+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
Folks:

With new version for 5768 update, what is end validity for old form.

My forms were signed may 20 and received at CIC June 5th. Should i worry about anything and plan to resend app?
I was informed there is always a 30 days grace period

danny_scars

Aug 1, 2017
BC
Folks:

With new version for 5768 update, what is end validity for old form.

My forms were signed may 20 and received at CIC June 5th. Should i worry about anything and plan to resend app?
u sent it in before the update, CIC cant expect u to send in new forms when they weren't available. u are fine :)

jjedm

Oct 7, 2016
I have a question regarding having my common-law partner as cosigner;

In the IMM1344e Application to Sponsor, Question 6c; Provide the date on which you entered into the relationship?

In the guide says: "Note: This is the date your status officially changed from being single to common-law, not the date you started living together."

We have been living together for quite a while, but what is the date that our status officially changed? We have never formalized anything. Is that date in which we sign this? "Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union [IMM 5409] (PDF, 636.51 KB)" which is also needed to have a co-signer ?

danny_scars

Aug 1, 2017
BC
I have a question regarding having my common-law partner as cosigner;

In the IMM1344e Application to Sponsor, Question 6c; Provide the date on which you entered into the relationship?

In the guide says: "Note: This is the date your status officially changed from being single to common-law, not the date you started living together."

We have been living together for quite a while, but what is the date that our status officially changed? We have never formalized anything. Is that date in which we sign this? "Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union [IMM 5409] (PDF, 636.51 KB)" which is also needed to have a co-signer ?
you become common law after u live together for one year

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/non-economic-classes/family-class-determining-spouse/assessing-common.html

kkim604

Apr 27, 2010
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Korea
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Fees are now, prepaid?
few years ago, I remember they only asked for credit card number first.

luckymystery

Champion Member
Aug 5, 2011
Saskatchewan
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-07-2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
AOR Received.
AOR on 05-10-11. PER Received on 25-10-11
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
LVO started processing on my file on 04-01-2012
Med's Request
05-1-12 & Recvd on 11-1-12
Med's Done....
20-1-12, received by VO on 09-2-12 & on ecas on 18-02-12
Interview........
Waived :-)
Passport Req..
Step-1 on 05-03-12. Ecas Decision Made on 05-3-12, Step-2 02-5-12
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-12
LANDED..........
July - 12
Fees are now, prepaid?
few years ago, I remember they only asked for credit card number first.
Method of payment is credit card or debit interac card, if you want to pay online through IRCC website. And you have to pay Application processing fees now but IRCC recommends to pay biometric and RPRF fees now to avoid delays.

neha17

Star Member
May 14, 2019
@YULIA-2016

Kindly update my info in the spreadsheet:

Username: neha17
Sponsored Person: My mom
Parents Country of Citizenship: India
Prov: AB
Invitation Received: April 26, 2019
Application Received in Ottawa: June 7, 2019

Thanks and all the best to everyone :)

amesh

Star Member
Jun 3, 2019
May I ask those who successfully linked their application to the mycic or got update on esca, what info did you use to link? Sponsors information or the main applicants? My file was received on May 9th and nothing yet. Thanks
me too waiting .my file received may 8

milestogo

Star Member
May 9, 2010
@YULIA-2016

Kindly update my info in the spreadsheet:

Username: neha17
Sponsored Person: My mom
Prov: AB
Invitation Received: April 26, 2019

Thanks and all the best to everyone :)
Curious did you fill in new 5768 form as this came up new in June 2019 or old as my app was received on June 5 , i had used the older one

raj_g

Star Member
May 15, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
@YULIA-2016

Kindly include my info in the spreadsheet:

Username: raj_g
Sponsored Person: My parents
Prov: ON
Invitation Received: April 24, 2019

Thanks

YamPower

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2015
Med's Done....
14-04-2015
Passport Req..
09-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2015
LANDED..........
13-11-2015
It is not mandatory to fill the form in computer. You can always handwritten any field. The validation field in pdf file is to make sure you are not missing any required info.
No required info was missing. The form didn't allow overlapping months even though that was her reality because of multiple part-time jobs.

dennizgb

Star Member
Feb 23, 2014
Good morning,

There are three things that we are not sending:

-Additional Dependants form IMM0008DEP...no more than 5 dependants
-Proof of principal applicant 's relationship to accoompanying children...there are no children accompanying to Canada
-Supporting documents-Part B...we answered YES on both

Our fear is this: If information or forms and documents are missing, your entire application will be returned to you.

I wrote letter of explanation stating that we left those boxes unchecked as they don't apply to us. Will they accept the application like that or we should check all the boxes regardless if its applicable to us or not?

pestoo

Jul 21, 2014
Thanks... did you check with CIC or some independent sources?
I was informed there is always a 30 days grace period
I had the same question because my form was signed on May 14. I was preparing other stuff and ready to send the forms and send find out they updated the forms! It is ridiculous in the sense that they gave answers differently..

On twitter, you can find IRCC replied this questions saying it is ok as long as you use the forms from 2019 application kit.
I called the CIC this morning, there is a "kevin" answered with 120% certainty saying that "you need to resign the forms - ask your parents to mail them to you again" - sounds like 0 effort to him.
Then I called another time, this time another lady asked somebody and told me that it is best to use the new form, but if it is not possible then use the old form and include an explanation. but they are not sure what the officer will decide when receiving the old forms.
-- technically nobody knows anything for sure.

Reactions: mjadawala