+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

lynne197910

Star Member
May 3, 2019
Hello, I'm applying for Parent's Sponsorship. One of the requirements is the Photo of parents. How do I include their photos if they are in the Philippines? I am the one submitting the documents here in Canada. How am I suppose to include their photo if they are still in the Philippines? Thanks for your help.
Option 1: ask your parents take photos in studio on Philippines, and ask studio send digital photos to your email, you print them in Canada in private studio, hand writing parents name , DOB, studio name in Philippines , and studio address, date photos taken. Plus, forms email to your parents , they sign forms, fax to you, you print forms, when you submit the forms, attach an explanation letter why not handwriting signature.
Option 2: ask your parents take photos in their country, sign forms which you email to them, go to the airport, pay little money to anyone who you might trust, ask the person take all files and photos to the flight, you pick it in Canada airport second day.
Option 3: you fly to Philippines get signed forms and photos( the most expensive option but it is worth if your income is eligible)

ihg

May 9, 2019
This is NOT true. They have already mentioned on twitter multiple times that they will accept scanned/photocopied signatures. If in future they need original, they may ask for it.

https://mobile.twitter.com/CitImmCanada/status/1123228031668162565?s=19
Send the scanned copy and wait for application to come back , Twitter handle is running by social media interns . If CO is good and accept the application he will immediately ask for original or return the application.

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Did anyone receive reminder email message from IRCC.

I received one today reminding me that I have to send completed applications by June 28.

My application was received in May 09 but no ECAS update yet.

Reactions: alexpritie

lynne197910

Star Member
May 3, 2019
Option 1: ask your parents take photos in studio on Philippines, and ask studio send digital photos to your email, you print them in Canada in private studio, hand writing parents name , DOB, studio name in Philippines , and studio address, date photos taken. Plus, forms email to your parents , they sign forms, fax to you, you print forms, when you submit the forms, attach an explanation letter why not handwriting signature.
Option 2: ask your parents take photos in their country, sign forms which you email to them, go to the airport, pay little money to anyone who you might trust, ask the person take all files and photos to the flight, you pick it in Canada airport second day.
Option 3: you fly to Philippines get signed forms and photos( the most expensive option but it is worth if your income is eligible)
According to Twitter what cic says: they accept faxed for scanned signature as well, I think option one is better for you. Good luck

snganu

Oct 2, 2011

I received one today reminding me that I have to send completed applications by June 28.

Do not worry. All are receiving it. Its a general reminder email with no relation to application received or not.

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
I posted something like this and admin deleted it without any explanation to me.

canada119

Nov 2, 2013
Alberta

I have received email also

Do we have more members who received CIC reminder email about sponsor file?

faizankhan

Feb 25, 2016
Hello All,

Need some guidance on the form titled "IMM 0008 - Generic Application form for Canada" for the PGP Application

My father is the Principal Applicant and my mother is applying as the Spouse. Both are Canadian visa holders. No one else is applying

We are four siblings, all INDEPENDENT:
1 sibling (35 years) is the primary sponsor and lives/works in Canada with his wife and kids
2 siblings (32 & 30 years) live/work in the United States
1 sibling (me, 28 years) lives/works with my parents in our hometown in Pakistan.

The form specifically states: "You must provide the following details about each of your family members, whether they will be accompanying you to Canada or not. You must include your spouse or common-law partner, if applicable, and all of your dependent children, and those of your spouse or common-law partner, who are not already permanent residents or citizens of Canada"

My question is this: When I fill the IMM 0008 form, do I need to include any of us four children as DEPENDENTS in the form? Or do I fill it ONLY for my mother who is applying as the Spouse to the Principal Applicant?

Verba

Star Member
Feb 13, 2019
What if we keep the link to the tracking file on top of the thread discription with the reference to review it first prior to ask the repeating questions here...? :)

snmathur4

Star Member
May 8, 2018
Hello All,

Need some guidance on the form titled "IMM 0008 - Generic Application form for Canada" for the PGP Application

My father is the Principal Applicant and my mother is applying as the Spouse. Both are Canadian visa holders. No one else is applying

1 sibling (35 years) is the primary sponsor and lives/works in Canada with his wife and kids
1 sibling (me, 28 years) lives/works with my parents in our hometown in Pakistan.

The form specifically states: "You must provide the following details about each of your family members, whether they will be accompanying you to Canada or not. You must include your spouse or common-law partner, if applicable, and all of your dependent children, and those of your spouse or common-law partner, who are not already permanent residents or citizens of Canada"

My question is this: When I fill the IMM 0008 form, do I need to include any of us four children as DEPENDENTS in the form? Or do I fill it ONLY for my mother who is applying as the Spouse to the Principal Applicant?
No they are not dependents
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/age-limit-requirements-dependent-children.html

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
What if we keep the link to the tracking file on top of the thread discription with the reference to review it first prior to ask the repeating questions here...? :)
Problem is there is no such function allowed. And admin won't do it either. You are referring to what many forums have as "STICKY" at the top of threads.

Dainik

Star Member
Feb 24, 2019
Repetition is not new here.
Its been here since the first post started.
Its not gonna change the posters' mind to read it first before posting questions.
You can try though.

Reactions: nayr69sg

sarwar_zahan

Star Member
Aug 22, 2014
Toronto
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-05-2014
Doc's Request.
09-05-2014
Nomination.....
15-08-2014
AOR Received.
16-09-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
16-09-2014
Med's Request
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
02-11-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-12-2014
Hello All,

No, you and your siblings are not dependents . So there's no need to include you and your siblings on IMM 0008 form. Just put your father as the principal applicant and mother as spouse. check the definition of dependent children on the following link https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/non-economic-classes/dependent-children.html

Reactions: faizankhan