+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Niral Shah

Sep 18, 2017
Hi,

My application received on May 01st. I can see ECAS status as application received. However when I am trying to link application in myCIC the application not found. I am proving exact details which are provided in application form for primary applicants .What could be the reason ? What should be the family size ? As suggested in this forum I am entering 2: principal applicant - 1 + sponsor - 1 , the spouse is not sponsored in my case. Please advise.

rsky

Star Member
May 23, 2019
Dear fellow sponsor Friends and @YULIA-2016!!!
Just checked my Ecas status and it says " We received application on May 2 ,2019"
Note: Canada post delivery says May 3.

Now, should I try to Link my application. Please, advise.
Good luck everyone.

mbatta

Star Member
Mar 7, 2019
@YULIA-2016

Kindly add my info in the spreadsheet:

Username: mbatta
Sponsored Person: My Mother
Parents Country of Citizenship: India
Prov: ON
Invitation Received: April 24, 2019
Application Received in Ottawa: May 7th, 2019
Ecas Status: No Status yet.

Thanks.

Indian45

May 9, 2019
I am updating this (Original Post 7747 pg 517 & updated post 9203 pg 614) with some new info on timing etc. based on feedback from other members as the original post is now locked and cannot be edited per forum rules. Also, a lot of new members (who have just joined / haven't reviewed the past 600 pages) are asking some of the basic fundamental questions on timing / process etc.

new edits in RED

Based on my last call with CIC agent (I called again as I wanted to get the Temporary "Prospect File" Number), he described the following process of getting the file to ECAS. He was surprisingly acquainted with the process...
  1. CIC Receives the Application
  2. CIC Opens the Package and Scans the Barcodes Forms / Fee Forms and Other forms / documents and prepares a file - This is called "Prospect File" Stage. This can happen the same date the application is received, or at a much later date. There is no magic to this, and is purely on the burden on CIC. This has nothing to do with forms being stapled / order of invite letter or fee receipt, or barcodes all together or above each of the respective forms, additional documents, being included, use of new forms / old forms etc. There is no need to panic if the Prospect File is not created on same date the application is received. Based on current trends it is taking at least 2 -3 weeks.
  3. A Temporary Application ID is created. This is temporary and for internal use only. This number WILL change. There is nothing that we can do with this temporary file ID number. Temporary Application ID starts with X and is followed with the actual File No. e.g. XF000000000.
  4. The person who scans these files (may or may not choose) to "activate" ECAS Status. There is a "Submit to View" or something along this lines button that can be pressed. This explains why some people see ECAS right away, while others have to wait for additional steps below. (My theory: it's the interns who go the extra mile, seasoned officers tasked with this don't bother :p) Application received Stage in ECAS, if activated. In the past few pages this has been unofficially christened as the "Crazy Intern Theory" by members.
  5. In addition to the a"Submit to View" button, the UCI for Sponsor / Parents has to be active (e.g. in my case, my UCI is more than 7 years old (since it was used last) and is not active in CIC database. A new one will be created). The active part was partially incorrect info by previous agent. New agent has confirmed that the old UCI has to be "activated" and "linked" to the new application. Please note that even if you didn't supply UCI info CIC is able to link the application to the UCI. This may or may not hold true for everybody and remains to be seen
  6. The Prospect File is handed to a CIC Case Officer (CO) - first come first serve basis. (The first come first serve theory is now confirmed based on trends, unless the "crazy intern theory" takes precedence, which has happened in a few cases.
  7. The CO reviews the file for completeness, correct fees, etc. and generates a proper Application ID (i.e. just removes the X in front of the temporary file number), new UCI (if old ones are inactive) old UCI's are linked, and activates the file - ECAS Status is now available. In process Stage in ECAS. As of today, current lead time to get to this stage is anywhere between 4-6 weeks (and increasing as more and more applications come through) for most people. Refer Tracker.
  8. CO issues the AoR (by email if available) to the Sponsor with Application ID F000000000
  9. With the application ID, one can now "link" the application on myCIC.
  10. Assessment Stage Starts. File review is now underway for Sponsor eligibility. Stays as In process Stage in ECAS?
  11. Missing documents / additional documents etc are now requested.
Additional info:
  • eCAS often lags behind actual AoR email or myCIC.
  • In some case people have been able to link their myCIC with the Temporary File number (remove the "x") while no update is being seen on eCAS. Again, only possible if Step 7 has happened.
Bottom line, no need to panic, as there are lots of variations along the basic trend. It will take at minimum 4-6 weeks from the date the Application is received by CIC. Even longer, if the applications are received in Ottawa closer to the June 28th date given the additional burden on CIC with a rush of applications.

