+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

danny_scars

Aug 1, 2017
BC
@danny_scars

Hi danny did cic ask any additional documents about your parents separation or anything related about the unknown location of your father?
Thanks!
all i can see thus far is application rcvd..
and i did send the separation agreement on my initial package - copy and translation. i have also written a LoE explaining my dad is MIA and that I had no plans of ever sponsoring him to Canada :)

Reactions: desmonddoss

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
YVR123,

He already mentioned earlier due to some complicated reasons. Now please stop asking for personal questions.
She never answered directly if they are still married. And it's not personal. It's important fact to determine if she needs to include him. Being her FATHER isn't the important piece. Being the principle applicant's spouse/common law partner is.

Reactions: yuz

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
She never answered directly if they are still married. And it's not personal. It's important fact to determine if she needs to include him. Being her FATHER isn't the important piece. Being the principle applicant's spouse/common law partner is.
I don't think anyone can give a clear answer for this as this is an unique situation which may also have legal implication. These very questions will be asked by any CO and if the sponsor doesn't meet the LICO counting the father, this applications will be probably go back and forth a lot and will ultimately rejected.

Last edited:
Reactions: YVR123 and Ron_13

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
Hi @YULIA-2016 @robertp!

I got a call from CIC this morning! The call lasted less than 2 minutes. The agent said that she was calling from Citizenship and Immigration Canada and asked me to confirm my mom's first and last name. After that, she asked if my mom had left Canada since we submitted the forms and if she was still in Canada. I confirmed that yes, that my mom hasn't left Canada and that she is on a SuperVisa with a letter of extension valid until early next year. Then the CIC agent said that it was all she needed to know and wished me a nice day! :)
This is probably part of some "back ground check". Another user reported got a call after medical.

Reactions: idefix
R

Ron_13

Read again her question. She asked if they are married why he doesn't sponsor her? Now that's Personal for sure. Lack of manners on her and your apart. Its Its annoying to ask someone beyond a certain point.

newandold

Jan 30, 2017
received request for IMM 0008 that I did not include my father in the application, as I thought he is not depends from me financially. So If I change the number of people in this application it will affect the number of people I showed in the Calculator form. They did not request this form to be redone. Should I redo the calculator for as well? Or keep it as it is?
Father is Canadian citizen
Spouses are considered dependents, and it doesn't matter whether they are Canadian citizens or no or financially dependant or no. In my case they are insisting even to include separated spouse, we even legally separated and now divorced but for separated years they said I should include.

Usernametaken999

Sep 20, 2018
She has been in Canada for the past year on Supervisa, and she is still here. We will probably be making the landing at one of the land crossings giving that she has a U.S. visa too. I believe the key to be exempted from biometrics is that applicant needs to be in Canada when applying. My PCC indeed came before SA, which I think my vo did me a huge favour and sped things up. I was also surprised but I am not going to complain of course. Your mom doesn't need to go back to China. For my case, I asked a relative in China to be the representative for the applicant (need to give the person a signed letter of the appointment of course), then relative applied everything through the Public Notary Office. You will receive a letter telling you how to obtain the PCC in China. Depending on your city, it can be easy or much harder. Mine took less than a week from gathering original from the police to have the notarized/translated copy on hand.
Did you also appoint your relative to obtain Hukou? I got SA for my mum but still waiting on PCC, medical and potential request for “Hukou”. She’s here in Canada and I’m wondering if she could get Hukou without going back?

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
London, ON
Can someone please share their experience/opinion on this.
My parents are in Spain right now, they have plans to come here in October, can’t postpone much as I am expecting and i need them to be here.
My application was received on May 10th. So far, may10 is just on received status.
I am hoping and believe they will get the biometrics request soon which they can do in Spain. If they get the medicals requests also somewhere in the August and they do medicals there, i think my mom might need to go for further tests for TB, she never had TB but in super visa’s medicals she had some chest scars and they did sputum culture and repeated x-rays. She was put on medical surveillance and she again did another xray and a couple of sputum test last year on her visit to Canada.
Now, if she does her initial medicals back home and lets say does the sputum culture too, but the reaults take 8 weeks. And also, if asked to repeat xrays after 3 months, its gonna be upto november/ december.
Question: If she gives sputum samples and comes here, can she go to another panel physician in Canada to do the xrays and can both the panel physcians access to her e-medical? The one from back home will upload the sputum results and the one here will upload the xrays?
Is it possible?