+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

snmathur4

Star Member
May 8, 2018
What if we keep the link to the tracking file on top of the thread discription with the reference to review it first prior to ask the repeating questions here...? :)
We also need a FAQs page with frequently asked questions and answers

luckymystery

Champion Member
Aug 5, 2011
Saskatchewan
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-07-2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
AOR Received.
AOR on 05-10-11. PER Received on 25-10-11
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
LVO started processing on my file on 04-01-2012
Med's Request
05-1-12 & Recvd on 11-1-12
Med's Done....
20-1-12, received by VO on 09-2-12 & on ecas on 18-02-12
Interview........
Waived :-)
Passport Req..
Step-1 on 05-03-12. Ecas Decision Made on 05-3-12, Step-2 02-5-12
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-12
LANDED..........
July - 12
I have not received any reminder email yet. My application received on May 3rd and I was able to see status on ecas on June 12th and linked application on June 13th

Reactions: abcxyz

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
You agree, through your use of this forum, that you will not post, submit or link to any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, adult material, contains objectionable content, contains personal information of others, risks copyright infringement, encourages unlawful activity, or otherwise in violation of any International or Canadian law. Spam, flooding, advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are also forbidden on this forum.

The staff or the owners of this forum are not responsible for any user-generated content and accounts (“Content”). Content submitted express the views of their author only. You remain solely responsible for the content of your posted messages. Note that it is impossible for the staff or the owners of this forum to confirm the validity of posts. Please remember that we do not actively monitor the posted messages, and as such, are not responsible for the content contained within.

We reserve the rights to remove or modify any Content submitted for any reason without explanation. Requests for Content to be removed or modified will be undertaken only at our discretion. We reserve the right to take action against any account with the forum at any time.

You are granting us with a non-exclusive, permanent, irrevocable, unlimited license to use, publish, or re-publish your Content in connection with the Service. You retain copyright over the Content.

These terms may be changed at any time without notice.

If you do not agree with these terms, please do not register or use this Service. If you wish to close your account, please contact us.

Just found the RULES of the forum. :D

Reactions: Dainik
Apr 27, 2019
Calgary
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
14-06-2019
Currently she is my girlfriend but we are planning to marry in Sept,2019
The Guide 5772 reads "If your family size changes during the processing of your sponsorship application, the income requirements you need to meet for each applicable year will also change."

I might not be reading this correctly, but I think if you get married the income requirement will change for all previous three years... Why not call the IRCC to confirm or wait til the sponsorship is approved then get married?

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
The Guide 5772 reads "If your family size changes during the processing of your sponsorship application, the income requirements you need to meet for each applicable year will also change."

I might not be reading this correctly, but I think if you get married the income requirement will change for all previous three years... Why not call the IRCC to confirm or wait til the sponsorship is approved then get married?
There have been examples posted before. It only applies to the years where your family size changed. I will go google and post the links.

The senior members of the forum who have been here for a long time would have said that the income requirements change for ALL 3 years.

But well CIC has written guidance on this now. Up to you who to follow

onlymtl

Star Member
Dec 30, 2013
Hi,

Can anyone please post a format/ template of writing an explanation letters explaining any kind of discrepancies in our application?

Thanks.

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
http://www.cic.gc.ca/English/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1460&top=14

@David_Parker

Example 2
Juan and Lise had a baby in 2017. Juan wants to sponsor his mother. Lise won’t co-sign the application. Juan’s mother doesn’t have a spouse, partner or any dependent children.

For 2017 and 2018, Juan’s family size is 4:

• Juan
  • his partner, Lise
  • his baby
  • his mother
For 2017 and 2018, Juan must check if he meets the income requirement for 4 persons.

For 2016, Juan’s family size was 3:

• Because Juan’s baby wasn’t born yet, the baby is not included for that year.
For 2016, Juan must check if he meets the income requirements for 3 persons.

Example 3
Ryan and Anne became common-law partners in 2017. They had a baby in 2018. Ryan wants to sponsor his grandmother and grandfather. Ryan’s grandparents don’t have any dependent children. Anne will be the co-signer.

If Ryan wants to sponsor his grandparents in 2019, Ryan and Anne (together) have to meet the income requirements for 2018, 2017 and 2016.

In 2016, Ryan’s family size was 3:

• Ryan
  • his grandmother and grandfather
In 2017, Ryan’s family size was 4:

• Ryan
  • his partner, Anne
In 2018, Ryan’s family size was 5:

• Ryan
  • his partner, Anne
  • his baby
Even though Anne is only included in the family size in 2017, she has to provide her proof of income for 2018, 2017 and 2016, as she’s the co-signer on the application.

Last edited:

ihg

May 9, 2019
I have not received any reminder email yet. My application received on May 3rd and I was able to see status on ecas on June 12th and linked application on June 13th
you will get it tomorrow as your first email was on April 26th , every one is getting this . I got it today

K0c4nbi3t

Sep 5, 2015
Did anyone receive reminder email message from IRCC.

I received one today reminding me that I have to send completed applications by June 28.

My application was received in May 09 but no ECAS update yet.
Hi Applicants, please read the attached file carefully. Cic clearly mentioned IF you submitted your applications already. No further action needed at this time. This is a friendly reminder. YOU ARE FINE IF YOUR APPLICATION SUBMITTED JUST IGNORE THIS MESSAGE.

Reactions: nguyentu2001

abcxyz

Star Member
Jan 2, 2009
you will get it tomorrow as your first email was on April 26th , every one is getting this . I got it today
I hope too as I haven't got it either. Even though it's a very generic reminder email but not getting it me makes me worried about CIC having my email address correct. Even though they sent the original invitation to my email address, anxiety still taking over :(