+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Janet2011

Jul 29, 2019
She has been in Canada for the past year on Supervisa, and she is still here. We will probably be making the landing at one of the land crossings giving that she has a U.S. visa too. I believe the key to be exempted from biometrics is that applicant needs to be in Canada when applying. My PCC indeed came before SA, which I think my vo did me a huge favour and sped things up. I was also surprised but I am not going to complain of course. Your mom doesn't need to go back to China. For my case, I asked a relative in China to be the representative for the applicant (need to give the person a signed letter of the appointment of course), then relative applied everything through the Public Notary Office. You will receive a letter telling you how to obtain the PCC in China. Depending on your city, it can be easy or much harder. Mine took less than a week from gathering original from the police to have the notarized/translated copy on hand.
Thank you so much! @DC1018.
How did you submit the PCC? by mailing original one or just scanned and emailed?

angel.ria

May 21, 2013
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-July-2014
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
Nomination.....
10-Nov-2014
AOR Received.
10-Nov-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
10-Nov-2014
Med's Request
18-June-2015
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
@YULIA-2016, please update this in tracker:
Line#32

AOR Received: 11-July
Biometrics Request: 31-July
Sponsorship Status: Decision Made
DM on Sponsorship: 1-Aug
PR Status: In Process

Thanks

idefix

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2014
Hi @YULIA-2016 @robertp!

I got a call from CIC this morning! The call lasted less than 2 minutes. The agent said that she was calling from Citizenship and Immigration Canada and asked me to confirm my mom's first and last name. After that, she asked if my mom had left Canada since we submitted the forms and if she was still in Canada. I confirmed that yes, that my mom hasn't left Canada and that she is on a SuperVisa with a letter of extension valid until early next year. Then the CIC agent said that it was all she needed to know and wished me a nice day! :)

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
Hi @YULIA-2016 @robertp!

I got a call from CIC this morning! The call lasted less than 2 minutes. The agent said that she was calling from Citizenship and Immigration Canada and asked me to confirm my mom's first and last name. After that, she asked if my mom had left Canada since we submitted the forms and if she was still in Canada. I confirmed that yes, that my mom hasn't left Canada and that she is on a SuperVisa with a letter of extension valid until early next year. Then the CIC agent said that it was all she needed to know and wished me a nice day! :)
might its for Bio . in that case they will not issue Bio.....Have a nice day :)

Reactions: idefix

angel.ria

May 21, 2013
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-July-2014
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
Nomination.....
10-Nov-2014
AOR Received.
10-Nov-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
10-Nov-2014
Med's Request
18-June-2015
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting

danny_scars

Aug 1, 2017
BC
I am following it.
You, the sponsor (and your co-signer, if applicable) must prove that you have enough income to support all the persons you’ll be financially responsible for, including yourself, once you become a sponsor.

I will not be responsible for my dad financially as he is canadian citizen and has more income than I do
Unfortunately, that's not quite how it works.
Two years ago, I was pissed to have to include my (now) husband on the count because he too is a canadian citizen and at the time didn't want to sponsor my mom - which only made meeting eligibility criteria harder.
I thought to myself, great: I am dating this guy who would never be dependent of me as he was born here, and now I have to wait another couple of years to meet eligibility criteria with him added on my family count.

Now that we are married and with a kid, things changed but yeah, I was quite frustrated at the time. It doesn't seem fair to have to add citizens to your family size but hey.. life isn't fair sometimes.. lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Canada_Super

danny_scars

Aug 1, 2017
BC
Hi guys,

I have sent the application for my parents' PGP sponsorship on May-28. G MARTIN received it in Ottawa at that date. However, I haven't yet got the Application received (AOR) letter. How long should I wait? Is there a number that I could reach them to question? Please let me know. I'm kindda nervous that some of you all have already received a passport request, and I haven't even got application received confirmation.

Thanks
They are overloaded, I'd give it some time. Canada post tracking of my app confirms delivery on may 03 and yesterday I finally got my aor saying they rcvd my app may 16.
As long as u know it has been delivered - save canada post tracking number, give it time.. they will get to it. ;)

Reactions: FuchheKeta

canadaDreamz14

Star Member
Sep 8, 2014
canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20-05-2014
Med's Request
04-11-2014
Med's Done....
14-11-2014
Interview........
Waived with god's grace!
Passport Req..
26-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
08-03-2015
Hi @YULIA-2016 @robertp!

wow, quite interesting!!

Reactions: idefix