Sponsoring - Parents
Parents country of Citizenship - India
Province - Ontario

Kindly add me to the spreadsheet. Thanks

Reactions: YULIA-2016

lynne197910

Star Member
May 3, 2019
Hey all - I received my invitation letter on Apr 24 and mailed out my package on May 14th, Canada Post tracking tells me it was delivered on May 16th. Received the email reminder this AM like many of you had. I now am concerned over one supporting document which I'm worried if by the time an officer opens the package and deems this supporting document to be incomplete and decides to return the package, it will be long after the deadline and therefore potentially making me ineligible to resend my application this year. Basically I have not gotten the mentioned supporting document notarized (certified) but simply translated myself. And after reading the reminder this morning and gone through what I have sent, I realized on the checklist it says all documents not in English or French need to be translated and notarized (certified) with a copy of the original version.

I have called CIC, the agent cant seem to find an application number yet. so she suggests trying sending webforms or resubmit a complete package with the right document this time.

There're only 10 days left till the deadline, should I take the risk and wait out for the AOR? or resubmit the whole application now?
I forgot the co signer signature, tomorrow I am going to send another application which suggested by an agent.

bhagatN

Nov 23, 2018
Invitation Date - April 24th
File received - June 13th
Sponsoring - Parents
Parents country of Citizenship - India
Province - Quebec

Please add me to the spreadsheet, thanks!

Reactions: YULIA-2016

hopevn018

Aug 10, 2018
seems like everyone (submitted or not yet submitted application) had that letter reminder, But I did not get any letter even I sent application (not yet ECAS). is that normal? :(

huzcan

May 6, 2013
Yes no need to worry read below for explanation

as per @zeiesfirdaus

Based on my last call with CIC agent (I called again as I wanted to get the Temporary "Prospect File" Number), he described the following process of getting the file to ECAS. He was surprisingly acquainted with the process...
  1. CIC Receives the Application
  2. CIC Opens the Package and Scans the Barcodes Forms / Fee Forms and Other forms / documents and prepares a file - This is called "Prospect File" Stage. This can happen the same date the application is received, or at a much later date. There is no magic to this, and is purely on the burden on CIC. This has nothing to do with forms being stapled / order of invite letter or fee receipt, or barcodes all together or above each of the respective forms, additional documents, being included, use of new forms / old forms etc. There is no need to panic if the Prospect File is not created on same date the application is received. Based on current trends it is taking at least 4-6 weeks.
  3. A Temporary Application ID is created. This is temporary and for internal use only. This number WILL change. There is nothing that we can do with this temporary file ID number. Temporary Application ID starts with X and is followed with the actual File No. e.g. XF000000000.
  4. The person who scans these files (may or may not choose) to "activate" ECAS Status. There is a "Submit to View" or something along this lines button that can be pressed. This explains why some people see ECAS right away, while others have to wait for additional steps below. (My theory: it's the interns who go the extra mile, seasoned officers tasked with this don't bother :p) Application received Stage in ECAS, if activated. In the past few pages this has been unofficially christened as the "Crazy Intern Theory" by members.
  5. In addition to the a"Submit to View" button, the UCI for Sponsor / Parents has to be active (e.g. in my case, my UCI is more than 7 years old (since it was used last) and is not active in CIC database. A new one will be created). The active part was partially incorrect info by previous agent. New agent has confirmed that the old UCI has to be "activated" and "linked" to the new application. Please note that even if you didn't supply UCI info CIC is able to link the application to the UCI. This may or may not hold true for everybody and remains to be seen
  6. The Prospect File is handed to a CIC Case Officer (CO) - first come first serve basis. (The first come first serve theory is now confirmed based on trends, unless the "crazy intern theory" takes precedence, which has happened in a few cases.
  7. The CO reviews the file for completeness, correct fees, etc. and generates a proper Application ID (i.e. just removes the X in front of the temporary file number), new UCI (if old ones are inactive) old UCI's are linked, and activates the file - ECAS Status is now available. In process Stage in ECAS. As of today, current lead time to get to this stage is anywhere between 4-6 weeks (and increasing as more and more applications come through) for most people. Refer Tracker.
  8. CO issues the AoR (by email if available) to the Sponsor with Application ID F000000000
  9. With the application ID, one can now "link" the application on myCIC.
  10. Assessment Stage Starts. File review is now underway for Sponsor eligibility. Stays as In process Stage in ECAS?
  11. Missing documents / additional documents etc are now requested.
Additional info:
  • eCAS often lags behind actual AoR email or myCIC.
  • In some case people have been able to link their myCIC with the Temporary File number (remove the "x") while no update is being seen on eCAS. Again, only possible if Step 7 has happened.
Bottom line, no need to panic, as there are lots of variations along the basic trend. It will take at minimum 4-6 weeks from the date the Application is received by CIC. Even longer, if the applications are received in Ottawa closer to the June 28th date given the additional burden on CIC with a rush of applications.
So it seems like it may take 4 -6 weeks even to generate xfn. In such a situation how do we make sure that our file was received by cic before deadline of June 28?

abcxyz

Star Member
Jan 2, 2009
Hi All,

I am new to this forum and wanted to know if everyone who was able to add their application to their GC Key account is seeing the same details or this is based on case to case.

is this standard or differs case to case

Details about your application status
When we get your application, there are a series of steps it may go through before we make a decision. Use the following table to find out the current status of each application step.

Review of eligibilityHelp - Review of eligibility
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
Review of medical resultsHelp - Review of medical results
  • You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documentsHelp - Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.
InterviewHelp - Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
BiometricsHelp - Biometrics
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background checkHelp - Background check
  • Not applicable.
Final decisionHelp - Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
seems like everyone (submitted or not yet submitted application) had that letter reminder, But I did not get any letter even I sent application (not yet ECAS). is that normal? :(
So it seems like it may take 4 -6 weeks even to generate xfn. In such a situation how do we make sure that our file was received by cic before deadline of June 28?

No, I haven’t got it either:( same situation. Let’s continue to keep our positive spirit and pray to God!!!

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
If you have sent it with tracking and signature you would know whether it has reached the destination.

Alisa789

Jun 18, 2019
How long would it delay my application processing by If I dont pay the right for permanent residence fees now upfront rather than paying it later?

Mitana

Jan 31, 2019
Anyone knows if we can mail application by registered mail that requires signature? I know when delivered to P.O. boxes, you can't sent registered mail (with signature). I