+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

spr2425

Star Member
May 23, 2019
Ok If I am submitting my application this month, how would I know I am in the top 20k.? or I am too late for the submission of my application?

danny_scars

Aug 1, 2017
BC
Its not a LOL question, it's something serious I want to know. I hope you understand my anxiety level at this time.
sure.
there is no way to tell if u are within the first 20k people but it doesn't matter; if u got invited, send ur application, they receive it on or before June 28, CIC will review it - either this year or next year.
what u don't want to do is delay it even more and miss the deadline, hence the "send it in"
:rolleyes:

spr2425

Star Member
May 23, 2019
sure.
there is no way to tell if u are within the first 20k people but it doesn't matter; if u got invited, send ur application, they receive it on or before June 28, CIC will review it - either this year or next year.
what u don't want to do is delay it even more and miss the deadline, hence the "send it in"
:rolleyes:
Thanks.

Ravinder singh

Mar 18, 2014
hey guys
me and my wife have applied for our parents and are cosigner in each other's sponsorship applications. at the same time we are eligible for our citizenship too. so if we apply for the citizenship does it effect the sponsorship application or not. or they go hand in hand separately and we have to just update(after becoming citizens) our status in sponsorship app's.
any experience or thoughts, suggestions please.
thanks

danny_scars

Aug 1, 2017
BC
hey guys
me and my wife have applied for our parents and are cosigner in each other's sponsorship applications. at the same time we are eligible for our citizenship too. so if we apply for the citizenship does it effect the sponsorship application or not. or they go hand in hand separately and we have to just update(after becoming citizens) our status in sponsorship app's.
any experience or thoughts, suggestions please.
thanks
one process is completely separate from the other.

go ahead and apply for the PGP and then apply for ur citizenship when u are eligible.

i suppose u could update IRCC via webform but it shouldn't be necessary - they are more interested in stuff that will affect ur file like a newborn, death in the family, divorce, change of address/e-mail, so on and so forth..

being a Citizen or a PR bears no difference on the PGP application.

Reactions: YamPower and YVR123

Ravinder singh

Mar 18, 2014
one process is completely separate from the other.

go ahead and apply for the PGP and then apply for ur citizenship when u are eligible.

i suppose u could update IRCC via webform but it shouldn't be necessary - they are more interested in stuff that will affect ur file like a newborn, death in the family, divorce, change of address/e-mail, so on and so forth..

being a Citizen or a PR bears no difference on the PGP application.
got your point
thanks danny

gskn4u

Star Member
Nov 10, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-04-2014
AOR Received.
25-04-2014
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Use of representative form I did a mistake (incorrect box check question 6 - page 1 ). I got the form singed (page 2) by my mother from home country.

How should I correct the mistake:
1. correct the form and take printout for 1st page only. The page size will be different.
2. Use paper whitener and erase the incorrect check box. Use pen to put correct check mark.

which one do you guys recommend regarding above correction. Please suggest.

Daisy2018

Star Member
Mar 20, 2018
for those of you who LINKED your app:
I was able to link my app today online, even though it says application received on May 1st, on the home page it says 'date submitted' is today's date. in theory the date submitted should be the date they received my application right?
does it happen to any one of you?

deerestlovelybear

Jan 20, 2015
I was able to link my app today online, even though it says application received on May 1st, on the home page it says 'date submitted' is today's date. in theory the date submitted should be the date they received my application right?
date submitted you see on myCIC is the date you linked that app to the account, not actual submit date

Reactions: hallieliu

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
Are you able to see your ecas status? What is your ecas status?

Daisy2018

Star Member
Mar 20, 2018
Are you able to see your ecas status? What is your ecas status?
i was able to see ecas yesterday morning, said application received.
today i linked to my account. the status is in process, but i think everyone whos able to see online will see their apps 'in process'

Reactions: robertp

milestogo

Star Member
May 9, 2010
Folks:

With new version for 5768 update, what is end validity for old form.

My forms were signed may 20 and received at CIC June 5th. Should i worry about anything and plan to resend app?