+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I agree with counting 5. But don't misguide someone by saying ex spouses/partners are counted too. Go back to the guide and read carefully.
Didn’t say ex spouses. If parents are divorced you must count their new spouses or common law partners,

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018

canadaDreamz14

Star Member
Sep 8, 2014
canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20-05-2014
Med's Request
04-11-2014
Med's Done....
14-11-2014
Interview........
Waived with god's grace!
Passport Req..
26-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
08-03-2015
Reactions: DC1018

mpsb07

May 27, 2019
I am following it.
You, the sponsor (and your co-signer, if applicable) must prove that you have enough income to support all the persons you’ll be financially responsible for, including yourself, once you become a sponsor.

I will not be responsible for my dad financially as he is canadian citizen and has more income than I do
I read the links, pretty tricky. I do believe you do not need to add him in your calculations as

- He is already a Canadian Citizen and hence would be paying his taxes which would indicate he does not depend on you
-IMM008 under section dependents states : "You must list all family members in your application for permanent residence, whether they are accompanying you to Canada or not. You must include your spouse or common-law partner, if applicable, and all of your dependent children, and those of your spouse or common-law partner, who are not already permanent residents or Canadian citizens". The last line says you only add those people who are not PR or citizens of Canada.

Depends now on what has the visa officer has requested from you.

Elena2015

Star Member
Jan 5, 2017
I read the links, pretty tricky. I do believe you do not need to add him in your calculations as

- He is already a Canadian Citizen and hence would be paying his taxes which would indicate he does not depend on you
-IMM008 under section dependents states : "You must list all family members in your application for permanent residence, whether they are accompanying you to Canada or not. You must include your spouse or common-law partner, if applicable, and all of your dependent children, and those of your spouse or common-law partner, who are not already permanent residents or Canadian citizens". The last line says you only add those people who are not PR or citizens of Canada.

Depends now on what has the visa officer has requested from you.
  • IMM 0008: The Principal Applicant and all applicable dependents (including your
    spouse), whether accompanying or not, must be listed on the IMM0008. One or more of Immigration, Refugees Immigration, Réfugiés
  • and Citizenship Canada et Citoyenneté Canada
    your dependents is not listed on the IMM0008. Please provide a newly completed
    IMM0008 listing the Principal Applicant and all dependents (including your spouse),
    whether accompanying or not. If you require additional space to declare dependents
    please use the IMM0008DEP (version 10-2018) form.
    You must submit the most recent version of this form (06-2019).
    https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/im

garcha123

Jun 24, 2019
Hi guys,

I have sent the application for my parents' PGP sponsorship on May-28. G MARTIN received it in Ottawa at that date. However, I haven't yet got the Application received (AOR) letter. How long should I wait? Is there a number that I could reach them to question? Please let me know. I'm kindda nervous that some of you all have already received a passport request, and I haven't even got application received confirmation.

Thanks
Mine was also recieved on the same day and i have not yet received the AOR. I am waiting. May be next week we can get something.... My file was also received by the same person G. Martin

WPG_PR

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
I am following it.
You, the sponsor (and your co-signer, if applicable) must prove that you have enough income to support all the persons you’ll be financially responsible for, including yourself, once you become a sponsor.

I will not be responsible for my dad financially as he is canadian citizen and has more income than I do
Yes, you don't have to count him, just need to mention him in the form. Some people are so negative and without knowing the facts say anything like "you are not eligible". Don't worry, do your own research and send the form again by mentioning your dad. Good luck. If cic thinks you are ineligible, they will send your application back anyways!! Good Luck

Elena2015

Star Member
Jan 5, 2017
Yes, you don't have to count him, just need to mention him in the form. Some people are so negative and without knowing the facts say anything like "you are not eligible". Don't worry, do your own research and send the form again by mentioning your dad. Good luck. If cic thinks you are ineligible, they will send your application back anyways!! Good Luck
If I will mention my dad in the form, the calculator form that I send will be invalid. But if I will change family size into 5 ppl, I will not be eligible to apply

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Still believe you have to include both parents in the family size. We are missing some other information though since the father has somehow become a citizen but can not sponsor his wife,.

Janet2011

Jul 29, 2019
@DC1018
Congrats! Seems like your MIL was not asked to do biometrics. Is it because she is in Canada now? Did she have to go back to China to do PCC? Why was your PCC request on June 25th but SA on July 4th? Was it a typo?
I'm asking because I'd like to know if my parents have to go back to China to do biometrics or PCC. I just got SA and am expecting the next possible step. Thanks!

WPG_PR

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
If I will mention my dad in the form, the calculator form that I send will be invalid. But if I will change family size into 5 ppl, I will not be eligible to apply
if you just mention him in the form, your family size won't change. There is a field saying something like "dependent accompanying principle applicant to canada", you have to say no there and give reason as "He is already canadian citizen and other reasons why he can't sponsor..." If your dad is working then you can include his income as well!!

Reactions: mpsb07
R

Ron_13

Didn’t say ex spouses. If parents are divorced you must count their new spouses or common law partners,
Do your parents have other spouses or common law partners? If so they also need to be added.
Well with that kind of a statement there are more than one meaning coming out lol. Either someone has new spouse after divorce or talking about ex spouses or having more than one spouse at that same time in 21 century.

R

Ron_13

I am following it.

Is it a case of including your father as dependant on the PR application or counting him in the family size for financial eligibility.
These are two different things. Your father will not be a dependant on your mom's PR application as he is Canadian. But your father should be in family count for financial eligibility. Same as your spouse is counted in family unit even though HE/SHE is not dependant on you as the spouse is also working and have enough income. So yeah your father is not your mother's dependant but he is definitely falling under your household count and needs to be counted for FICO.

Reactions: mpsb07