+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
I called CIC to update about a baby too and they said its not really required but if you want you it could be a good 'gesture' (yes that's what the person on the phone said) to submit the IRCC form. He also went on to say adding a family member does not impact the NOA's submitted because they were from previous years. The new family member will only impact this (current) years NOA/Line150.

Any thoughts from the seniors? Should we inform or skip for now?

Thanks in advance.
You should inform about any changes to your family or PA's family.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I called CIC to update about a baby too and they said its not really required but if you want you it could be a good 'gesture' (yes that's what the person on the phone said) to submit the IRCC form. He also went on to say adding a family member does not impact the NOA's submitted because they were from previous years. The new family member will only impact this (current) years NOA/Line150.

Any thoughts from the seniors? Should we inform or skip for now?

Thanks in advance.
Easier to advise especially if you have the income. Being upfront is always better.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My parents are on super visa and I can confirm that super visitors only get the two-year stay on their first visit. We have even gone through the process of an extension when they were only given a 6 months stay but we were asked to go for the medicals again in Canada. I think medical is the reason that they don't want to keep on issuing 2 year stays on every visit as a person's health can change over a period of 10 years.
Some people do get longer extensions. Think they want to make sure people don’t move to Canada, although some do, and remind people that they have to return home once in a while and are still visitors.

robreeves

Jun 24, 2014
Line 136, application moved to "In Progress" on both SA and PRA late last night on ECAS. Sponsoring both parents however MyCIC has not been updated and no messages have been sent. I was under the impression that MyCIC was real time and ECAS was updated daily. Could i kindly ask the those that have progress, when they started to see receive messages on MyCIC? @robertp @YULIA-2016

Reactions: robertp

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Anyone recall any official IRCC info/msg before the Jan 28th EOI about below?

Individuals who submit an interest to sponsor form in 2019 but are not invited to apply, will have their form retained by IRCC for the 2020 Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship program.
No that was the first big announcement I think. What are you looking for?