+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Elena2015

Star Member
Jan 5, 2017
if you just mention him in the form, your family size won't change. There is a field saying something like "dependent accompanying principle applicant to canada", you have to say no there and give reason as "He is already canadian citizen and other reasons why he can't sponsor..." If your dad is working then you can include his income as well!!
So in the question #3 about number of people in this application - leave it as it is - 1 (just mom)
and in question 13 about dependents - add my dad?

WPG_PR

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
So in the question #3 about number of people in this application - leave it as it is - 1 (just mom)
  1. Number of people is You + your spouse + kids + your mom ( Did you not include all this earlier in your mom's application?)
  2. Question 13 - yes add your dad

Elena2015

Star Member
Jan 5, 2017
Is it a case of including your father as dependant on the PR application or counting him in the family size for financial eligibility.
These are two different things. Your father will not be a dependant on your mom's PR application as he is Canadian. But your father should be in family count for financial eligibility. Same as your spouse is counted in family unit even though HE/SHE is not dependant on you as the spouse is also working and have enough income. So yeah your father is not your mother's dependant but he is definitely falling under your household count and needs to be counted for FICO.
than why whey did not ask to redo the calculations

yuz

Star Member
Dec 5, 2013
Did you sponsor your dad? if yes, you have to include him.
if not, are they still married? if yes, you have to include him.
otherwise, i don't think you need to include him.

R

Ron_13

That is confusing for sure. I would strongly suggest you to call IRCC and verify rather than getting suggestions here on this forum. Because this is not a minor question. The whole application starts with financial eligibility and you don't want to make multiple errors while responding them.

R

Ron_13

Not only the calculations but didnt ask you to pay extra fees for your dad if is going to be dependant on your mom's application. Technically you have to pay fees for 2 people isn't? So this is little bias if you go by the books better call them

FuchheKeta

Aug 1, 2019
Mine was also recieved on the same day and i have not yet received the AOR. I am waiting. May be next week we can get something.... My file was also received by the same person G. Martin
Should we proactively call them or something to make sure they are aware that we are waiting?

DC1018

Feb 18, 2017
@DC1018
Congrats! Seems like your MIL was not asked to do biometrics. Is it because she is in Canada now? Did she have to go back to China to do PCC? Why was your PCC request on June 25th but SA on July 4th? Was it a typo?
I'm asking because I'd like to know if my parents have to go back to China to do biometrics or PCC. I just got SA and am expecting the next possible step. Thanks!
She has been in Canada for the past year on Supervisa, and she is still here. We will probably be making the landing at one of the land crossings giving that she has a U.S. visa too. I believe the key to be exempted from biometrics is that applicant needs to be in Canada when applying. My PCC indeed came before SA, which I think my vo did me a huge favour and sped things up. I was also surprised but I am not going to complain of course. Your mom doesn't need to go back to China. For my case, I asked a relative in China to be the representative for the applicant (need to give the person a signed letter of the appointment of course), then relative applied everything through the Public Notary Office. You will receive a letter telling you how to obtain the PCC in China. Depending on your city, it can be easy or much harder. Mine took less than a week from gathering original from the police to have the notarized/translated copy on hand.

Reactions: Janet2011