Hi,

I do I link my application and see status online ? I have sent the docs on Jun 3rd ?

Also I applied for my own citizenship on Apr 30th, still cant see anything online with my UCI number

can someone please shed some light !!

zeiesfirdaus

Jan 28, 2019
Hi,

I do I link my application and see status online ? I have sent the docs on Jun 3rd ?

Also I applied for my own citizenship on Apr 30th, still cant see anything online with my UCI number

can someone please shed some light !!
Wait for another 4 -6 weeks for the PGP part. Not sure re the timing on the Citizenship part.

Apr 27, 2019
Calgary
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
14-06-2019
Anyone here that filled in only one parent's name in the Interest to Sponsor form in January, got invited in April, and then filled in both parents in the application?
I did. One of the IRCC agents told me it's ok to do so. I added it into my explanation letter.
I think it'll be fine. This is my personal option.

newandold

Jan 30, 2017
Hi,

My application received on May 01st. I can see ECAS status as application received. However when I am trying to link application in myCIC the application not found. I am proving exact details which are provided in application form for primary applicants .What could be the reason ? What should be the family size ? As suggested in this forum I am entering 2: principal applicant - 1 + sponsor - 1 , the spouse is not sponsored in my case. Please advise.
I had the same issue, mine was received on April 30, I can see ecas, but I can't link. If you are able to see the ecas after several days from submission, then it may that they activated the ecas but did not started to work on your file and it has temporary number yet. If you started to see ecas the last days only, then you should be able to link. My reply is based what I see on forums and Whatsapp groups, but the agent advised me that whether I can see ecas or no, if my application has teporary file number then it will not be possible to link.

edmpr

Star Member
Aug 2, 2016
Hi All,

Invitation to apply for parents sponsorship received on 24th April 2019.
Application submitted via registered post on 30th May 2019
Applying from Alberta
Country of Origin: India
How do I check the status of application if they have received the file or not.
Please advice.

@ YULIA-2016: please update on the spreadsheet

Thanks,
Edmpr

Last edited:
Reactions: robertp

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
Hi All,

Invitation to apply for parents sponsorship received on 24th April 2019.
Application submitted via registered post on 30th May 2019
How do I check the status of application if they have received the file or not.
Please advice.

Thanks,
Edmpr
To check ecas status you have to wait 4-6 week as per current processing time.

Reactions: edmpr

brgill

Star Member
May 14, 2019
Invitation received April 24
Ottawa received Application May 2nd
ECAS status was available almost immediately, but i was unable to link my application to my cic until Friday (june 7th )
And I tried this morning (june 10) and i successfully linked my application. It just says in process
To link the application I used primary applicant's Name, Passport number, and to figure out total number of persons always include yourself + if you a cosigner + parents only . In my case its two of us + parents so total number of persons = 4 Dont include children's.

Reactions: Canada_Super

myahya

Jan 4, 2018
Ontario
Kindly update the spreadsheet:

Username: MYayah
Sponsored Person: Parents
Invitation Received: Fri, Apr 26, 12:50 PM
Application Received in Ottawa: June 10, 2019

Thanks and all the best to everyone.

Reactions: YULIA-2016

jjedm

Oct 7, 2016
When did you send it?

Kindly update the spreadsheet:

Username: MYayah
Sponsored Person: Parents
Invitation Received: Fri, Apr 26, 12:50 PM
Application Received in Ottawa: June 10, 2019

Thanks and all the best to everyone.

napoleonbot

Mar 9, 2017
my package was delivered May 10, still unable to get ECAS information.
Should I use my own UCI (sponsor) to search for the ECAS, correct? because sponsor evaluation is the first step to do.
what is the timeline for everyone's ECAS?