but was not just luck, worked really hard to get the application out on Apr 30th and to me I have a pretty straight forward application, but there is always this "each application" is different. Really there is no logical explanation why some go ahead quicker or maybe I ran out of luck!
Check in the previous page about the BG info I posted. It is very different for each person due to the number of factors involved in the BG process.

Roya-FSW

Aug 7, 2013
The fact that some people get a decision made within a couple of days makes me think that our applications are just sitting on someone's desk in a pile of other applications
I agree with you... how come the BG check takes around a week for most applicants and about 2 months for us? I really feel the problem is the officer who has our application!

this has happened once to me about 6 years ago when I applied for my mom visa for the first time. It was under BG check for over 6 months and when I emailed them and complained about it she received PPR the day after my request...

member1793562

Star Member
Jan 23, 2019
Progress update:

Sent application around first week of May.

Finished Biometrics and just passed medicals!

Currently waiting for police clearance certificate request from IRCC. Should we start preparing those police certificates or is IRCC letter required to get a police certificate?

Reactions: kwinkal