+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Roya-FSW

Aug 7, 2013
I have not received any reminder email yet. My application received on May 3rd and I was able to see status on ecas on June 12th and linked application on June 13th
May I ask who's info did you use to link your application?
I can see my application on ECAS since May 15 but was not able to link it yet...

K0c4nbi3t

Sep 5, 2015
http://www.cic.gc.ca/English/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1460&top=14

Example 2
Juan and Lise had a baby in 2017. Juan wants to sponsor his mother. Lise won’t co-sign the application. Juan’s mother doesn’t have a spouse, partner or any dependent children.

For 2017 and 2018, Juan’s family size is 4:

• Juan
  • his partner, Lise
  • his baby
  • his mother
For 2017 and 2018, Juan must check if he meets the income requirement for 4 persons.

For 2016, Juan’s family size was 3:

• Because Juan’s baby wasn’t born yet, the baby is not included for that year.
For 2016, Juan must check if he meets the income requirements for 3 persons.

Example 3
Ryan and Anne became common-law partners in 2017. They had a baby in 2018. Ryan wants to sponsor his grandmother and grandfather. Ryan’s grandparents don’t have any dependent children. Anne will be the co-signer.

If Ryan wants to sponsor his grandparents in 2019, Ryan and Anne (together) have to meet the income requirements for 2018, 2017 and 2016.

In 2016, Ryan’s family size was 3:

• Ryan
  • his grandmother and grandfather
In 2017, Ryan’s family size was 4:

• Ryan
  • his partner, Anne
In 2018, Ryan’s family size was 5:

• Ryan
  • his partner, Anne
  • his baby
Even though Anne is only included in the family size in 2017, she has to provide her proof of income for 2018, 2017 and 2016, as she’s the co-signer on the application.
I try to find example for deceased dependent family members but it has been shown on website. Tweeter says count deceased family members but I guess this applies when you submitted your application and in process when a family member deceased in 2018, they would be counted only 2016,2017. Because Family size is calculated at the time we submit application. Advisors on Tweeter have never confirmed my question. Just answered in general and repeated similarly for different questions.
Or for example, if someone divorced in 2018 and will submit application in 2019, do he/she has to count ex-spouse in 2016,2017, as family member?? Both will have the same result but haven't confirmed yet.

Last edited:

Tgill

Star Member
Aug 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2013
AOR Received.
23-05-2013
File Transfer...
24-05-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013
Passport Req..
12-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
got IN PROCESS -7 NOV and DM -29 nov
LANDED..........
soon
@YULIA-2016
Invitation -April 24
file received-June 05
sponsored-Parents
Parents country of citizenship-India
province-ON
Can you please add me in spreadsheet.

newandold

Jan 30, 2017
I hope too as I haven't got it either. Even though it's a very generic reminder email but not getting it me makes me worried about CIC having my email address correct. Even though they sent the original invitation to my email address, anxiety still taking over :(
I did not get it too and it seems, if the application was received in April or on first days of May did not get anything too.

newandold

Jan 30, 2017
I try to find example for deceased dependent family members but it has been shown on website. Tweeter says count deceased family members but I guess this applies when you submitted your application and in process when a family member deceased in 2018, they would be counted only 2016,2017. Because Family size is calculated at the time we submit application. Advisors on Tweeter have never confirmed my question. Just answered in general and repeated similarly for different questions.
Unfortunately it is not so straightforward this year, as it was last year, as the guide is not consistent with the explanation and nobody can help you at this stage, the only way is to send your application with appropriate explanation and hope for the best.

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Or for example, if someone divorced in 2018 and will submit application in 2019, do he/she has to count ex-spouse in 2016,2017, as family member?? Both will have the same result but haven't confirmed yet.
For deceased family members you would have to count them the years they were still alive or the year they were deceased. And then not count them for the years after they had passed away.

makes logical sense to me. A deceased person should not count as a family member after they have passed on.

K0c4nbi3t

Sep 5, 2015
For deceased family members you would have to count them the years they were still alive or the year they were deceased. And then not count them for the years after they had passed away.

makes logical sense to me. A deceased person should not count as a family member after they have passed on.
If CIC applies this for years to count back it would be very complicated. Previous years, a person WAS dependant (under 22, not married,..), do we count who was dependant for previous years?? How about a sponsor or principal applicant divorced in 2018?? Do they count ex-spouse or partner in 2016,2017?? I got confused when they say count deceased family members which does not go with examples or explanation. I guess CIC just changed the law and has not decided about complicated cases. Probably next year they will indicate clearly explanation and examples. Guide says count family members SPONSOR will financially responsible for. How does a sponsor responsible for deceased family member??

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
When count LICO & family member, follow this simple rule:

The year your family member increase (marriage, birth) or decrease (divorce, death), you have to use that number for that year only (and subsequent yr) as a count.

hallieliu

Apr 13, 2016

agree. The same logic for new born

BadshahIqbal

Nov 2, 2012
Kerala, India
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO - Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 01 2015 / Received on Feb 05 2015
Doc's Request.
Oct 08 2015
Nomination.....
Jan 02 2015
AOR Received.
Apr 24 2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
Jun 03 2015
Med's Done....
Jun 23 2015
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 23 2012
LANDED..........
Dec 20 2012
Finally sent the application

Reactions: misterbmw
Jun 18, 2019
Hi All,

I am new to this forum and wanted to know if everyone who was able to add their application to their GC Key account is seeing the same details or this is based on case to case.

is this standard or differs case to case

Details about your application status
When we get your application, there are a series of steps it may go through before we make a decision. Use the following table to find out the current status of each application step.

Review of eligibilityHelp - Review of eligibility
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
Review of medical resultsHelp - Review of medical results
  • You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documentsHelp - Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.
InterviewHelp - Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
BiometricsHelp - Biometrics
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background checkHelp - Background check
  • Not applicable.
Final decisionHelp - Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.